posted to alt.politics,soc.retirement,alt.california,rec.boats,talk.politics.misc

Default as the stock market hucksters lather up the suckers over

On May 26, 1:00*pm, wrote:
as the stock market hucksters lather up the suckers over meaningless
statistics, however in the real world:house prices are still plunging
at a 19% year-over-year rate.*This is only slightly lower than the
record drop of a couple of months ago

*please click on the link for the excellent video.

http://finance.yahoo.com/tech-ticker...sing-Not-%22Bo...

Housing Not "Bottoming," Says Tilson: Another 10%-15% Drop To Go
Posted May 26, 2009 01:54pm EDT by Henry Blodget
There has been a lot of talk lately about a "bottom" in the housing
crash, but it's balderdash.* As the Case Shiller index confirmed this
morning, house prices are still plunging at a 19% year-over-year
rate.* This is only slightly lower than the record drop of a couple of
months ago, and it shows that housing won't "bottom" for a quite a
while.

The good news, says our guest Whitney Tilson, managing partner at T2
Partners and author of More Mortgage Meltdown: 6 Ways To Profit In
These Bad Times, is that house prices will probably only fall another
10%-15%, which means we're closer to the end than the beginning.

Whitney thinks the market will bottom in about another year.* Don't
expect a quick rebound, however.* Housing market bottoms don't tend to
be "v-shaped."* And there's just too much baggage in the form of over-
supply, consumer debt, and ongoing economic weakness to expect a rapid
recovery in house prices.

Don't get caught in a "chump" rally.

Martin

New stock market terms Calif Bill General 1 December 22nd 08 05:23 AM
Stock market Gordon Cruising 2 October 12th 08 03:04 AM
(OT) stock market bb General 2 May 19th 04 12:38 AM
Capt. Neal's stock market investments. Simple Simon ASA 33 December 2nd 03 06:28 PM
Take me to sail AND I teach you about trading stock market options optionsailer ASA 0 July 11th 03 04:42 PM