Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Boat upholstery

I am going to redo my boat interior. Mainly, carpet, seats, a little paint,
and some new trim wood. Then a bimini made out of cheap conduit and
Sunbrella, with a dingle ball fringe. Maybe some fuzzy dice if I can find a
pair on ebay.

I have a six foot bench or so. About two feet wide, just flat and square,
well, technically rectangular for the anal. I want to make a three section
hinged lid with a foam seat on top but built onto the plywood hinged part.

I have some Raven Mills Sunbrella in a nice green that would look nice with
some white trim. What does everyone use for boat upholstery? I know
naugahyde is common, and a little more supple than canvas. But I got it,
and I think it will age better than naugahyde. Besides, naugas are getting
scarce.

Other suggestions for fabric, or something softer like naugahyde?

And what about carpet? Good grades of AstroTurf seem to age quickly to me.
Am I buying them at the wrong place? (HD) Is there better carpet than
that? I can google boat carpet, but I'd like to hear some brand names from
users.

TIA

Steve