BoatBanter.com

-   -   Two Men Cross Atlantic in 22' Boat! (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/107061-two-men-cross-atlantic-22-boat.html)

GC Boater June 17th 09 02:22 AM

Two Men Cross Atlantic in 22' Boat!

"My father and his chief mechanic once crossed the Atlantic in
winter in a 22' boat powered by twin outboards. Yes, it is possible,
even the
fuel. Got a "fireboat" welcome in NYC."

Hairy Katastrophe June 17th 09 03:20 AM

http://indianrivermag.com/LIVE/index... &PAGE_id=151

lupowell June 17th 09 03:47 AM

"Hairy Katastrophe" wrote in message
On Jun 16, 9:24 pm, TopBassDog wrote:
On Jun 16, 8:22 pm, GC Boater wrote:

"My father and his chief mechanic once crossed the Atlantic in
winter in a 22' boat powered by twin outboards. Yes, it is possible,
even the
fuel. Got a "fireboat" welcome in NYC."

Here-here!

Cheers

http://indianrivermag.com/LIVE/index... &PAGE_id=151

....and powered by forerunners to the E-Tec.

GC Boater June 17th 09 04:37 AM

Two Men Cross Atlantic in 22' Boat!

On Jun 16, 9:20*pm, Hairy Katastrophe
wrote:
On Jun 16, 9:24*pm, TopBassDog wrote:

On Jun 16, 8:22*pm, GC Boater wrote:

"My father and his chief mechanic once crossed the Atlantic in
winter in a 22' boat powered by twin outboards. Yes, it is possible,
even the
fuel. Got a "fireboat" welcome in NYC."

Here-here!

Cheers

http://indianrivermag.com/LIVE/index...ter&PAGE_user_....

Does Portugal have fireboat welcomes?

Reginald P Smithers III, Esq. June 17th 09 11:15 AM

wrote:
On Jun 16, 9:24 pm, TopBassDog wrote:

On Jun 16, 8:22 pm, GC Boater wrote:
"My father and his chief mechanic once crossed the Atlantic in
winter in a 22' boat powered by twin outboards. Yes, it is possible,
even the
fuel. Got a "fireboat" welcome in NYC."
Here-here!
Cheers

http://indianrivermag.com/LIVE/index...ter&PAGE_user_...

Does Portugal have fireboat welcomes?

Did you notice that the first Atlantic Crossing took place in 1985? I
wonder when Harry's infamous father made the crossing?

--
Reginald P. Smithers III, Esq.

This Newsgroup post is a natural product. The slight variations in
spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in
no way are to be considered flaws or defects

John H[_2_] June 17th 09 11:22 AM

Two Men Cross Atlantic in 22' Boat!

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 18:22:43 -0700 (PDT), GC Boater
wrote:

"My father and his chief mechanic once crossed the Atlantic in
winter in a 22' boat powered by twin outboards. Yes, it is possible,
even the
fuel. Got a "fireboat" welcome in NYC."

You don't have a real famous brother, by any chance? Maybe with a
different last name, lives in MD?
--
John H

"HONK - if I'm paying your mortgage!"

Jim Willemin June 17th 09 12:30 PM

Two Men Cross Atlantic in 22' Boat!

wrote:
On Jun 16, 9:24 pm, TopBassDog wrote:

On Jun 16, 8:22 pm, GC Boater wrote:
"My father and his chief mechanic once crossed the Atlantic in
winter in a 22' boat powered by twin outboards. Yes, it is
possible, even the
fuel. Got a "fireboat" welcome in NYC."
Here-here!
Cheers
http://indianrivermag.com/LIVE/index...ter&PAGE_user_

Does Portugal have fireboat welcomes?

Did you notice that the first Atlantic Crossing took place in 1985? I
wonder when Harry's infamous father made the crossing?

The first successful eastward crossing of the Atlantic by small boat under
oars only was in 1896, from New York to Le Havre, in the 18 foot dory Fox,
George Harbo, master, Frank Samuelson, crew.

Reginald P Smithers III, Esq. June 17th 09 12:49 PM

Two Men Cross Atlantic in 22' Boat!

Jim Willemin wrote:

wrote:
On Jun 16, 9:24 pm, TopBassDog wrote:

On Jun 16, 8:22 pm, GC Boater wrote:
"My father and his chief mechanic once crossed the Atlantic in
winter in a 22' boat powered by twin outboards. Yes, it is
possible, even the
fuel. Got a "fireboat" welcome in NYC."
Here-here!
Cheers
http://indianrivermag.com/LIVE/index...ter&PAGE_user_
Does Portugal have fireboat welcomes?

Did you notice that the first Atlantic Crossing took place in 1985? I
wonder when Harry's infamous father made the crossing?

The first successful eastward crossing of the Atlantic by small boat under
oars only was in 1896, from New York to Le Havre, in the 18 foot dory Fox,
George Harbo, master, Frank Samuelson, crew.

No, Harry's father made it under power, I think with an Evinrude. His
father was close personal friends with the Evinrudes

Loogypicker[_2_] June 17th 09 01:13 PM

Two Men Cross Atlantic in 22' Boat!

wrote:
On Jun 16, 9:24 pm, TopBassDog wrote:

On Jun 16, 8:22 pm, GC Boater wrote:
"My father and his chief mechanic once crossed the Atlantic in
winter in a 22' boat powered by twin outboards. Yes, it is possible,
even the
fuel. Got a "fireboat" welcome in NYC."
Here-here!
Cheers
http://indianrivermag.com/LIVE/index...ter&PAGE_user_....

Does Portugal have fireboat welcomes?

Did you notice that the first Atlantic Crossing took place in 1985? *I
wonder when Harry's infamous father made the crossing?

No one would know, because the fireboat welcome he received isn't on
record. It's the only one that isn't, according to the historian for
the NYFD. It's kind of like his Yale degree.