jps jps is offline

Default South Carolina continues to **** into the wind

Is there something in the water down there? If so, it's toxic.

Workers at a South Carolina Boeing Co. plant have voted against
continued representation by a union as the company considers the site
for a second assembly line for its new 787 wide-body jetliner. Workers
there voted 199-68 against union representation.

Oh well, whatever it takes to compete with the rush to the bottom.
Glad it's happening in SC and not my state.

"jps" wrote in message

Is there something in the water down there? If so, it's toxic.

Workers at a South Carolina Boeing Co. plant have voted against
continued representation by a union as the company considers the site
for a second assembly line for its new 787 wide-body jetliner. Workers
there voted 199-68 against union representation.

Oh well, whatever it takes to compete with the rush to the bottom.
Glad it's happening in SC and not my state.

I thought unions were evil, taking over the world, and couldn't be stopped.
Gosh, was I wrong!

--
Nom=de=Plume

wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:17:44 -0700, jps wrote:

Is there something in the water down there? If so, it's toxic.

Workers at a South Carolina Boeing Co. plant have voted against
continued representation by a union as the company considers the site
for a second assembly line for its new 787 wide-body jetliner. Workers
there voted 199-68 against union representation.

Oh well, whatever it takes to compete with the rush to the bottom.
Glad it's happening in SC and not my state.

The probably think that if the union comes in, the plant will not be
profitable and it will be shipped to Mexico.

The union is already there. It's a decertification. I think you're right,
though it's doubtful that'll prevent it from leaving.

--
Nom=de=Plume

Jim Jim is offline

nom=de=plume wrote:
"jps" wrote in message
Is there something in the water down there? If so, it's toxic.

Workers at a South Carolina Boeing Co. plant have voted against
continued representation by a union as the company considers the site
for a second assembly line for its new 787 wide-body jetliner. Workers
there voted 199-68 against union representation.

Oh well, whatever it takes to compete with the rush to the bottom.
Glad it's happening in SC and not my state.

I thought unions were evil, taking over the world, and couldn't be stopped.
Gosh, was I wrong!

You were right about the evil part.

jps wrote:
Is there something in the water down there? If so, it's toxic.

Workers at a South Carolina Boeing Co. plant have voted against
continued representation by a union as the company considers the site
for a second assembly line for its new 787 wide-body jetliner. Workers
there voted 199-68 against union representation.

Oh well, whatever it takes to compete with the rush to the bottom.
Glad it's happening in SC and not my state.

They'd offer up their wives and daughters, too, if they thought it would
help sway the corporate royalty.

--
Birther-Deather-Tenther-Teabagger:
Idiots All

"Jim" wrote in message
nom=de=plume wrote:
"jps" wrote in message
Is there something in the water down there? If so, it's toxic.

Workers at a South Carolina Boeing Co. plant have voted against
continued representation by a union as the company considers the site
for a second assembly line for its new 787 wide-body jetliner. Workers
there voted 199-68 against union representation.

Oh well, whatever it takes to compete with the rush to the bottom.
Glad it's happening in SC and not my state.

I thought unions were evil, taking over the world, and couldn't be
stopped. Gosh, was I wrong!

You were right about the evil part.

When they are poised to take over the world, let me know! lol

--
Nom=de=Plume