Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Sad news

Went to the marina yesterday for the sea trial of my boat and learned of the
passing of the young man I have posted about in the past who was fighting a
rare form of adult leukemia.

Some of you may recall the posts I made a while back about him and his Dad
both who work(ed) at the marina. I have tremendous respect for both of
them, as decent people and as extremely knowledgeable persons of boats,
boating systems and of their seamanship skills. They both were and are
willing to give the shirts off their backs to help people with any problems
or issues regarding boating.

A few of you were very thoughtful and made unsolicited contributions to a
fund raiser Mrs.E and I participated in, held for his benefit while he was
going through treatments for his cancer. He wasn't a wealthy individual,
had a young family that he was raising and the fund raiser generated money
to help get them through a very difficult period of time.

To those who made the thoughtful and caring contributions, I thank you on
behalf of his family. It meant a lot to them. You know who you are.

For a while it looked like the treatments he was receiving were working and
he might beat the disease.
He fought hard, going through endless painful and tiring procedures, but in
the end the leukemia became unresponsive to conventional and experimental
treatments.

It was sad, but I just wanted to thank those who were compassionate and
thoughtful of his story and situation again.

Eisboch