Default Two Men Cross Atlantic in 22' Boat!

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 10:14:58 -0700 (PDT), Loogypicker
wrote:

If you don't report it, you are an accesory to the crime.

Wrong. There is such a thing as misprison of a felony, which applies
under some circumstances, but I am not a lawyer.

Casady

wrote:
If you don't report it, you are an accesory to the crime.

Wrong. There is such a thing as misprison of a felony, which applies
under some circumstances, but I am not a lawyer.

Casady

Well, I can tell you that it was an attorney that said such.......in
Georgia anyway.
It is called Duty to Act.
HK HK is offline

wrote:

If you don't report it, you are an accesory to the crime.

Wrong. There is such a thing as misprison of a felony, which applies
under some circumstances, but I am not a lawyer.

Casady

Did loogy commit another felony? Details?

wrote:

If you don't report it, you are an accesory to the crime.

Wrong. There is such a thing as misprison of a felony, which applies
under some circumstances, but I am not a lawyer.

Casady

Did loogy commit another felony? Details?

"Another" felony? What was the first one, asshole?

wrote:

If you don't report it, you are an accesory to the crime.

Wrong. There is such a thing as misprison of a felony, which applies
under some circumstances, but I am not a lawyer.

According to a fast Google it's misprision, I left out an 'I'. Two
elements to the offence, an affirmitive act that conceals the crime,
supressing or destroying evidence, for example. And the second
element, you have to fail to squeal. If bare failure to inform is a
crime in some states, it is, but it isn't accessory, my point.

Casady