BoatBanter.com

-   -   Our next president? (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/112343-our-next-president.html)

Rob December 17th 09 12:47 AM

Our next president?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

nom=de=plume December 17th 09 03:33 AM

Our next president?

"Rob" wrote in message
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

This guy has lots of great rhetoric but has proposed nothing of substance.

--
Nom=de=Plume

FishWisher December 17th 09 04:57 AM

Our next president?

My local dog catcher will have a better chance than Obrother in 2012.
Count on it.

Dale
www.FishWisher.com

nom=de=plume December 17th 09 07:46 AM

Our next president?

"FishWisher" wrote in message
My local dog catcher will have a better chance than Obrother in 2012.
Count on it.

Dale
www.FishWisher.com

I don't think I will.

--
Nom=de=Plume

[email protected] December 17th 09 03:34 PM

Our next president?

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 19:33:14 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

"Rob" wrote in message
m...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

This guy has lots of great rhetoric but has proposed nothing of substance.

He explicated his idealogy, and he did so very well. Distinctly
expressing an idealogy is necessary to help an electorate determine a
whether a candidate is one worth voting for.

I am Tosk December 17th 09 03:53 PM

Our next president?

In article ,
says...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

With all respect John, Obama would tear him to pieces... The guy didn't
say anything really.

jps December 17th 09 04:41 PM

Our next president?

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 20:57:02 -0800 (PST), FishWisher
wrote:

My local dog catcher will have a better chance than Obrother in 2012.
Count on it.

Dale
www.FishWisher.com

Don't you have some 50 year old sturgeon to slaughter today?

Loogypicker[_2_] December 17th 09 05:31 PM

Our next president?

On Dec 16, 7:47*pm, Rob wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

Whole lotta nothin' right there.

John H[_11_] December 17th 09 05:49 PM

Our next president?

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:53:49 -0500, I am Tosk
wrote:

In article ,
says...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

With all respect John, Obama would tear him to pieces... The guy didn't
say anything really.

It's not necessary to be so respectful to Rob that you call him John.

'Rob' is probably good enough!
--

Have a Blessed Chrismahanukwanzakah and a Spectacular New Year!

John H

nom=de=plume December 17th 09 06:26 PM

Our next president?

wrote in message
On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 19:33:14 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

"Rob" wrote in message
om...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

This guy has lots of great rhetoric but has proposed nothing of substance.

He explicated his idealogy, and he did so very well. Distinctly
expressing an idealogy is necessary to help an electorate determine a
whether a candidate is one worth voting for.

"His idealogy" No substance, as I said. Do or do not words "count"?

--
Nom=de=Plume

nom=de=plume December 17th 09 07:28 PM

Our next president?

wrote in message
On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 19:33:14 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

"Rob" wrote in message
om...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

This guy has lots of great rhetoric but has proposed nothing of substance.

Isn't that the definition of a politician?

Not of a successful one, and certainly not these days.

--
Nom=de=Plume

[email protected] December 17th 09 07:39 PM

Our next president?

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:26:38 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Rob" wrote in message
news:Xf2dnf3jiL9U4rTWnZ2dnUVZ_udi4p2d@giganews. com...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

This guy has lots of great rhetoric but has proposed nothing of substance.

He explicated his idealogy, and he did so very well. Distinctly
expressing an idealogy is necessary to help an electorate determine a
whether a candidate is one worth voting for.

"His idealogy" No substance, as I said. Do or do not words "count"?

You're playing a game with semantics. An idealogy is an idealogy
simply because it is substantive. Otherwise everything you or anyone
else in this forum spews out is nothing more than a Lewis Carroll
musing. For your own sake, you need to learn to be 'wrong' on
occassion.

nom=de=plume December 17th 09 08:24 PM

Our next president?

wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:26:38 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

"Rob" wrote in message
news:Xf2dnf3jiL9U4rTWnZ2dnUVZ_udi4p2d@giganews .com...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

This guy has lots of great rhetoric but has proposed nothing of
substance.

He explicated his idealogy, and he did so very well. Distinctly
expressing an idealogy is necessary to help an electorate determine a
whether a candidate is one worth voting for.

"His idealogy" No substance, as I said. Do or do not words "count"?

You're playing a game with semantics. An idealogy is an idealogy
simply because it is substantive. Otherwise everything you or anyone
else in this forum spews out is nothing more than a Lewis Carroll
musing. For your own sake, you need to learn to be 'wrong' on
occassion.

No. Substance is actually making a proposal. He didn't do that. You're the
one playing semantics.

Perhaps you should follow your own perscription and "be wrong" occasionally.

--
Nom=de=Plume

nom=de=plume December 17th 09 11:59 PM

Our next president?

wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:28:14 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

"Rob" wrote in message
news:Xf2dnf3jiL9U4rTWnZ2dnUVZ_udi4p2d@giganews .com...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

This guy has lots of great rhetoric but has proposed nothing of
substance.

Isn't that the definition of a politician?

Not of a successful one, and certainly not these days.

Huh? I suppose you could say "says things they don't mean" but they
usually make the statement so ambiguous they have an out.
Did you hear Jon Stewart the other night comparing Obama's war speech
to Bush's?
Basically "new boss, same as the old boss"
Stewart is probably the closest thing we have to a fair and balanced
news reporter these days and it is supposed to be a comedy show.

I'm not happy with the escalation in Afg., but can't see a better
alternative, and I trust Obama has looked at it from every angle and picked
the least worst action. I'm also not happy with his seeming lack of
commitment wrt to healthcare. I don't know what to make of that.

I agree though... Steward is amazing. Thank God for him.

--
Nom=de=Plume

Rob December 18th 09 01:31 AM

Our next president?

wrote:

wrote in message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

This guy has lots of great rhetoric but has proposed nothing of substance.

Isn't that the definition of a politician?

Not of a successful one, and certainly not these days.

West is running for Congress now. Let him start there.

Rob December 18th 09 01:34 AM

Our next president?

wrote:

wrote in message

[...]

He does have that Nobel Peace Prize to live up to.

Rob

nom=de=plume December 18th 09 02:01 AM

Our next president?

"Rob" wrote in message

wrote:

wrote in message

[...]

You are such a bizarre guy. You seem to think it's all about personal
putdowns, when 1000's are dying and millions are at risk. Some stand-up
citizen...

--
Nom=de=Plume

nom=de=plume December 18th 09 02:01 AM

Our next president?

"Rob" wrote in message

wrote:

wrote in message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

This guy has lots of great rhetoric but has proposed nothing of
substance.

Isn't that the definition of a politician?

Not of a successful one, and certainly not these days.

West is running for Congress now. Let him start there.

When/if he gets elected, he can try to accomplish something. It would be
nice to know what he actually is going to try and accomplish.

--
Nom=de=Plume

Vic Smith December 18th 09 02:08 AM

Our next president?

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:59:02 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

"Rob" wrote in message
news:Xf2dnf3jiL9U4rTWnZ2dnUVZ_udi4p2d@giganew s.com...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

This guy has lots of great rhetoric but has proposed nothing of
substance.

Isn't that the definition of a politician?

Not of a successful one, and certainly not these days.

Huh? I suppose you could say "says things they don't mean" but they
usually make the statement so ambiguous they have an out.
Did you hear Jon Stewart the other night comparing Obama's war speech
to Bush's?
Basically "new boss, same as the old boss"
Stewart is probably the closest thing we have to a fair and balanced
news reporter these days and it is supposed to be a comedy show.

I'm not happy with the escalation in Afg.

Wasn't Afg a brand of film?
Seem to remember that.

--Vic

nom=de=plume December 18th 09 06:01 AM

Our next president?

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:59:02 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:28:14 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

m...
wrote:

"Rob" wrote in message
[...]

I think it is/was... Kodacrome, those nice bright colors... :)

--
Nom=de=Plume

jps December 18th 09 09:04 AM

Our next president?

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 22:01:19 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:28:14 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

om...
wrote:

"Rob" wrote in message
[...]

That'd be Agfa.

Maybe you're thinking of Alf, the Muppet.

John H[_11_] December 18th 09 01:05 PM

Our next president?

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 20:08:24 -0600, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:59:02 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:28:14 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

m...
wrote:

"Rob" wrote in message
[...]

Afga, I think.
--

Have a Super Christmas and a Spectacular New Year!

John H

Tim December 18th 09 01:30 PM

Our next president?

On Dec 17, 12:45*pm, wrote:
On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 19:33:14 -0800, "nom=de=plume"

wrote:
"Rob" wrote in message
m...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

This guy has lots of great rhetoric but has proposed nothing of substance.

Isn't that the definition of a politician?

I think he's got jsut a good of a chance as anyone else.

but he doesn't lie enough, probably.

The better the liar, the better the politician.

nom=de=plume December 18th 09 06:36 PM

Our next president?

"jps" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 22:01:19 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:59:02 -0800, "nom=de=plume"
wrote:

m...
wrote:

news:41vki55ivdn4lbtu29feonab3443eiudna@4ax. com...
wrote:

"Rob" wrote in message
[...]

Agfa... that's it.

--
Nom=de=Plume

nom=de=plume December 18th 09 06:37 PM

Our next president?

"Tim" wrote in message
On Dec 17, 12:45 pm, wrote:
On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 19:33:14 -0800, "nom=de=plume"

wrote:
"Rob" wrote in message
m...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

This guy has lots of great rhetoric but has proposed nothing of
substance.

Isn't that the definition of a politician?

I think he's got jsut a good of a chance as anyone else.

but he doesn't lie enough, probably.

The better the liar, the better the politician.

Why don't you think he doesn't lie enough?

Perhaps the better liar was a better politician in the past, but it doesn't
cut it now.

--
Nom=de=Plume

Rob December 19th 09 02:23 AM

Our next president?

nom=de=plume wrote:
wrote in message

wrote:

wrote in message

[...]

Obama is struggling to be just that.

Rob December 19th 09 02:24 AM

Our next president?

nom=de=plume wrote:
wrote in message

wrote:

wrote in message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

This guy has lots of great rhetoric but has proposed nothing of
substance.

Isn't that the definition of a politician?

Not of a successful one, and certainly not these days.

West is running for Congress now. Let him start there.

When/if he gets elected, he can try to accomplish something. It would be
nice to know what he actually is going to try and accomplish.

Amazing set up...

The same could be said for Obama and his failures.

nom=de=plume December 19th 09 03:03 AM

Our next president?

"Rob" wrote in message
nom=de=plume wrote:
wrote in message

wrote:

wrote in message

[...]

He's doing just fine as a citizen and as a president.

--
Nom=de=Plume

nom=de=plume December 19th 09 03:04 AM

Our next president?

"Rob" wrote in message
nom=de=plume wrote:
wrote in message

wrote:

wrote in message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

This guy has lots of great rhetoric but has proposed nothing of
substance.

Isn't that the definition of a politician?

Not of a successful one, and certainly not these days.

West is running for Congress now. Let him start there.

When/if he gets elected, he can try to accomplish something. It would be
nice to know what he actually is going to try and accomplish.

Amazing set up...

The same could be said for Obama and his failures.

Amazingly stupid response from you. He's ... umm... the president. He's
accomplished more than someone who might or might not get elected to
Congress just be being president.
--
Nom=de=Plume

nom=de=plume December 19th 09 03:05 AM

Our next president?

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Rob" wrote in message
nom=de=plume wrote:
wrote in message

wrote:

wrote in message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

This guy has lots of great rhetoric but has proposed nothing of
substance.

Isn't that the definition of a politician?

Not of a successful one, and certainly not these days.

West is running for Congress now. Let him start there.

When/if he gets elected, he can try to accomplish something. It would be
nice to know what he actually is going to try and accomplish.

Amazing set up...

The same could be said for Obama and his failures.

I guess you haven't been keeping up. He's created millions of jobs. He's
saved millions of homes from foreclosure. He's cut the national debt, and
has a plan to have it down to zero by the time he leaves office. Everyone
gets free health care, and by doing that, the debt will actually be
reduced until it starts saving so much money, there will be a huge surplus
that we can send to underdeveloped countries to assuage our guilt over
being so successful.

At least, that's what the nurse just told me when I woke up from a coma

Steve

I guess you haven't caught up... the economy is getting better, Iraq is
winding down, the job situation is improving. He's dealing with Gitmo.
Basically, he's attempting to fix the screwups from the previous adm.

--
Nom=de=Plume

TopBassDog December 19th 09 03:47 AM

Our next president?

On Dec 18, 12:37*pm, "nom=de=plume" wrote:
"Tim" wrote in message

On Dec 17, 12:45 pm, wrote:

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 19:33:14 -0800, "nom=de=plume"

wrote:
"Rob" wrote in message
m...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

This guy has lots of great rhetoric but has proposed nothing of
substance.

Isn't that the definition of a politician?
I think he's got jsut a good of a chance as anyone else.

but he doesn't lie enough, probably.

The better the liar, the better the politician.

Why don't you think he doesn't lie enough?

Perhaps the better liar was a better politician in the past, but it doesn't
cut it now.

--
Nom=de=Plume

You are correct. D'Plume. The executive branch of your government is
overflowing with honesty, integrity, and ethical virtue with no regard
to Kantian duty.

nom=de=plume December 19th 09 05:11 AM

Our next president?

"Tim" wrote in message

On Dec 17, 12:45 pm, wrote:

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 19:33:14 -0800, "nom=de=plume"

wrote:
"Rob" wrote in message
m...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

This guy has lots of great rhetoric but has proposed nothing of
substance.

Isn't that the definition of a politician?
I think he's got jsut a good of a chance as anyone else.

but he doesn't lie enough, probably.

The better the liar, the better the politician.

Why don't you think he doesn't lie enough?

Perhaps the better liar was a better politician in the past, but it
doesn't
cut it now.

--
Nom=de=Plume

You are correct. D'Plume. The executive branch of your government is
overflowing with honesty, integrity, and ethical virtue with no regard
to Kantian duty.

Never said that. Perhaps you need to get a reading lesson from someone.

--
Nom=de=Plume

TopBassDog December 19th 09 05:31 AM

Our next president?

"Tim" wrote in message

On Dec 17, 12:45 pm, wrote:

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 19:33:14 -0800, "nom=de=plume"

wrote:
"Rob" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Then, why didn't you say so?

nom=de=plume December 19th 09 06:14 AM

Our next president?

"Tim" wrote in message

On Dec 17, 12:45 pm, wrote:

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 19:33:14 -0800, "nom=de=plume"

wrote:
"Rob" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Say what? I said, "Perhaps the better liar was a better politician in the
past, but it doesn't cut it now."

You then said, "The executive branch...."

Would like to clarify what exactly you're trying to say? Perhaps start with
something that's not quite so lame.

--
Nom=de=Plume

TopBassDog December 19th 09 08:06 AM

Our next president?

"Tim" wrote in message

On Dec 17, 12:45 pm, wrote:

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 19:33:14 -0800, "nom=de=plume"

wrote:
"Rob" wrote in message
m...
[...]

And just whom all does your executive branch take in? OK, lets broaden
it to your legislative branch as well. Mostly the Judicial branch is
appointed so, that can't happen. I noticed you come down a bit hard
on Bush and his VP. are they not the Exec branch as well? Now wouldn't
you be one of the first to brand them liars. Absolutely you would.

You have a phrase in the states concerning finding something very
lost. "Like finding a needle in a hay-stack," If I recall. We have a
similar phrase, like "trying to find an honest man in parliament..."

Don't act so naive, D'Plume. I thought you were smarter than what you
let on.

But maybe not.

Not so lame? Then tighten up your splint.

nom=de=plume December 19th 09 06:10 PM

Our next president?

"Tim" wrote in message

On Dec 17, 12:45 pm, wrote:

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 19:33:14 -0800, "nom=de=plume"

wrote:
"Rob" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Reply: Here's the definition of the executive branch, although I'm not sure
what that has to do with either your or my original comment.

I'm still waiting for a response that clarifies your claim.

If it makes you feel better, tell me I'm just average.

http://www.vietwebdisk.com/www.usa.g...xecutive.shtml

If you like, you can view it in chart form he

http://www.cogmap.com/chart/united-states-of-america

--
Nom=de=Plume

John H[_11_] December 20th 09 02:06 AM

Our next president?

"Tim" wrote in message

On Dec 17, 12:45 pm, wrote:

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 19:33:14 -0800, "nom=de=plume"

wrote:
"Rob" wrote in message
m...
[...]

I'm beginning to think the plum just may be Loogy in disguise, and
that you may be the Tosk in disguise.

The parallels are just unreal.

And funny as hell.

Rob December 20th 09 03:04 AM

Our next president?

nom=de=plume wrote:
wrote in message

nom=de=plume wrote:

wrote in message

wrote:

wrote in message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M

Obama wouldn't stand a chance against this guy.

This guy has lots of great rhetoric but has proposed nothing of
substance.

Isn't that the definition of a politician?

Not of a successful one, and certainly not these days.

West is running for Congress now. Let him start there.

When/if he gets elected, he can try to accomplish something. It would be
nice to know what he actually is going to try and accomplish.

Amazing set up...

The same could be said for Obama and his failures.

Amazingly stupid response from you. He's ... umm... the president. He's
accomplished more than someone who might or might not get elected to
Congress just be being president.

Once again, you don't read very well. Read your post again (and replace
"and" with "to" for proper English) and get back to me.

Rob

Rob December 20th 09 03:16 AM

Our next president?

nom=de=plume wrote:
"Steve wrote in message

wrote in message

nom=de=plume wrote:

wrote in message

wrote:

wrote in message

[...]

"He's dealing with Gitmo". Now *that's* funny! Closing Gitmo was his
*first order* as the President. Almost a year later - NOTHING! This
also had *zero* to do with the previous administration. Why he gave it
an entire year is anyone's guess unless he realized there was no need
for it. In this video he has to ask his staff for clarification on
something not on the teleprompter.

He has a few weeks left...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8NJQa0pXPM