Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Steve H

Default Kill Cords?

I have a small Johnson J3R (3.5hp) outboard that we use regularly on a small
dinghy. It was purchased brand new, from a dealer, about 3 months ago.

It suddenly occurred to me that should I fall off the side then I would
probably finish up in the water watching the kids disappear up the river

The outboard doesn't come with any kill cord fitted :-

1. Should it have had one fitted under current law? It has been suggested
to me that this is true.

2. How easy will it be to fit one?

Thanks in advance .....

78 Merc 200: How to wire mercury kill switch?? John Davison General 4 June 18th 04 12:39 AM
Shift cable and kill switch adjusting Ree-Yees General 12 June 1st 04 04:41 PM
Old Evinrude NO Kill sw + prop info.? GaryG UK Power Boats 0 October 19th 03 10:30 PM
Yawn... yet another series of threads to automatically kill.... Wayne.B General 2 October 4th 03 07:19 PM
Jews kill secret service workers for saving lives . . . Capt. Mooron ASA 0 June 24th 03 01:50 PM