nom=de=plume nom=de=plume is offline

Default My next sailing fantasy

"Bill McKee" wrote in message
m...

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
Alaska Inside Passage. Last year, wife asked me if I was interested
in cruising the Inside Passage and of course I said "sure", she shook
her head sadly and said, "I mean on a ship".
Eeeeeeew, a cruise ship, how would that be fun?
So, she is planning her trip of a lifetime with my two daughters,
flying to Fairbanks (been there myself) and taking a train down to
Anchorage and then by boat through the inside passage and then to
Seattle and then flying back here. YES, Expensive, but I cannot
complain because i have done some bizarro travelling which although
they did not cost much money, did cause her to worry.
So............how to cheaply get my 8000 lb boat to Seattle............

They rent boats in Seattle. And Cruise West does the passage on 80
passenger boats. Wife's aunt and uncle have taken 2 cruises on the small
boats and liked them.

I have a hard time believing any company would rent a sail boat to someone
to sail the NW passage.

--
Nom=de=Plume