BoatBanter.com

-   -   South Carolina continues to piss into the wind (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/109736-south-carolina-continues-piss-into-wind.html)

jps September 11th 09 04:17 AM

South Carolina continues to piss into the wind

Is there something in the water down there? If so, it's toxic.

Workers at a South Carolina Boeing Co. plant have voted against
continued representation by a union as the company considers the site
for a second assembly line for its new 787 wide-body jetliner. Workers
there voted 199-68 against union representation.

Oh well, whatever it takes to compete with the rush to the bottom.
Glad it's happening in SC and not my state.

nom=de=plume September 11th 09 04:40 AM

"jps" wrote in message

Is there something in the water down there? If so, it's toxic.

Workers at a South Carolina Boeing Co. plant have voted against
continued representation by a union as the company considers the site
for a second assembly line for its new 787 wide-body jetliner. Workers
there voted 199-68 against union representation.

Oh well, whatever it takes to compete with the rush to the bottom.
Glad it's happening in SC and not my state.

I thought unions were evil, taking over the world, and couldn't be stopped.
Gosh, was I wrong!

--
Nom=de=Plume

JustWait September 11th 09 04:52 AM

South Carolina continues to piss into the wind

In article ,
says...

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:17:44 -0700, jps wrote:

Is there something in the water down there? If so, it's toxic.

Workers at a South Carolina Boeing Co. plant have voted against
continued representation by a union as the company considers the site
for a second assembly line for its new 787 wide-body jetliner. Workers
there voted 199-68 against union representation.

Oh well, whatever it takes to compete with the rush to the bottom.
Glad it's happening in SC and not my state.

The probably think that if the union comes in, the plant will not be
profitable and it will be shipped to Mexico.

I think with the chaos in Washington, many of the DNC political arms
like ACORN, Unions, MSNBC are being seen for what they really are... I
think Obama is a gift from God to show thoughtful Americans what could
happen if we continue down the road we are on...

--
Wafa free since 2009

nom=de=plume September 11th 09 06:45 AM

wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:17:44 -0700, jps wrote:

Is there something in the water down there? If so, it's toxic.

Workers at a South Carolina Boeing Co. plant have voted against
continued representation by a union as the company considers the site
for a second assembly line for its new 787 wide-body jetliner. Workers
there voted 199-68 against union representation.

Oh well, whatever it takes to compete with the rush to the bottom.
Glad it's happening in SC and not my state.

The probably think that if the union comes in, the plant will not be
profitable and it will be shipped to Mexico.

The union is already there. It's a decertification. I think you're right,
though it's doubtful that'll prevent it from leaving.

--
Nom=de=Plume

jps September 11th 09 07:40 AM

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 23:41:24 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:17:44 -0700, jps wrote:

Is there something in the water down there? If so, it's toxic.

Workers at a South Carolina Boeing Co. plant have voted against
continued representation by a union as the company considers the site
for a second assembly line for its new 787 wide-body jetliner. Workers
there voted 199-68 against union representation.

Oh well, whatever it takes to compete with the rush to the bottom.
Glad it's happening in SC and not my state.

The probably think that if the union comes in, the plant will not be
profitable and it will be shipped to Mexico.

Yes, really looking forward to Hecho in Mexico stamped on my 787.

I'm sure the airline's buyers would be impressed too.

Jim September 11th 09 10:43 AM

nom=de=plume wrote:
"jps" wrote in message
Is there something in the water down there? If so, it's toxic.

Workers at a South Carolina Boeing Co. plant have voted against
continued representation by a union as the company considers the site
for a second assembly line for its new 787 wide-body jetliner. Workers
there voted 199-68 against union representation.

Oh well, whatever it takes to compete with the rush to the bottom.
Glad it's happening in SC and not my state.

I thought unions were evil, taking over the world, and couldn't be stopped.
Gosh, was I wrong!

You were right about the evil part.

H the K[_2_] September 11th 09 11:24 AM

jps wrote:
Is there something in the water down there? If so, it's toxic.

Workers at a South Carolina Boeing Co. plant have voted against
continued representation by a union as the company considers the site
for a second assembly line for its new 787 wide-body jetliner. Workers
there voted 199-68 against union representation.

Oh well, whatever it takes to compete with the rush to the bottom.
Glad it's happening in SC and not my state.

They'd offer up their wives and daughters, too, if they thought it would
help sway the corporate royalty.

--
Birther-Deather-Tenther-Teabagger:
Idiots All

H the K[_2_] September 11th 09 11:25 AM

wrote:
On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:17:44 -0700, jps wrote:

Is there something in the water down there? If so, it's toxic.

Workers at a South Carolina Boeing Co. plant have voted against
continued representation by a union as the company considers the site
for a second assembly line for its new 787 wide-body jetliner. Workers
there voted 199-68 against union representation.

Oh well, whatever it takes to compete with the rush to the bottom.
Glad it's happening in SC and not my state.

The probably think that if the union comes in, the plant will not be
profitable and it will be shipped to Mexico.

Naw. Pay rates are too high in Mexico. Think...cheaper, more exploitable
workforce.

H the K[_2_] September 11th 09 11:25 AM

JustWait wrote:
[...]

The chaos in Washington?
What chaos, ****-for-brains?

nom=de=plume September 11th 09 07:39 PM

"Jim" wrote in message
nom=de=plume wrote:
"jps" wrote in message
Is there something in the water down there? If so, it's toxic.

Workers at a South Carolina Boeing Co. plant have voted against
continued representation by a union as the company considers the site
for a second assembly line for its new 787 wide-body jetliner. Workers
there voted 199-68 against union representation.

Oh well, whatever it takes to compete with the rush to the bottom.
Glad it's happening in SC and not my state.

I thought unions were evil, taking over the world, and couldn't be
stopped. Gosh, was I wrong!

You were right about the evil part.

When they are poised to take over the world, let me know! lol

--
Nom=de=Plume