Default Former astronaut, Columbia native to be new admin. at NASA

A homegrown South Carolina boy doing well.

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10413800

HK HK is offline

wrote:
A homegrown South Carolina boy doing well.

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10413800

He did a lot better *after* he got out of redneckville:

From wiki -

Bolden accepted a commission as a second lieutenant in the United States
Marine Corps following graduation from the United States Naval Academy
*(Annapolis, Maryland)* in 1968. He underwent flight training at
Pensacola, Florida, Meridian, Mississippi, and Kingsville, Texas, before
being designated a naval aviator in May 1970. He flew more than 100
sorties into North and South Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia, in the A-6A
Intruder while assigned to VMA(AW)-533 at Namphong, Thailand, June 1972
to June 1973.

Upon returning to the United States, Bolden began a two-year tour as a
Marine Corps selection officer and recruiting officer in Los Angeles,
California, followed by three years in various assignments at the Marine
Corps Air Station El Toro, California. In June 1979, he graduated from
the U.S. Naval Test Pilot School at *Patuxent River, Maryland*, and was
assigned to the Naval Air Test Center's Systems Engineering and Strike
Aircraft Test Directorates. While there, he served as an ordnance test
pilot and flew numerous test projects in the A-6E, EA-6B, and A-7C/E
airplanes.

He has logged more than 6,000 hours flying time.

Bolden was selected an astronaut candidate by NASA in 1980. He was a
member of the NASA Astronaut Corps until 1994 when he returned to active
duty in the U.S. Marine Corps as the Deputy Commandant of Midshipmen at
the Naval Academy, *Annapolis, Maryland*, effective June 27, 1994. In
July 1997, he was assigned as the Deputy Commanding General, I MEF,
Marine Forces, Pacific. From February to June 1998, he served as
Commanding General, I MEF (FWD) in support of Operation Desert Thunder
in Kuwait. In July 1998 he was promoted to his final rank of Major
General and assumed his duties as the Deputy Commander, U.S. Forces, Japan.

Bolden then served as the Commanding General, 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing,
serving from August 9, 2000 until August 2002. He retired in August 2004.

On May 24, 9:00*am, HK wrote:
wrote:
A homegrown South Carolina boy doing well.

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10413800

He did a lot better *after* he got out of redneckville:

He's definitely well traveled and very successful. All built on a
proper childhood and education in a good and decent state.

How's that KKK headquarters doing up there in Maryland? Was it union
built? Do they pay well for writing?
HK HK is offline

wrote:
On May 24, 9:00 am, HK wrote:
wrote:
A homegrown South Carolina boy doing well.
http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10413800
He did a lot better *after* he got out of redneckville:

He's definitely well traveled and very successful. All built on a
proper childhood and education in a good and decent state.

How's that KKK headquarters doing up there in Maryland? Was it union
built? Do they pay well for writing?

Dunno, spoontang: the klan isn't my thing. If it were, I'd live where
you do.

HK wrote:
wrote:
A homegrown South Carolina boy doing well.

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10413800

He did a lot better *after* he got out of redneckville:

From wiki -

[...]

I wonder how he would have turned out had he attended Hillhouse High
School New Haven Ct.?

On May 24, 9:31*am, jim7856 wrote:
HK wrote:
wrote:
A homegrown South Carolina boy doing well.

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10413800

snip

I wonder how he would have turned out had he attended Hillhouse High
School New Haven Ct?

I'm betting a bitter, bigoted old man with no life except an imaginary
one in a newsgroup.

HK HK is offline

HK wrote:
wrote:
A homegrown South Carolina boy doing well.
http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10413800
snip
I wonder how he would have turned out had he attended Hillhouse High
School New Haven Ct?

I'm betting a bitter, bigoted old man with no life except an imaginary
one in a newsgroup.

You mean like you or that worthless, boatless piece of ****, Florida
Jim, who thought he was defending America by helping to kill Vietnamese?

No thanks.

Hillhouse, btw, *was* one of the top academic high schools in
Connecticut in the 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s. Now, it has suffered the
fate of many urban high schools, sadly. In that same period, your
schools probably were segregated, hey, redneck? Hillhouse was not; the
president of my senior class was black. In the early 1960's...when the
boys in your state and Florida were still into lynching blacks.

HK wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Well at least you spelled my name right this time.
Since you brought race into the discussion. From 1960 to 2008, how many
senior class presidents were not black. And since when is race relevant
to acedemic achievement? Your racist underpinnings are showing.

HK wrote:
wrote:
A homegrown South Carolina boy doing well.
http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10413800

snip
I wonder how he would have turned out had he attended Hillhouse High
School New Haven Ct?

I'm betting a bitter, bigoted old man with no life except an imaginary
one in a newsgroup.

the president of my senior class was black.

So *you* weren't the class president? Do tell.

Did he go on to become an Astronaut and head of NASA? Of course not,
that was someone from "rednecksville", SC. Uh huh.

Things have changed a lot since you were in school in the '40s. Of
course, that does help explain why you're so "set in your ways" and
forgetful. It's typical of the elderly, unfortunately.

HK wrote:
wrote:
A homegrown South Carolina boy doing well.

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10413800

snip

I wonder how he would have turned out had he attended Hillhouse High
School New Haven Ct?

I'm betting a bitter, bigoted old man with no life except an imaginary
one in a newsgroup.

Harry is the most bigoted person here. What is amazing is that he's so
stupid that he doesn't realize that EVERYONE here makes fun of him,
and his lies, and his bigotry except his lover, Don that is.