Default Need info on older Nordic power boat

See the craigslist posting below.
http://denver.craigslist.org/boa/1590142736.html
Does anyone recognize what model boat this is?
I realize the boat is old, but if I get a reputable mechanic to
inspect the mercury outboard, and it is servicable, what other issues
to I need to beware of? The hull looks like its in great shape, and
the seats show some weathering. The motor was winterized and kept in
storage over the winter and supposedly has 10 hours on it since the
last overhaul.

"Amigoid" wrote in message
See the craigslist posting below.
http://denver.craigslist.org/boa/1590142736.html
Does anyone recognize what model boat this is?
I realize the boat is old, but if I get a reputable mechanic to
inspect the mercury outboard, and it is servicable, what other issues
to I need to beware of? The hull looks like its in great shape, and
the seats show some weathering. The motor was winterized and kept in
storage over the winter and supposedly has 10 hours on it since the
last overhaul.

Nordic ski boats were highly regarded many years ago. Hmmm.. make that
many, many years ago.
They were *the* boat to have in ski clubs and tournaments.

I have no idea if it's still the same company. Most boat manufacturers have
gone through several ownerships, or folded and the name was purchased.

But, back in the 60's they were *the* boat.

Eisboch

Tim Tim is offline

On Mar 1, 6:22*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
"Amigoid" wrote in message

[...]

I'd say it's worth it. I remember the Nordic's and there were lots of
boat mfj's that made the same style of boats like Checkmate,
Glastron , Outlaw, Sprint, Eagle, etc.

i saw most of those being used on the river and mostly is flat water.
He's throwing enough stuff in there to sweeten the deal.

There was a local that had an 18 foot Taylor (only one I've heard of)
that was the same style with a 150 hp Merc. "Black Max" on it. The
engine was fine, but the boat was ratty,Gel coat was dull, and seats
were considerably weathered and the trailer was a bit rusty and
needed tires. Anyhow, he had it advertised in front of his house with
a $1900.00 price tag on it. and it sat for about a month, then he
dropped it down to $1350.00 and it moved in less than a week.
So just by what I'm seeing it looks like a good deal to me.

If anything else you could part it out and get your money back. The
engine would bring a thousand, and the trailer at least $500.00

So....

On Mar 1, 5:06*pm, Amigoid wrote:
See the craigslist posting below.http://denver.craigslist.org/boa/1590142736.html
Does anyone recognize what model boat this is?
I realize the boat is old, but if I get a reputable mechanic to
inspect the mercury outboard, and it is servicable, what other issues
to I need to beware of? *The hull looks like its in great shape, and
the seats show some weathering. * The motor was winterized and kept in
storage over the winter and supposedly has 10 hours on it since the
last overhaul.

I have been able to find out from the manufacturer that its is a
Nordic Bubble Deck.
They even were able to offer that if I needed parts they would be able
to find items that would work with the boat.
Understand, this is a company that was sold to a new owner and many of
the old records were no longer available.
Randy Arrowsmith in the Creative Department at www.nordicboatsusa.com
really went the extra mile for me.
Having never done business with the company before this, I was really
impressed and encouraged by them.
I was worried I might end up with something that I'd not be able to
repair, much less restore.

With that gem of info, I was able to find "Scream and Fly Powerboat
and Hight Performance Powerboating Discussion Forums" online.
The majority of Nordic boats were jetboats, but some were outboard
units and the ones I read about were rated up to 200HP outboards.
Since I am not particularly looking to build a super drag boat, but
rather one to have fun zipping around the lake on, and pull skis or
tubes, I'm sure the old 150HP mercury will be plenty for the task.
Now to scrape up the cash!