Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Good story and good photos

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 12:45:50 -0400, Gene Kearns wrote:

As this ship serves with distinction, it would be deserving if it was
treated to the opportunity afforded the following ships:

USS West Virginia
USS Nevada
USS Tennessee
USS California
USS Maryland
USS Pennsylvania

Remember your history lessons?

All those ships were at Pearl Harbor, and several were at the Japanese
surrender in Tokyo Bay.

Remember Scapa Flow where the German High Seas Fleet was scuttled after
WWI? I read something recently that I found interesting. Apparently,
because those ships were forged before the nuclear age, they don't
contain any radioactive isotopes. Some of the metal is now being
salvaged for use in space probes and other sensitive mechanisms. From
the Battle of Jutland, to deep space, who would have known?

Good news story Don White General 0 April 8th 09 02:14 PM
Good news story Tom Francis - SWSports General 5 January 7th 09 03:14 PM
Ot Good News Story Don White General 1 June 10th 06 01:38 AM
Good News story.. Don White General 6 October 25th 05 01:40 PM
A good news story! Don White General 9 September 14th 04 12:42 AM