HK HK is offline

Default More fun with Sarah

Palin Hit With Another Ethics Complaint

In the wake of Governor Palin stepping down from her job, new
allegations have surfaced today in Alaska charging Palin with additional
violations of the Alaska Executive Ethics Act.

Zane Henning -- a conservative government watchdog from the governor's
hometown of Wasilla and an oilfield worker on Alaska's North Slope --
asserts in a letter to Alaska Attorney General Daniel S. Sullivan that
Palin has "been charging and pocketing per diem to live in her home and
has used the process for a personal gain since being elected."

In a detailed press release accompanying the charges, Henning declared that:

Palin's use of the per diem is in direct conflict with Section
39.52.120. (a) of the Alaska Executive Ethics Act....More than a
thousand state employees commute from the Mat-Su Valley daily and none
of them get to pocket free money.

Henning noted that "the State of Alaska provides housing in Juneau for
the Governor."

If she chooses not to live there, Alaskans should not have to pay
for it. I am requesting that you and the Personnel Board direct Governor
Sarah Palin to reimburse the State of Alaska all per diem funds, plus
interest, and a fine that are related to charges while staying in her
Wasilla residence.

Henning further argued that Alaska Statute 39.20.010 sets an "annual
salary for the governor of $125,000."

Sarah Palin has collected more than the amount established by law
by cashing in her per diem checks. Alaska Statute 39.20.050 (Exclusive
Compensation) states that the compensation fixed by law for the governor
and lieutenant governor is in full for all services rendered by each of
them in any official capacity or employment whatsoever during their
respective terms of office. Per diem is therefore any added expenses
incurred while in travel status, not when living in your own home.

According to Henning:

State travel regulations say that per diem can't be claimed when
travel is less than 50 miles from a state employee's workplace. The IRS
and state finance officer have already determined that the per diem is
considered income. The governor's workplace in Anchorage is only a
45-mile commute from her Wasilla home.

In February, Palin was required to pay back income taxes on thousands of
dollars in expense money she received while living at her home
overlooking Lake Lucille in Wasilla. Little more than two weeks ago she
was forced to pay back the State of Alaska more than $8,100.00 for nine
trips taken by her children that she had improperly charged as being
part of official state business.

Henning contends the per diem is another way for the Alaska governor to
line her pockets at the state's expense:

As a Wasilla resident I know that thousands of valley residents
commute into Anchorage for work every day. They don't receive checks
from their employers for sleeping at home. Governor Palin does. And it's
wrong, not to mention unethical, for her to even submit these per diem
claims. To me, this is a roundabout way for Palin to give herself a raise.

"The Governor is quitting her job," said Henning, "and now more than
ever the State of Alaska, along with its residents, need to be
reimbursed for the per diem charges, including interest and a
fine...[i]t is up to private citizens, like myself, to hold our Governor
accountable."

Huff Post

"HK" wrote in message
m...

Palin Hit With Another Ethics Complaint

Yawn.

When will they stop? Batting average isn't very good.
Even the FBI acknowledged that one of the allegations
that may have violated a Federal statute was meaningless
and without merit.

And people wonder why she quit. She should have stood at the
microphone, looked straight at the camera and given the media a one finger
salute.

Eisboch

jps jps is offline

On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 22:11:42 -0400, "Eisboch"
wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
om...

Palin Hit With Another Ethics Complaint

Yawn.

When will they stop? Batting average isn't very good.
Even the FBI acknowledged that one of the allegations
that may have violated a Federal statute was meaningless
and without merit.

And people wonder why she quit. She should have stood at the
microphone, looked straight at the camera and given the media a one finger
salute.

Eisboch

"The Media." Right. As if she didn't bring any of this on herself.

So much for "personal responsibility."

wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
news:uJKdnfxCzo7GNs_XnZ2dnUVZ_iydnZ2d@earthlink. com...

Palin Hit With Another Ethics Complaint

Yawn.

When will they stop? Batting average isn't very good.
Even the FBI acknowledged that one of the allegations
that may have violated a Federal statute was meaningless
and without merit.

And people wonder why she quit. She should have stood at the
microphone, looked straight at the camera and given the media a one finger
salute.

Eisboch

"The Media." Right. As if she didn't bring any of this on herself.

So much for "personal responsibility."

Given some of your posts of late, I don't consider you to be much of an
expert on "personal responsibility". Screaming at a TV set in a fit of
rage , using acute profanity in front of your kids and then bragging about
here it isn't my kind of adult personal responsibilty.

A thought while you are furiously typing your response .....

tough ****.

Eisboch

On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 22:31:27 -0400, "Eisboch"
wrote:

Given some of your posts of late, I don't consider you to be much of an
expert on "personal responsibility". Screaming at a TV set in a fit of
rage , using acute profanity in front of your kids and then bragging about
here it isn't my kind of adult personal responsibilty.

Yeah, but it can be fun.
Don't ask how I know.
Now I always have to chastise one of my kids for using the F word too
much. Payback is a bitch.

--Vic

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
m...

Palin Hit With Another Ethics Complaint

Yawn.

When will they stop? Batting average isn't very good.
Even the FBI acknowledged that one of the allegations
that may have violated a Federal statute was meaningless
and without merit.

And people wonder why she quit. She should have stood at the
microphone, looked straight at the camera and given the media a one finger
salute.

Eisboch

Thhat's right...people wonder why she quit.

On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 22:31:27 -0400, "Eisboch"
wrote:

tough ****.

Eisboch

That will be enough out of you young man.

Go wash your mouth out with soap. :)
jps jps is offline

On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 22:31:27 -0400, "Eisboch"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
[...]

I suppose you never swore in front of your children. Nor did you ever
yell at the television.

You're just the picture of personal responsiblity, Dick.
jps jps is offline

On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 22:31:27 -0400, "Eisboch"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
[...]

Her talk was an exercise in illogical excuse making and you're willing
to give her a pass because it was the media's fault she quit.

That's your idea of personal responsibility?

Blame it on the media? Weak.

wrote:

tough ****.

Eisboch

That will be enough out of you young man.

Go wash your mouth out with soap. :)

But he was talking to the girly men of the Pink Army!

Sarah Got a Gun... HK General 86 July 11th 12 02:23 PM
Some Sarah! Boater General 7 October 23rd 08 02:05 AM
Why is Sarah Palin in... JohnH[_3_] General 0 October 19th 08 01:38 PM
Fun with Sarah hk General 0 September 6th 08 03:23 PM
something about Sarah [email protected] General 13 September 4th 08 01:24 PM