Default Whoops...

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"TJ" ""tj\"@florida,com" wrote in message
nom=de=plume wrote:
wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 14:20:39 -0400, H the K
wrote:

We are right in the middle of the insurance selection window. Lots
of
people are getting a package with something like that in it.

IBM's retiree EPO (United) went from $860 to 988 a month.
Our provider has sent out notifications that the program we've been
part of for 5 or 6 years will no longer be offered. Of course the
replacements will either curtail coverage or offer the same at an
inflated rate.

The timing couldn't be better to help folks realize that the public
option is one of the few weapons against this legal fleecing.

More and more, I am wondering why we need the health insurance company
middleman between us and our medical providers.

Seems to me that if you eliminated over time the private health
insurers, the high profits they are skimming could be put to use
providing needed care and coverage to Americans, costs would
stabilize,
and we could have serious negotiations on price with all manner of
providers.

Medical services would be cheaper if we had to actually write a check.
Insurance should really only be for catastrophic injuries and
illnesses. We should be paying out of pocket for routine maintenance.
That is the only way to cut out the middle man, whether that is the
government or the insurance companies

BTW insurance companies really don't have that high a profit margin
when compared to other, similar sized companies.

What about people who are unemployed for one reason or another?

All they need to do is claim illegal alien status for all the free
medical care they want.

I'm sure you've tried it.

--
Nom=de=Plume

Probably rejected because of his nasty unpatriotic attitude.

In article , ""tj
\"@florida,com" says...

wrote:

[...]

When I was in the hospital last week one doctor all but suggested that I
give a fake name and ss number knowing I was uninsured. He said and I
quote "everybody does it"... But no, I will be paying the 26,000 dollars
for the next twenty years because I am not a thief...

In article 53fc048f-b2af-
4915-990f-

oglegroups.com,

says...

On Oct 31, 10:50*am, TJ ""tj\"@florida,com" wrote:
nom=de=plume wrote:
.. .
wrote:

[...]

medical care they want.- Hide quoted text -

Not true.

Bull ****ing ****, see my
last post.. Oh yeah, it
doesn't fit your agenda so
I must have heard it on
Hannity, and of course I am
more of a liar then JPS,
Harry, Plume and the rest
of them put together. I am
so sick of this prejudice
narrow minded bull**** from
Obermann, and Maddow...

The doctors (real doctors
not a bunch of political
operatives with white coats
on) told me all about it
the last time I was in,
even suggested I do it
myself... Stop being so led
around by the ****ing nose,
I am not a liar and I don't
listen to Rush and Hannity,
**** this it's useless to
run around in circles
proving stuff to you only
to have you call it a lie
cause you have been told it
is by proven liars...

"Tosk" wrote in message
In article , ""tj
\"@florida,com" says...

wrote:

[...]

I hope you get well soon! Also, I hope you don't have to pay more than
necessary and you can afford it.

--
Nom=de=Plume

On 10/31/09 3:41 PM, Tosk wrote:

When I was in the hospital last week one doctor all but suggested that I
give a fake name and ss number knowing I was uninsured. He said and I
quote "everybody does it"... But no, I will be paying the 26,000 dollars
for the next twenty years because I am not a thief...

I figured you were among the uninsured. Really. But you are lying about
the doctor, of course, because reputable hospitals ask for photo IDs,
and you'd have to produce your driver's license.

"H the K" wrote in message
On 10/31/09 3:41 PM, Tosk wrote:

When I was in the hospital last week one doctor all but suggested that I
give a fake name and ss number knowing I was uninsured. He said and I
quote "everybody does it"... But no, I will be paying the 26,000 dollars
for the next twenty years because I am not a thief...

I figured you were among the uninsured. Really. But you are lying about
the doctor, of course, because reputable hospitals ask for photo IDs, and
you'd have to produce your driver's license.

Snotty was probably crying and whinning about the expense so the Doc may
have felt sorry for him.
What a dumb ass....... he should be the first one hoping and praying for
universal medical care.

RLM RLM is offline

On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 15:45:12 -0400, Tosk wrote:

[...]

Just a guess, you lost, or went without your meds.

nom=de=plume wrote:
"TJ" ""tj\"@florida,com" wrote in message
nom=de=plume wrote:
"BAR" wrote in message
. ..
In article ,
says...
wrote:

More and more, I am wondering why we need the health insurance company
middleman between us and our medical providers.

Yesterday Lou Dobbs had a panel of eminent doctors on for about half
an hour and gave their leader the reins of the show.
Their view boiled down to:
1. Standardization/computeriztion of all insurance forms.
Puts too many bueareucrats out of business at the insurance companies.

2. Everybody going to primary care and counseled on the lifestyle
changes to keep them healthy. Heavy cost up front, but long term
payoff.
What do you do about fat doctors? When I was young and was caught with
cigarettes I received a lecture from my father about the evils of
smoking, while he was somking a cigarette himself.

A fat doctor telling me to lose weight isn't going to go over too well
either.

3. Free medical school. Takes care of all doctor needs.
Nope. No way. Aint going to happen. Nothing is free. If you want your
medical school paid for you are going to have to obligate yourself to
service of some kind with the understanding that if you break the
agreement you are compelled to reimburse whomever paid for all of your
expenses related to medical school.

Or, you can work for minimum wage the rest of your life. Your choice.

4. Catastrophic care taken care of by gov insurance.
Why does the government need to be involved? Is the government going to
pay for PMI too incase you default on your mortgage?

They were confident that the nation's medical needs can be
accomplished for much less money and with better results than is
currently done. Many countries already do it.
They made a lot of sense.
But they seemed to be dedicated and ethical doctors.
They weren't pols on the take for campaign contributions.
Medical care is not a right.

Medical care is not a right, but it should be.

Are you ready to put your money where your ample mouth is. That's the
trouble with you loonie lefties. You want someone else to pay for it.

That's the trouble with assumptions made by unthinking people. I already
have put my money down. I'm willing to put more and my time.

What's your excuse?

BULL****!

H the K wrote:
On 10/31/09 3:41 PM, Tosk wrote:

When I was in the hospital last week one doctor all but suggested that I
give a fake name and ss number knowing I was uninsured. He said and I
quote "everybody does it"... But no, I will be paying the 26,000 dollars
for the next twenty years because I am not a thief...

I figured you were among the uninsured. Really. But you are lying about
the doctor, of course, because reputable hospitals ask for photo IDs,
and you'd have to produce your driver's license.

I-L-L-E-G-A-L-S GO TO THE HEAD OF THE LINE. NO ID GETS YOU SEEN QUICKER.
NO PAPERWORK TO SIFT THROUGH. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, dummy.

Whoops! John H.[_9_] General 5 September 8th 09 12:00 AM
Whoops jps General 1 August 8th 09 08:46 AM
FWIW!! Whoops! John H[_8_] General 39 January 30th 09 12:27 PM
Whoops hk General 4 August 16th 08 05:21 PM
Whoops...we bomb more civilians. Tuuk General 28 January 14th 05 12:07 PM