Default economist blames wall street for collapse

On 09/05/2010 10:38 AM, bpuharic wrote:

really? you mean 100M americans DIDNT get screwed by the market in the
last 3 years?

Oh they did, but they screwed themselves.

Money for nothing and chicks for free and the bills didn't get paid.
Voted for cheap credit from a demcrater congress and a fast talking
bull****er like Obama. Denialism at it's best. Over extended debt
monkeys and the corrupt killing the system.

I don't see conservative people suffering, hell, we love this turmoil.
Sideline the cash until the hard leasons are learned well.

Look at it this way. If you have so many leaches on you that you get
sick do you:

1) Put more leaches on you. (Obamanomics of debt, more debt)
or
2) Tighten up the belt, shake off the leaches and get better. (Conservative)

You choose. Obama is trying to solve a massive debt problem with more
debt. All the same problems of 2 years ago exist today, but $2.5
trillion more in the hole and counting.
--
There is a sucker born every minute, liberals and our politicians are
counting on it.

On 09/05/2010 11:26 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 09 May 2010 12:40:36 -0400, wrote:

Wall street prices are just the illusion of money.

really? ever sell any stock?

Yes, just last week and because of that I was part of the run on the
market that crashed the value of those stocks.

The fact remains that stock prices are based on what people are
buying, when they sell that "value" quickly disappears.

If there are a million shares of a stock that is selling for a buck
each you could say there was a million dollars worth of value out
there but if somebody actually tried to cash in more than a small
percentage of that stock it would quickly be a 50 cent stock.
In that regard the value is just an illusion.
All you have to do is look at a stock like Pets.Com to see that.
That was Clinton's bubble. In 2000 it looked like the economy was
booming but within a few months that booming stock market crashed when
people actually tried to cash in on that boom. The Nasdaq went from
6000 to 2000 in 12 months (Jan 2000 - Jan 2001). That was a crash you
can't blame on Bush.

I would be setting my limits this week at 30% below. Selectively of
course as some will not rebound.

Pets.com, I would buy it no how. Consumer cyclical and optional. I
doubt pet adoption is high on the minds of the spending public.

But one has to like these liberally mismanaged debt/currency issues.
The market churn is fantasic for profits.

What do you think bottom is? Dow 10,000 or 8000?
--
There is a sucker born every minute, liberals and our politicians are
counting on it.

wrote in message
news
On Sun, 9 May 2010 10:05:08 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

It was a trillion that never really existed in the first place. It was
just phony paper "money" they created out of thin air.

While it wasn't cash, if the stocks are sold (and many are), it would
certainly be real!

A stock price is only valid for the last person to actually exercise
that trade and as sell orders come in prices inevitably drop.
Some of my stop loss orders actually traded lower than the price I set
because the market would not support that price in the free fall after
that bozo screwed up one sell order.

Yes, thus the money is certainly real for those exercising trades. It also
has the effect of making companies vulnerable to pirates, who would take
advantage of low stock prices. Again, very real consequences.

On 09/05/2010 10:42 AM, bpuharic wrote:
On Sun, 09 May 2010 09:09:09 -0600,
wrote:

For example, you take a 10 year t-bill at 0.5% and say inlfation runs an
average of 10%, then loaning the government cost you 50% in value even
though the $$$ amount in 10 years is slightly up.

It is also why US/Canadian government can no longer borrow money and
create it off their own banks...inflationary ponzi money

really?

by the way...what's the rate of inflation nowadays?

oh. there isn't any.

Funny, we watch what we spend like a hawk and my wife has a good memory
for her shopping. She estimates 5-7% in the last year at the grocery store.

If you use the governments own inflation calculator, you can tell pretty
quick the goverment inflation numbers are bull****. Inflation is always
more than the government states. About 1.6 times I figure. Keeps the
sheep happy to get a 2% raise on a government stated 1.6% when it is
really 2.5%.

That is, a second crash is inevitable at this point. As Obama and
democrats are jack asses if they think they can debt-spend their way out
of a debt depression.

worked in 39, didn't it? our debt burden was higher then than it is
now.

but you're right wing...not too bright....you think black guys will
destroy the US

Work out the government debt in 1939 and the personal rates of income
tax. I rest my case as debt was under control, income tax was much lower.

But if you are suggesting that after Obama and congress screw it up bad
enough, they might start a WWW III to bailout government, they just might.

Could even be this is engineered. How better to get quality recruits
into the armed forces than a government made depression as they gear up
for war. Exactly the same path Adolf Hitler took.

On 09/05/2010 11:28 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 09 May 2010 12:42:16 -0400, wrote:

by the way...what's the rate of inflation nowadays?

oh. there isn't any.

Bought any oil based products lately? (everything is oil based) There
is certainly inflation going on. The fed is just ignoring it and
borrowing to hide it by printing money.

True. Canadians and US governments are hopelessly broke. They haven't
been able to borrow money from the markets since September 2008 in a
meaningful way. Treasuries, a joke. They just extended the government
debt by the US Fed (Government ponzi bank) to $14.7 trillion or
something like that. 100% of which will be created money, not borrowed.
Which means real problems in currency.

Hell, Greece could do that too if it were not for EU Euro being common.
Any country producing money like this screws the others.

The only reason the US gets away with it is that like GM they are
percieved as too big to fail. But as that perception is realised as
myth, the US is on a downhill ride.

Fortunately shares are like currency. 10000 shares of xyz corp is 10000
shares of xyz corp even if the currency devalues to pesos. One does
want to pick the right time to get in and out of these roller coaster dives.

Time to set some more low ball limit orders. I expect
Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday to be volitile.

Wall Street Eisboch General 5 October 14th 08 03:17 PM
Wall Street Whores Vic Smith General 3 September 18th 08 06:35 PM
Wall Street... A Boater[_2_] General 0 September 15th 08 08:39 PM
Wall Street Journal sez: hk General 0 August 10th 08 05:33 PM
As seen on Oprah, 20/20, the Wall Street Journal [email protected] General 1 August 8th 07 02:27 PM