Tim Tim is offline

Default 'All those prayers, God heard them and he answered them'

So said Jean Theoret while recovering after his race boat flipped and
he was drowning.

http://madisoncourier.com/main.asp?S...icleID=5 1759

"However, Theoret also believes there were other powers at work in his
ability to survive the crash - a higher being. As a man of sincere
faith and devotion to God, Theoret believes the power of prayer also
played a huge role in his fate."

hmm, "Christian Fundies" race boats too?

Tim wrote:
So said Jean Theoret while recovering after his race boat flipped and
he was drowning.

http://madisoncourier.com/main.asp?S...icleID=5 1759

"However, Theoret also believes there were other powers at work in his
ability to survive the crash - a higher being. As a man of sincere
faith and devotion to God, Theoret believes the power of prayer also
played a huge role in his fate."

hmm, "Christian Fundies" race boats too?

It's amazing how much respect racers seem to have. Folks who live on the
edge seem to be that way. At every race, there is a riders meeting
before the day starts, every meeting ends with a prayer which everyone
in the crowd seems to respect, bowing their heads and ending with an
Amen. I know they all are not believers, but just tolerant. At the same
time, it does seem to be a very republican crowd (still have not met a
hard liberal there, most admittedly are republicans in their big ass
motorhomes) so tolerance and discretion is the rule...

What gets me sometimes is folks who won't tolerate others beliefs and
would even sue someone to keep us from having that small moment before
we go out and risk life and limb. I mean, even if you don't believe,
what if you are wrong? Would it hurt to bow your head and say amen, sort
of hedge your bet? I don't think so...

Now, if you live your life in a small bubble with everything handed to
you like someone who must going nuts on this thread, making your living
off the backs of good hard working men.... ah, but who cares, I don't
see it (pink army posts) anyway?

Rowdy Mouse Racing, wafa free since 2009!

JustWait wrote:
Tim wrote:
[...]

It damned sure is nice being WAFA free!

NotNow wrote:
JustWait wrote:
Tim wrote:
[...]

I hope you two are looking at your kill filter logs every few hours so
you can see what is going on?

LOL, I know you really are not, only a real idiot would bother to set
up a filter, and then review it to see who on his filter is posting.

--
Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq.

This Newsgroup post is a natural product. The slight variations in
spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in
no way are to be considered flaws or defects

Just Regigie wrote:
NotNow wrote:
JustWait wrote:
Tim wrote:
[...]

Not, not even interested but I imagine it must be somewhat comical... I
must admit, I clicked over to google a couple of days back and saw two
posts. One said something like "two idiots" and the other refered to
"retards". Nothing new, nothing interesting. It really is much better
without them and no, I don't keep or review logs...

Just Regigie wrote:
NotNow wrote:
JustWait wrote:
Tim wrote:
[...]

You can easily have the filter NOT log the posts that it stopped. I
guess Harry doesn't know that, because he complains like a baby that he
has to go in and clean it up!!!
HK HK is offline

Tim wrote:
So said Jean Theoret while recovering after his race boat flipped and
he was drowning.

http://madisoncourier.com/main.asp?S...icleID=5 1759

"However, Theoret also believes there were other powers at work in his
ability to survive the crash - a higher being. As a man of sincere
faith and devotion to God, Theoret believes the power of prayer also
played a huge role in his fate."

hmm, "Christian Fundies" race boats too?

I didn't see anything in the news article that indicates he is a
Christian fundie. Surely you don't believe "sincere faith and devotion
to god" is limited to Christian fundies?

More significant, people are entitled to believe whatever they want or
whatever they are taught. Many times, though, that creates problems for
others. Galileo Galilei spent the last 10 years of his life under house
arrest because he wouldn't stop speaking out and publishing in favor of
heliocentrism. Those of "sincere faith and devotion to god" imprisoned him.

Just the other day a religious fundie who apparently sits on a country
board stated several times at a public meeting that the earth was 6,000
years old. I don't believe that people who hold such views and proclaim
them publicly have any business holding jobs or appointments of public
trust.

I wonder how many actual, real, practicing scientists share that view?

Sailor's Prayers Noah's Dove Cruising 15 August 22nd 07 03:08 AM
Sailor's Prayers Noah's Dove ASA 7 August 13th 07 03:14 PM
Sailor's Prayers Noah's Dove General 0 August 12th 07 04:43 PM
Prayers for Ganz Bob Crantz ASA 8 June 9th 04 12:19 PM
FATHER NEEDS YOUR PRAYERS! CatherinesTea Cruising 2 August 3rd 03 05:24 AM