Tim Tim is offline

Default HA! AOL is still trying to hawk McAffee...

I think this is abotut he third or fourth notification/warning thatmy
McAffee through AOL was going to expire .

Honestly, I don't know why they haven't tanked a long time ago.

Dear bschnautz,

The software license for your McAfee® VirusScan® Plus - Special
edition from AOL will expire next month. Once your current license
expires, your PC may be at risk. To help you stay protected, we have
partnered with McAfee to offer you our premium security software at a
43% discount off the normal retail price.

McAfee® Internet Security Suite - Special edition from AOL provides
our highest level of protection, with additional safeguards not
included in your current version of VirusScan Plus:

* Faster start-up, shut-down, and scan times allow you to play
games, watch videos, and be productive on your computer without your
security software slowing you down
* Identity-theft protection helps you shop, bank, and trade stocks
online safely
* Network monitoring alerts you when intruders attempt to connect
to your home network

Plus, the newly released McAfee 2009 changes the game on how threats
are identified. McAfee’s Active Protection technology can analyze and
block a new threat in seconds, rather than waiting hours for updates
like other computer security programs. This is important because a
previously unknown virus can attack through a Web site, e-mail or
instant message as soon as you connect to the Internet.

Every month as many as 5,000 new online threats are discovered. With
that number growing at an alarming rate, you cannot afford to be
without comprehensive PC protection. Upgrade now to take advantage of
AOL's special offer -- doing so will help avoid a lapse in your
computer’s protection and provide additional peace of mind.

Sincerely,

AOL Member Services

©2009 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved. AOL and the AOL Triangle Logo are
registered trademarks of AOL LLC. All other trademarks and/or
registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Tim wrote:
I think this is abotut he third or fourth notification/warning thatmy
McAffee through AOL was going to expire .

Honestly, I don't know why they haven't tanked a long time ago.

Dear bschnautz,

The software license for your McAfee® VirusScan® Plus - Special
edition from AOL will expire next month. Once your current license
expires, your PC may be at risk. To help you stay protected, we have
partnered with McAfee to offer you our premium security software at a
43% discount off the normal retail price.

Take those trashy old PC's out to the curb on pick-up day and buy
yourself a Mac.
Tim Tim is offline

On Aug 31, 7:30*am, H the K wrote:
Tim wrote:
I think this is abotut he third or fourth notification/warning thatmy
McAffee through AOL was going to expire .

Honestly, I don't know why they haven't tanked a long time ago.

Dear bschnautz,

The software license for your McAfee® VirusScan® Plus - Special
edition from AOL will expire next month. Once your current license
expires, your PC may be at risk. To help you stay protected, we have
partnered with McAfee to offer you our premium security software at a
43% discount off the normal retail price.

Take those trashy old PC's out to the curb on pick-up day and buy
yourself a Mac.

Well, i can make my way around a PC and their paid for. so...

why?

Tim wrote:
On Aug 31, 7:30 am, H the K wrote:
Tim wrote:
I think this is abotut he third or fourth notification/warning thatmy
McAffee through AOL was going to expire .
Honestly, I don't know why they haven't tanked a long time ago.
Dear bschnautz,
The software license for your McAfee® VirusScan® Plus - Special
edition from AOL will expire next month. Once your current license
expires, your PC may be at risk. To help you stay protected, we have
partnered with McAfee to offer you our premium security software at a
43% discount off the normal retail price.

Take those trashy old PC's out to the curb on pick-up day and buy
yourself a Mac.

Well, i can make my way around a PC and their paid for. so...

why?

Mac is okay if you don't need or use much software! I wouldn't own one,
personally, unless all I needed to do on it is write email and spend all
my time in a newsgroup!
H K H K is offline

Tim wrote:
On Aug 31, 7:30 am, H the K wrote:
Tim wrote:
I think this is abotut he third or fourth notification/warning thatmy
McAffee through AOL was going to expire .
Honestly, I don't know why they haven't tanked a long time ago.
Dear bschnautz,
The software license for your McAfee® VirusScan® Plus - Special
edition from AOL will expire next month. Once your current license
expires, your PC may be at risk. To help you stay protected, we have
partnered with McAfee to offer you our premium security software at a
43% discount off the normal retail price.

Take those trashy old PC's out to the curb on pick-up day and buy
yourself a Mac.

Well, i can make my way around a PC and their paid for. so...

why?

Well, if all you are doing is reading newsgroups, I guess it doesn't
matter. I've found that several of the software packages I used on my PC
seem to work better on a Mac. I'm down to one PC program that hasn't
been recompiled to work on a Mac, so I still "boot camp" into PC mode
when I want to use that software.

Virii, btw, aren't much of a problem on Macs...

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 11:00:17 -0400, H K wrote:

Well, if all you are doing is reading newsgroups, I guess it doesn't
matter. I've found that several of the software packages I used on my PC
seem to work better on a Mac. I'm down to one PC program that hasn't
been recompiled to work on a Mac, so I still "boot camp" into PC mode
when I want to use that software.

Hell, if it's just one program, why dual boot? You could just run
Windows virtual. There's Parallels, or even VirtualBox will run on a
intel Mac.

http://www.virtualbox.org/

thunder wrote:
On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 11:00:17 -0400, H K wrote:

Well, if all you are doing is reading newsgroups, I guess it doesn't
matter. I've found that several of the software packages I used on my PC
seem to work better on a Mac. I'm down to one PC program that hasn't
been recompiled to work on a Mac, so I still "boot camp" into PC mode
when I want to use that software.

Hell, if it's just one program, why dual boot? You could just run
Windows virtual. There's Parallels, or even VirtualBox will run on a
intel Mac.

http://www.virtualbox.org/

I've got VM's product, which I used to use. Tried a demo of parallels
about a year ago and didn't like it much. I don't use the Windoze
program that often.

Hawk Channel [email protected] Cruising 2 July 19th 09 07:38 PM
Kitty Hawk Joe Cruising 6 January 10th 09 06:02 PM
Hawk 25- Narragansett RI Oct 2008 Paul McGrane Tall Ship Photos 0 December 19th 08 05:37 PM
USS Kitty Hawk on her way to breakers at Bremerton 09-02-08 "USS Kitty Hawk 2_resize.jpg" yEnc (1/1) Anaemic Stone Tall Ship Photos 6 September 7th 08 07:40 PM
USS Kitty Hawk on her way to breakers at Bremerton 09-02-08 "USS Kitty Hawk 1_resize.JPG" yEnc (1/1) Anaemic Stone Tall Ship Photos 0 September 2nd 08 11:26 PM