Default Where should the focus be - the problems or the solutions?

On Apr 2, 6:42*am, hk wrote:
On 4/1/10 8:37 PM, Eisboch wrote:

"I am *wrote in message

I think the part of service that folks don't take into account is you
have signed on the dotted to take or even, give a life at any time, when
called upon to do it...

Scotty

I *did*?

Holy Crap!

Eisboch

So do firemen, police, schoolteachers, et cetera.

--
Conservatives - just pretend Obama's health care legislation is another
unnecessary war and you'll feel better about it.

Wrong again, Krause.
hk hk is offline

On 4/2/10 7:53 AM, TopBassDog wrote:
On Apr 2, 6:42 am, wrote:
On 4/1/10 8:37 PM, Eisboch wrote:

"I am wrote in message

I think the part of service that folks don't take into account is you
have signed on the dotted to take or even, give a life at any time, when
called upon to do it...

Scotty

I *did*?

Holy Crap!

Eisboch

So do firemen, police, schoolteachers, et cetera.

--
Conservatives - just pretend Obama's health care legislation is another
unnecessary war and you'll feel better about it.

Wrong again, Krause.

Well, firemen and schoolteachers usually aren't in the business of
taking lives, eh?

--
http://tinyurl.com/ykxp2ym

hk wrote:
On 4/1/10 8:37 PM, Eisboch wrote:
"I am wrote in message

I think the part of service that folks don't take into account is you
have signed on the dotted to take or even, give a life at any time, when
called upon to do it...

Scotty

I *did*?

Holy Crap!

Eisboch

So do firemen, police, schoolteachers, et cetera.

How about jingle writers? What do they sign up for?

On Apr 1, 3:24*pm, hk wrote:
On 4/1/10 9:28 AM, John H wrote:

On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 08:26:54 -0400, *wrote:

*wrote in message
news:beWdnbBrIaRtFinWnZ2dnUVZ_uidnZ2d@earthlink. com...
On 4/1/10 7:47 AM, Eisboch wrote:
* wrote in message
news:roidnTVrQJFLHynWnZ2dnUVZ_umdnZ2d@earthlin k.com...

How's that surgery of the week doing for ya, Johnny Boy? Kinda cuts down
on hopey-changey for you, eh? Got that surgical suite booked for your
next
"incident"?

Oh...I read the post under question for "content." The content was
easy...it was just a restatement of the usual conservative's "I've got
mine, so **** you."

Let's see here ...

John earned his for him and his family by fulfilling a 20+ year contract
with the US military serving at the pleasure at several US Presidents.

You earn yours by keeping your union dues paid up to date.

Who sacrificed more for his?

Eisboch

Not the point. It's the "I've got mine, so **** you" attitude of his.

And what sacrifice? Herring was in the military voluntarily.

I don't know when John entered military service. *I think he's of the same
vintage as you and I, and I know I entered "voluntarily" *to avoid entering
"involuntarily". * He may not have been so lucky.
I don't know.

Once in, many decide to make it a career. *Reasons vary per the individual.
I didn't make it a full career with retirement benefits, but I did nine
years to "pay" for educational programs that were offered.

Everyone makes their way through life in their own way. *To do so
responsibly, honestly, raising a family and providing for them is key, not
what your title or social status is to others.

You want sacrifice, consider a factory worker who spends 20 years on the
job and is pink-slipped, losing health care and quite probably a good
chunk of pension benefits.

Maybe they should have joined the Army. * *Just kidding. *But that said, it
does raise a point.
For some, military or government careers provide the financial and
retirement benefits that many seek. * Whats wrong with that? * The bulk of
the US Senate does the same thing. *Career politicians with decent salaries,
fantastic benefits and huge expense accounts. *Talk about milking the
system.

Eisboch

John was drafted. John had no college education and no money to get one.. The
Army provided the means to do so. But, for every carrot the Army offers, there
is a stick. For each year of college, the Army charged two years of service. For
promotions, other schools, etc, the Army has a charge. Eventually it's stupid to
get out before retirement.
--
John H

Especially, if, like you, you have no real marketable skills, eh?

--http://tinyurl.com/ykxp2ym- Hide quoted text -

The voice of experience speaks...

On Apr 2, 6:42 am, *wrote:
On 4/1/10 8:37 PM, Eisboch wrote:

"I am * *wrote in message

I think the part of service that folks don't take into account is you
have signed on the dotted to take or even, give a life at any time, when
called upon to do it...

Scotty

I *did*?

Holy Crap!

Eisboch

So do firemen, police, schoolteachers, et cetera.

--
Conservatives - just pretend Obama's health care legislation is another
unnecessary war and you'll feel better about it.

Wrong again, Krause.

Well, firemen and schoolteachers usually aren't in the business of
taking lives, eh?

--http://tinyurl.com/ykxp2ym

Herr Krause. Here does a school teacher sign a contract to lay down
their lives, if necessary, for the protection of others?

On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 07:42:17 -0400, hk wrote:

On 4/1/10 8:37 PM, Eisboch wrote:
"I am wrote in message

I think the part of service that folks don't take into account is you
have signed on the dotted to take or even, give a life at any time, when
called upon to do it...

Scotty

I *did*?

Holy Crap!

Eisboch

So do firemen, police, schoolteachers, et cetera.

Great people all.
--
John H

For a great time, go here first... http://tinyurl.com/ygqxs5v

On Apr 2, 6:42 am, *wrote:
On 4/1/10 8:37 PM, Eisboch wrote:

"I am * *wrote in message

I think the part of service that folks don't take into account is you
have signed on the dotted to take or even, give a life at any time, when
called upon to do it...

Scotty

I *did*?

Holy Crap!

Eisboch

So do firemen, police, schoolteachers, et cetera.

--
Conservatives - just pretend Obama's health care legislation is another
unnecessary war and you'll feel better about it.

Wrong again, Krause.

Well, firemen and schoolteachers usually aren't in the business of
taking lives, eh?

--http://tinyurl.com/ykxp2ym

Herr Krause. Here does a school teacher sign a contract to lay down
their lives, if necessary, for the protection of others?

"Here" should have been "Where"

My apologies

"TopBassDog" wrote in message
On Apr 1, 1:56 pm, "nom=de=plume" wrote:
"anon-e-moose" wrote in message

nom=de=plume wrote:
"Eisboch" wrote in message
om...
On 4/1/10 7:47 AM, Eisboch wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Which is nice for both of you, but you didn't address hk's point, which
is that he's basically saying he's got his and he doesn't care about
anyone else.

Harry is full of ****e. If you want to address Harry, be my guest. I
sense
that you are too afraid of him to engage him though.

Full of it or not, he made a valid point, which hasn't been addressed.
Looks
like you're not going to address it either. Why is that typical...

--
Nom=de=Plume

Keep spinning D'Plume. You're proven you're not average some time ago.
But it doesn't hurt to show you are maintaining your selective
competence levels.

You would know about incompetence!

--
Nom=de=Plume

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message

Nothing wrong with personal responsibility. There's a lot wrong with his
attitude about others. As I said, look it up.

--
Nom=de=Plume

Sorry. I don't play that game. You made the accusations. Back them up.

Eisboch

I already did. I'm sorry if you're unable to figure it out. You've been here
longer than I and should know.

--
Nom=de=Plume

"TopBassDog" wrote in message

Which is nice for both of you, but you didn't address hk's point, which
is
that he's basically saying he's got his and he doesn't care about anyone
else.

--
Nom=de=Plume

For hk, that would be a correct assumption.

Now it is addressed.

For you, it would be an ass.

--
Nom=de=Plume