hk hk is offline

Default Boat covers and bungee cords

On 4/20/10 11:45 AM, wrote:
On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 22:45:31 -0700, wrote:

"Bill wrote in message

wrote in message
On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 17:32:00 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

at an auction that were left over from a special order construction
project. I've never seen them that long at a lumber yard before. I
dont' know what they were used for but I have about 6 or 7 sheets of
the stuff.

Probably collectors' items Tim. Hell, they may be worth a fortune.
--
John H

For a great time, go here first...
http://tinyurl.com/ygqxs5v

"collector grade" plywood. Come to think of it, there probably is
sucha thing.

who'd a thunk it?

Any real lumber yard should be able to order it for you. You can also
get 5' wide plywood.
They may want you to buy a bundle of it tho ;-)

Nope, they would want you to buy a "unit" of it. I have never seen the 5x
but 4x10 is a catalog item. Probably for use like 4x10 sheetrock
sheathing.

It's mainly used for shear walls when the ceiling height is greater than 8'.
It saves a bunch of labor since you don't have to block and nail off the
shorter ply.

--Mike

That's why I know about it. The houses my wife used to build all had
10' ceilings and 8' doors. I used to joke that we must be expecting an
influx of NBA players here.

4x10 ply would make an interesting base for a slot car racing track,
assuming there is still interest in home-based slot car racing...

--
The Tea Party's teabaggers are just the Republican base by another name.

Sea Ray boat covers Haas C General 3 June 27th 08 02:29 AM
power cords and plugs RB Electronics 3 January 29th 06 08:37 PM
WARNING Bungee Love Nidge UK Paddle 0 September 25th 04 10:50 PM
Kill Cords? Steve H General 8 August 11th 04 04:54 PM
boat covers Fred General 4 November 7th 03 11:51 PM