Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default You're in good hands with Obamacare

Nurse: We have the result of your biopsy Mrs Harris, You have Ductal
Carcinoma in-Situ, DCIS, a pre-cancerous area in your right breast.
Mrs Harris: OH, Thank God you caught it in time, my mom and her mom
and even my sister died from breast cancer. When can we schedule
surgery?
Nurse: Well………..Obamacare only allows surgery for invasive lesions
and DCIS is not yet invasive so……….
Mrs. Harris: What? I have to wait until a mammogram shows it is
spreading, that’s outrageous.
Nurse: Well, that is the policy.
Mrs. Harris: OK, I’ll get a mammogram every 6 months then to be sure
to catch it.
Nurse: Obamacare only allows for a mammogram every 18 months.
Mrs Harris: It could have metastasized and spread all over in 18
months.
Nurse: Yes, but then surgery will be covered by Obamacare.
Mrs. Harris: But the outcome is so much worse then.
Nurse: That’s true but Obamacare does provide 2 weeks of hospice.