BoatBanter.com

-   -   Our next president? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/112343-our-next-president.html)

nom=de=plume December 17th 09 07:28 PM

Our next president?

wrote in message
On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 19:33:14 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

"Rob" wrote in message
om...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

This guy has lots of great rhetoric but has proposed nothing of substance.

Isn't that the definition of a politician?

Not of a successful one, and certainly not these days.

--
Nom=de=Plume

[email protected] December 17th 09 07:39 PM

Our next president?

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:26:38 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Rob" wrote in message
news:Xf2dnf3jiL9U4rTWnZ2dnUVZ_udi4p2d@giganews. com...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

This guy has lots of great rhetoric but has proposed nothing of substance.

He explicated his idealogy, and he did so very well. Distinctly
expressing an idealogy is necessary to help an electorate determine a
whether a candidate is one worth voting for.

"His idealogy" No substance, as I said. Do or do not words "count"?

You're playing a game with semantics. An idealogy is an idealogy
simply because it is substantive. Otherwise everything you or anyone
else in this forum spews out is nothing more than a Lewis Carroll
musing. For your own sake, you need to learn to be 'wrong' on
occassion.

nom=de=plume December 17th 09 08:24 PM

Our next president?

wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:26:38 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

"Rob" wrote in message
news:Xf2dnf3jiL9U4rTWnZ2dnUVZ_udi4p2d@giganews .com...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

This guy has lots of great rhetoric but has proposed nothing of
substance.

He explicated his idealogy, and he did so very well. Distinctly
expressing an idealogy is necessary to help an electorate determine a
whether a candidate is one worth voting for.

"His idealogy" No substance, as I said. Do or do not words "count"?

You're playing a game with semantics. An idealogy is an idealogy
simply because it is substantive. Otherwise everything you or anyone
else in this forum spews out is nothing more than a Lewis Carroll
musing. For your own sake, you need to learn to be 'wrong' on
occassion.

No. Substance is actually making a proposal. He didn't do that. You're the
one playing semantics.

Perhaps you should follow your own perscription and "be wrong" occasionally.

--
Nom=de=Plume

nom=de=plume December 17th 09 11:59 PM

Our next president?

wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:28:14 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

"Rob" wrote in message
news:Xf2dnf3jiL9U4rTWnZ2dnUVZ_udi4p2d@giganews .com...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

This guy has lots of great rhetoric but has proposed nothing of
substance.

Isn't that the definition of a politician?

Not of a successful one, and certainly not these days.

Huh? I suppose you could say "says things they don't mean" but they
usually make the statement so ambiguous they have an out.
Did you hear Jon Stewart the other night comparing Obama's war speech
to Bush's?
Basically "new boss, same as the old boss"
Stewart is probably the closest thing we have to a fair and balanced
news reporter these days and it is supposed to be a comedy show.

I'm not happy with the escalation in Afg., but can't see a better
alternative, and I trust Obama has looked at it from every angle and picked
the least worst action. I'm also not happy with his seeming lack of
commitment wrt to healthcare. I don't know what to make of that.

I agree though... Steward is amazing. Thank God for him.

--
Nom=de=Plume

Rob December 18th 09 01:31 AM

Our next president?

wrote:

wrote in message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

This guy has lots of great rhetoric but has proposed nothing of substance.

Isn't that the definition of a politician?

Not of a successful one, and certainly not these days.

West is running for Congress now. Let him start there.

Rob December 18th 09 01:34 AM

Our next president?

wrote:

wrote in message

[...]

He does have that Nobel Peace Prize to live up to.

Rob

nom=de=plume December 18th 09 02:01 AM

Our next president?

"Rob" wrote in message

wrote:

wrote in message

[...]

You are such a bizarre guy. You seem to think it's all about personal
putdowns, when 1000's are dying and millions are at risk. Some stand-up
citizen...

--
Nom=de=Plume

nom=de=plume December 18th 09 02:01 AM

Our next president?

"Rob" wrote in message

wrote:

wrote in message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

This guy has lots of great rhetoric but has proposed nothing of
substance.

Isn't that the definition of a politician?

Not of a successful one, and certainly not these days.

West is running for Congress now. Let him start there.

When/if he gets elected, he can try to accomplish something. It would be
nice to know what he actually is going to try and accomplish.

--
Nom=de=Plume

Vic Smith December 18th 09 02:08 AM

Our next president?

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:59:02 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

"Rob" wrote in message
news:Xf2dnf3jiL9U4rTWnZ2dnUVZ_udi4p2d@giganew s.com...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

This guy has lots of great rhetoric but has proposed nothing of
substance.

Isn't that the definition of a politician?

Not of a successful one, and certainly not these days.

Huh? I suppose you could say "says things they don't mean" but they
usually make the statement so ambiguous they have an out.
Did you hear Jon Stewart the other night comparing Obama's war speech
to Bush's?
Basically "new boss, same as the old boss"
Stewart is probably the closest thing we have to a fair and balanced
news reporter these days and it is supposed to be a comedy show.

I'm not happy with the escalation in Afg.

Wasn't Afg a brand of film?
Seem to remember that.

--Vic

nom=de=plume December 18th 09 06:01 AM

Our next president?

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:59:02 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:28:14 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

m...
wrote:

"Rob" wrote in message
[...]

I think it is/was... Kodacrome, those nice bright colors... :)

--
Nom=de=Plume