Default I remember the days when....

In article 2c26775a-1294-43ae-bec4-efd521d23540
@e34g2000vbm.googlegroups.com, says...

On Sep 16, 8:40*pm, Scott Dickson wrote:
On Sep 16, 8:12*pm, Tim wrote:

On Sep 16, 5:28*pm, Wayne.B wrote:

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 11:01:29 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

This was a really cool place to hage out and discuss fisshing,
boating, new boat products, mechanical tips, marine electronics,
lakes, rivers and boating experiences in general.

There was no "dope army" no "pink army", no "neo-cons" no "libs", no
Bush, No Obama. No poking, gouging, backstabbing or back biting and
one-up-manship.

Seems like people who really wanted to discuss such matters in
rec.boats were plentiful and all was good with no disdain, calousness,
resentments, or rudeness.

This place used to be a boating group with no political hacking.

What happened?

It seem in the last five eyars or so, this board hs gone from a true
boating/marine *community to a political bilge sump.

What happened?

Like Lennon said "Maybe I'm a dreamer" but it would be nice if folks
would calm down and return the forum to it's origional intent, which
was evidently to discuss boating issues without all the political
harrassment.

Can it be done?

I doubt it, that is unless others want it to.

So... I am not set up with filters, but I do know how to ignore. If
one can't do that then they need to use filters to block out people
that make posts simply to make others feel uneasy or cause unrest.

Can it be done? Sure!

But not if everyone likes it the way it is. And if that's got to be
then perhaps some of us should look for other *forums where boaters
can get along..

What do you all say? *Can we clean up the play ground?

Nice try, let's hope you enjoy some success. *

Unfortunately once people give up on the group they tend to not come
back.- Hide quoted text -

That's what I fear, Wayne. Tom is taking a break. Richard's gone.
Chuck is gone, Loog's taking off, as well as several others in the
past.

Even though I really have no interest, there was one lady who kindly
popped in here for a bit to talk about river paddling events, which
would have been boating related at the very least, but she didn't feel
welcome and left. Why? If I remember correctly it was because of all
the poltical muse.

So, can the group return to a boating forum? It's not up to me....

That's what I fear, Wayne. Tom is taking a break. Richard's gone.
Chuck is gone, Loog's taking off, as well as several others in the
past.

Gee, I guess you better create another "top-secret" forum that they
can all go talk about off-topic **** like before.....
Then you'll ALL be one happy Dope Army.

What did I do to you? Have I personally offended you in any way?

if so, I apologize.

Pffffttt... It's slammer.

--
Wafa free since 2009