Default My next sailing fantasy

Alaska Inside Passage. Last year, wife asked me if I was interested
in cruising the Inside Passage and of course I said "sure", she shook
her head sadly and said, "I mean on a ship".
Eeeeeeew, a cruise ship, how would that be fun?
So, she is planning her trip of a lifetime with my two daughters,
flying to Fairbanks (been there myself) and taking a train down to
Anchorage and then by boat through the inside passage and then to
Seattle and then flying back here. YES, Expensive, but I cannot
complain because i have done some bizarro travelling which although
they did not cost much money, did cause her to worry.
So............how to cheaply get my 8000 lb boat to Seattle............

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
Alaska Inside Passage. Last year, wife asked me if I was interested
in cruising the Inside Passage and of course I said "sure", she shook
her head sadly and said, "I mean on a ship".
Eeeeeeew, a cruise ship, how would that be fun?
So, she is planning her trip of a lifetime with my two daughters,
flying to Fairbanks (been there myself) and taking a train down to
Anchorage and then by boat through the inside passage and then to
Seattle and then flying back here. YES, Expensive, but I cannot
complain because i have done some bizarro travelling which although
they did not cost much money, did cause her to worry.
So............how to cheaply get my 8000 lb boat to Seattle............

They rent boats in Seattle. And Cruise West does the passage on 80
passenger boats. Wife's aunt and uncle have taken 2 cruises on the small
boats and liked them.

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
Alaska Inside Passage. Last year, wife asked me if I was interested
in cruising the Inside Passage and of course I said "sure", she shook
her head sadly and said, "I mean on a ship".
Eeeeeeew, a cruise ship, how would that be fun?
So, she is planning her trip of a lifetime with my two daughters,
flying to Fairbanks (been there myself) and taking a train down to
Anchorage and then by boat through the inside passage and then to
Seattle and then flying back here. YES, Expensive, but I cannot
complain because i have done some bizarro travelling which although
they did not cost much money, did cause her to worry.
So............how to cheaply get my 8000 lb boat to Seattle............

They rent boats in Seattle. And Cruise West does the passage on 80
passenger boats. Wife's aunt and uncle have taken 2 cruises on the small
boats and liked them.

I have a hard time believing any company would rent a sail boat to someone
to sail the NW passage.

--
Nom=de=Plume

On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 17:24:21 -0700, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

I have a hard time believing any company would rent a sail boat to someone
to sail the NW passage.

The Inside Passage and the NW Passage are a world apart.

wrote:

I have a hard time believing any company would rent a sail boat to someone
to sail the NW passage.

The Inside Passage and the NW Passage are a world apart.

My error.. I just read a story about the NW Passage.

--
Nom=de=Plume

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
[...]

Do not know about sail boats, but they do rent powerboats for the inside
passage trip. Google it.

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
[...]

Don't have to. See my response to Wayne. You don't have to google it either.

--
Nom=de=Plume

jps jps is offline

On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 16:02:38 -0700 (PDT), Frogwatch
wrote:

Alaska Inside Passage. Last year, wife asked me if I was interested
in cruising the Inside Passage and of course I said "sure", she shook
her head sadly and said, "I mean on a ship".
Eeeeeeew, a cruise ship, how would that be fun?
So, she is planning her trip of a lifetime with my two daughters,
flying to Fairbanks (been there myself) and taking a train down to
Anchorage and then by boat through the inside passage and then to
Seattle and then flying back here. YES, Expensive, but I cannot
complain because i have done some bizarro travelling which although
they did not cost much money, did cause her to worry.
So............how to cheaply get my 8000 lb boat to Seattle............

From what I've heard of your boat, you could buy another for the same
price as transportation. There are a few for sale locally.

You may want to budget for a survival suit, the water is a bit colder
on this side of the country and a little colder as you get further
north.

On Apr 8, 7:02*pm, Frogwatch wrote:
Alaska Inside Passage. *Last year, wife asked me if I was interested
in cruising the Inside Passage and of course I said "sure", she shook
her head sadly and said, "I mean on a ship".
Eeeeeeew, a cruise ship, how would that be fun?
So, she is planning her trip of a lifetime with my two daughters,
flying to Fairbanks (been there myself) and taking a train down to
Anchorage and then by boat through the inside passage and then to
Seattle and then flying back here. *YES, Expensive, but I cannot
complain because i have done some bizarro travelling which although
they did not cost much money, did cause her to worry.
So............how to cheaply get my 8000 lb boat to Seattle............

Froggy, if you've never sailed around the northeast USA, Connecticut
up to Maine, then that's where I would suggest you go. The area is
absolutely beautiful, much different from Florida. I'd give Shortwave
Tom a call and trailer the boat up there. He can show you good places
to launch, and probably give you some good tips on where to leave the
towing vehicle and trailer.

When I'm touring in that area, I'm constantly wishing I'd brought my
boat. It's beautiful.