Default U.S. again most admired country globally

U.S. most admired country globally: survey
By Patricia Reaney Patricia Reaney
Mon Oct 5, 2:40 pm ET

NEW YORK (Reuters Life!) – The United States is the most admired country
globally thanks largely to the star power of President Barack Obama and
his administration, according to a new poll.

It climbed from seventh place last year, ahead of France, Germany, the
United Kingdom and Japan which completed the top five nations in the
Nation Brand Index (NBI).

"What's really remarkable is that in all my years studying national
reputation, I have never seen any country experience such a dramatic
change in its standing as we see for the United States for 2009," said
Simon Anholt, the founder of NBI, which measured the global image of 50
countries each year.

He believes that during the previous administration of George W. Bush
the United States suffered in the world ranking with its unpopular
foreign policies but since Obama was elected, and despite the recent
economic turmoil, the country's status has risen globally.

"There is no other explanation," Anholt said in an interview, referring
to the impact of Obama.

The global survey, conducted by GFK Roper Public Affairs & Media,
involved 20,000 people in 20 rich and developing countries around the
globe. They were asked to rate 50 nations in categories such as culture,
governance, people, exports, tourism, landscape and education.

Canada took the biggest hit in the latest survey, falling to seventh
from fourth place, while China climbed several spots to 22nd, which
Anholt believes in due in part to the successful staging of the Olympics.

China has always scored low on human rights and environmental policies
but high on cultural heritage.

"It is the first time China's profile has risen," said Anholt, who has
been doing the annual poll since 2005.

"Since the Olympics its score for tourism and its people has risen and
that has helped to stem its decline," Anholt explained.

Italy maintained the sixth spot in the survey for the second year, while
Switzerland came in eight, followed by Australia in 9th place and Spain
and Sweden, which tied for 10th place.

At the opposite end of the survey Colombia and Kenya tied for 47th
place. Angola was number 49 and Iran came in last at number 50.
--
Birther-Deather-Tenther-Teabagger:
Idiots All

On Oct 5, 8:57*pm, H the K wrote:
[...]

“Very few of the few posts I post initiate political crap!”

On Oct 5, 10:00*pm, GC Boater wrote:
On Oct 5, 8:57*pm, H the K wrote:

[...]

Meanwhile, back in the real world, due to that magnificent "Star
Power", 10% of Americans are out of work and cannot afford a cup of
coffee. WAY TO GO BIG O, Let's go for 20%. YES WE CAN.
jps jps is offline

On Mon, 05 Oct 2009 21:57:19 -0400, H the K
wrote:

U.S. most admired country globally: survey
By Patricia Reaney Patricia Reaney
Mon Oct 5, 2:40 pm ET

NEW YORK (Reuters Life!) – The United States is the most admired country
globally thanks largely to the star power of President Barack Obama and
his administration, according to a new poll.

Obama has nothing to do with it!!! GW Bush had the country on track
for a recovery just like he initiated the bank and wall street
bailout. I'm tired of this Obama getting all the credit.

"Frogwatch" wrote in message
Meanwhile, back in the real world, due to that magnificent "Star
Power", 10% of Americans are out of work and cannot afford a cup of
coffee. WAY TO GO BIG O, Let's go for 20%. YES WE CAN.

Hey Froggy... the number of jobs lost every month is dropping just about
every month. Just about everyone is saying that it'll take a while to turn
around...

http://www.marketobservation.com/blo..._early?blog=10

--
Nom=de=Plume

"nom=de=plume" wrote in message
"Frogwatch" wrote in message
Meanwhile, back in the real world, due to that magnificent "Star
Power", 10% of Americans are out of work and cannot afford a cup of
coffee. WAY TO GO BIG O, Let's go for 20%. YES WE CAN.

Hey Froggy... the number of jobs lost every month is dropping just about
every month. Just about everyone is saying that it'll take a while to turn
around...

http://www.marketobservation.com/blo..._early?blog=10

--
Nom=de=Plume

When you got 20%+ real unemployment, of course the numbers will be dropping
for new claims.

Jim Jim is offline

GC Boater wrote:
On Oct 5, 8:57 pm, H the K wrote:
[...]

Political or not, It's still Krause crap.

On Oct 5, 8:57*pm, H the K wrote:

[...]

the bureau of labor statistics states the recession began in december
of 2007.

at that time the president of the united states was named 'george
bush'.

wrote:
U.S. most admired country globally: survey
By Patricia Reaney Patricia Reaney
Mon Oct 5, 2:40 pm ET

NEW YORK (Reuters Life!) – The United States is the most admired country
globally thanks largely to the star power of President Barack Obama and
his administration, according to a new poll.

Obama has nothing to do with it!!! *GW Bush had the country on track
for a recovery just like he initiated the bank and wall street
bailout. *I'm tired of this Obama getting all the credit.

partially true. bush discussed some plans but obama engineered the
TARP money and re-appointed bernanke to keep continuity in recovery
policies. bush started the recession in 2007. obama is ending it.

wrote:

U.S. most admired country globally: survey
By Patricia Reaney Patricia Reaney
Mon Oct 5, 2:40 pm ET

NEW YORK (Reuters Life!) – The United States is the most admired country
globally thanks largely to the star power of President Barack Obama and
his administration, according to a new poll.

Obama has nothing to do with it!!! GW Bush had the country on track
for a recovery just like he initiated the bank and wall street
bailout. I'm tired of this Obama getting all the credit.

Remember obama's statement. This is a greatest county in the world, but
we need to change it. i.e tear it down.

Fw: THE COUNTRY of TEXOARKLA Lu Powell[_8_] General 11 August 28th 09 05:12 AM
Character of a country Mike[_9_] ASA 1 July 9th 08 03:25 AM
ETEC country Don White General 0 October 30th 07 11:20 PM
Don't Be Taken In AGAIN....It's Our Country Ted General 1 June 15th 07 03:08 PM
By God what an UGLY country Michael ASA 28 July 9th 04 10:27 PM