RGrew176

Default Politics aside: 9-11-01; Let us never forget

I was also at work. I walked past one of the break areas. In each break area
they have televisons. I walked in and they were stating that a small plane had
crashed into one of the towers of the WTC. At that time I did not think to much
then while watching we saw the 2nd airliner crash into the other tower. At that
moment I knew it was a terrorist act. Why I felt that I am not sure but somehow
I knew. Then the crash into the Pentagon further justified my feeling. It is
not something any of us who are alive will soon forget.

My dad stated it reminded him of December 7, 1941. Some of those same feelings
he had then came back. I hope we do not have to face an event like that again
in my lifetime but in todays world anything can happen I guess.
Gould 0738

My dad stated it reminded him of December 7, 1941. Some of those same
feelings
he had then came back. I hope we do not have to face an event like that again
in my lifetime but in todays world anything can happen I guess.

Each side wages war according to its own capabilities. Unable to mount a force
capable of shooting it out on a battlefield with the armies of highly
industrialized and militarized nations (the US is but one example of many that
fit that description), the third world people go to war against countries with
superior military force in ways that do not involve directly engaging the
enemy's military machinery.

I must agree with your conclusion that in today's world, anything can happen.

We have responded to the heinous, criminal, attack on the WTC and the Pentagon
by mounting a campaign to wipe out terrorists. Some response was certainly
mandated. The Administration was forced into a no win corner on this one.
That's probably why the overwhelming majority of people either supported the
President (or kept silent) when we went into Afghanistan with the stated
intention of capturing OBL "dead or alive" and taking apart the Taliban
government we believed had enabled the terrorist ******* to do his evil deeds.
It seemed like a manhunt for a major criminal *******.

These attacks will continue, the majority of
them will be overseas as they have been in the past and once in a while we may
have to deal with something within the borders of our homeland.

In spite of GWB's best effort to wipe out terrorists, it is my personal opinion
that we must do more to wipe out the root *causes* of terrorism or the babies
of today will be the terrorists of 12 and 15 years from now. We can't klll them
all. (Well, yes, I guess we can but to do so would be unthinkable).

9-11 alerted us all to the fact that we live in a world much larger than the
United States. Things going on in Israel, etc, can effect us here. Our elected
leaders, national policies, and diplomatic objectives
need to be flexible and enlightened enough
to deal with a world where we cannot presume to make all the rules, all the
time.
Calif Bill

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
[...]

The only way is to turn countries like Iraq into a somewhat modern country,
not one run for a single purpose. That purpose, as it is in most Middle
Eastern countries is to kill or teach killing of all non-Muslims. e.g. The
"Schools" supported by the Saudi's and other rich Muslims that teach only
one thing. Martyrdom and killing Westerners. These children in Iraq and
elsewhere are brought up on extremist views. We have to change that
education system, if we hope to move towards peace.