Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
rjquick3

Default Older Boat Help...NEEDED

I need some help identifying the particulars about a used boat that was
recently given to me. I am trying to locate manuals (parts, owners,
service, etc.) so I can do some remodeling and rewiring of this vessel. I
would like to have a sanity check for myself with the manuals when doing
this work.

All I know is that it is a 1980 Chaparral 187 Bowrider. Is there anyway to
find manuals for this boat. I do have the title and the ID number. Where
can I go to get more help for finding the manuals for this boat?

Also, I have a 90 or 115HP Mariner OB on this boat as well. I say 90 or 115
because the hood says 90 but the motor itself leads me to believe it is 115.
Is there anyway to look up the serial number(s) to find out the year of this
OB. I was able to find a model number which is Mariner 7115644. Is there
any place that I can do a reverse look up of this model number and find out
the specifics of this OB as well as find the appropriate manuals for parts,
service and owners.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Feel free to email me with any questions
or help that can be provided. It is a solid boat and I would like to fix
the minor problems with it and get it in the water down here in sunny
Florida.

Thanks

Robert

OT Hanoi John Kerry Christopher Robin General 34 March 29th 04 01:13 PM
offshore fishing adectus General 7 January 3rd 04 03:23 PM
Repost from Merc group Clams Canino General 0 August 29th 03 12:43 PM