Jim -

Default Failure to find banned Iraqi arms delays inspectors' report: press

"Mark Browne" wrote in message
snip
And because they reported it, it must be true.

Sounds good to me; it does dovetail rather nicely with what I have
personally experienced when traveling in the middle east. This is in rather
sharp contrast with much of what has been said by people of the PNAC
persuasion.

Lets see, the story talks about the 1980's. Even Iraq admitted to having

WOMD in the
1990's in their reports to the UN.

So where did they go Mark?

They said they destroyed them, and so far, it seems to be the truth.

So how did Saddam earn credibility in your eyes? Was it his rape and torture chambers
or his mass killings of his own citizens?

You do
seem to think a lot of your opinion about how clueless the inspectors are.

Where did I say or infer that?

Perhaps you wish to go over to the middle east and show these stupid
inspectors how to search of the "missing" WMDs. I have a shovel, if you
want to go over and dig up the missing weapons I would be happy to borrow it
to you. Until then, the preponderance of evidence is that the weapons are
destroyed.

How do you borrow a shovel to another person Mark?

Regardless, even Hans Blix thought the WOMD existed as late as February of this year:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/02/14/sprj.irq.un/

"In their third progress report since U.N. Security Council Resolution 1441 was passed
in November, inspectors told the council they had not found any weapons of mass
destruction, but they urged Iraq to be more cooperative.

Hans Blix, executive chairman of the U.N. Monitoring, Verification and Inspection
Commission, and Mohamed ElBaradei, director general of the International Atomic Energy
Agency, said they were still investigating and had not ruled out the possibility that
Iraq does possess chemical, biological or nuclear weapons.

Blix said perhaps the most important inspection issue is determining what happened to
stores of anthrax, VX nerve agent and long-range missiles that Iraq previously was
known to have.

One document suggests that "some 1,000 tons of chemical agent were unaccounted for,"
but Baghdad has begun to provide more information that could help lead to answers, Blix
added.

He said it is Baghdad's responsibility -- "not the task of inspectors" -- to find such
evidence, he said.

He said Iraq's al-Samoud 2 model of missile exceeds the range of 93 miles (150
kilometers) allowed by U.N. resolutions. Iraqi officials have said the missile does not
yet have a guidance system, which would reduce its range.

Blix also said a small number of empty chemical munitions had been found, "which should
have been declared and destroyed."

Have you been sleeping through the last twenty or so years? I am not
normally a fan of clip and paste politics, but your question does not

merit
the work of personally answering:

Translation: I am not able to.

Harry Krause

Tim May wrote:
In article GJZ8b.442022$o%2.199341@sccrnsc02, Mark Browne
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
news

The word is, there were a large number of military and civilian
tractor trailer rigs, loaded, crossing into Seria and Iran weeks
before the war started, and returning empty. And they were heavily
guarded. Saddams bullion? WMD? No one knows, yet.

Gunner

snip
Great, now the right wing PNAC loonies are going to march the USA into
spending 180 billion a year on Syria and Iran!

And they still won't find any WMDs.

Al Qaida was never the real problem...Afghanistan was!

Whoops. Afghanista was never the real problem...Iraq was!

Whoops. Iraq was never the real problem...Iran, Syria, Pakistan, and
Jordan are the _real_ problems!

We dare not mention Saudi Arabia, as they are our most important ally
in the region. Besides, they don't let women vote or drive, they ban
Xtian and Jewish churches...they are true "compassionate
conservatives." Our kind of people. The fact that 17 of the 19
hijackers came from Saudi Arabia and _none_ came from either
Afghanistan or Iraq means nothing. The fact that three Saudi
princelings were the main money source for the hijackers means nothing.
Saudi Arabia is our friend, so we will invade and occupy their enemies.
While they laugh. And prepare for the next attack on the infidels.

--Tim May

The Saudi ruling class is without question the absolute scum of the
earth. Bankrolling terrorism is only one of that society's affronts.
There's no question it fosters and encourages hatred of the West.

Over the years, the Saudi ruling class representatives who live in
Washington, D.C., have been caught - literally - keeping house slaves in
their residences. They import ignorant and poor Muslim house servants
from third-world countries, take away their Green Cards when they arrive
here and force them to work at very low or no wages while terrorizing
them against leaving the household, even for doctor's appointments.

I've found it very telling that the Bush family has long had close ties
to the Saudi royal family, and that the current Bush president even
socializes with one of the pig Saudi princes.

And what is the Bush administration going to do about Saudi Arabia and
the Saudi ruling class?

Nothing, of course.

* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.

Gunner

wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
[...]

You do realize that all three of those princelings have died since
9/11, are you not?

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child -
Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke
Gunner

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 10:19:00 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

Jim - wrote:

"Mark Browne" wrote in message

So where did they go Mark?

Have you been sleeping throught the last twenty or so years? I am not
normally a fan of clip and paste politics, but your question does not merit
the work of personally answering:

Translation: I am not able to.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Which is why Harry posts on subjects he is underqualified to comment
on. You also are evidently prone to that.

Ok guys..the UN report in the late 1990s, stated catagoricly that Iraq
had some moderately massive amounts of WMD. Then the UN inspectors
were kicked out. So you folks are claiming that Saddam, in an act of
pure altruism, destroyed the WMD, when no one was looking. WMD that
he has spent billions on developing. There is no half life on most
Chemical agents. Biological ones, if not fed or left unfrozen, yes.

I further note that you folks are claiming that Saddam used up all the
WMD in the Iraq/Iran war, a number (10) yrs before the UN report came
out. Unless he owns a time machine and his military supply train
extends backwards in time..you have a problem with this statement. Its
at the least, to put it nicely..in error...

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child -
Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke
Doug Kanter

"Tim May" wrote in message

Al Qaida was never the real problem...Afghanistan was!

Whoops. Afghanista was never the real problem...Iraq was!

Whoops. Iraq was never the real problem...Iran, Syria, Pakistan, and
Jordan are the _real_ problems!

We're already in South Asia, as "advisors". That gets quiet mention in the
news. People who think "advisors" means "advisors" think it's fine, and go
back to jerking off to the Simpsons, a nightly ritual.

Gunner

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 15:11:03 GMT, "Mark Browne"
wrote:

They said they destroyed them, and so far, it seems to be the truth. You do
seem to think a lot of your opinion about how clueless the inspectors are.
Perhaps you wish to go over to the middle east and show these stupid
inspectors how to search of the "missing" WMDs. I have a shovel, if you
want to go over and dig up the missing weapons I would be happy to borrow it
to you. Until then, the preponderance of evidence is that the weapons are
destroyed.

Ah..Mark..there is no evidence, other than a claim by Saddam, that
they were destroyed. A paper trail. Period. And the paper trail itself
had serious holes in it, given a number of WMD that simply did not
appear in the claim, that the UN had indeed verified the Iraqis had in
their arsenal.

Gunner
"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child -
Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke
Doug Kanter

"Jim -" wrote in message

Used them - like - all up; there is nothing left to find.

Mark Browne

ROTFLMAO!!!! Hey Mark, I have some nice swamp land for you to buy.

BTW, where and when did he use them all up?

Maybe during all the incidents YOU alluded to, professor. You were there,
right?

Doug Kanter

"Jim -" wrote in message

And because they reported it, it must be true.

Idiot. Which news sources would you believe? Please provide real names of
those sources.

John Gaquin

"Mark Browne" wrote in message

Hypocrisy Seen in U.S. Stand on Iraqi Arms
Mideast: Officials say .....

Now there's a reliable source....

"Mark Browne" wrote in message news:by%

Sounds good to me; it does dovetail rather nicely with what I have
personally experienced when traveling in the middle east.

Did all your cab drivers and busboys assure you that there were no NBC
weapons?

I, too, have spent a substantial amount of time working in the mid-east,
including Irag, Iran, and Afghanistan. There is no doubt in my mind that
there has been connection between AQ and most of the countries in the
region. There is also no doubt in my mind that there will never be any
proof of same.

JG

Harry Krause

John Gaquin wrote:

"Mark Browne" wrote in message

Hypocrisy Seen in U.S. Stand on Iraqi Arms
Mideast: Officials say .....

Now there's a reliable source....

"Mark Browne" wrote in message news:by%

Sounds good to me; it does dovetail rather nicely with what I have
personally experienced when traveling in the middle east.

Did all your cab drivers and busboys assure you that there were no NBC
weapons?

I, too, have spent a substantial amount of time working in the mid-east,
including Irag, Iran, and Afghanistan. There is no doubt in my mind that
there has been connection between AQ and most of the countries in the
region. There is also no doubt in my mind that there will never be any
proof of same.

JG

Let's see...

No provable connection to the terrorist network...
No weapons of mass destruction...
No proof Iraq was involved in 9-11...
No Osama...

And we're spending hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars in Iraq that
would be far better spent in the U.S., or, even to help the truly
impoverished people of the world...

Wow...we're sure lucky we have a smirking chimp in the White House.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.