Jim

Default Politics aside: 9-11-01; Let us never forget

A stunning tribute to the tragic event:

http://www.caldavid.com/911/911-lq.swf

Where were you when it happened?

For me, I was on my way to physical therapy for my knee listening to the radio in the
car....a date and time I will never forget.

Jim -

"Jim" wrote in message
A stunning tribute to the tragic event:

http://www.caldavid.com/911/911-lq.swf

Where were you when it happened?

For me, I was on my way to physical therapy for my knee, listening to the radio in

the
car....a date and time I will never forget.

I guess political arguing is more important here. I thought by now there would be some
comments posted.

Butch Ammon

9-11-01?

I was at work at my company, working on database programs and so on. My
fishing buddy (also a computer geek) had the day off. At appoximately 8:45am,
he calls me at my desk and told me to do whatever I can to get to a TV, because
a plane crashed into the WTC... Me and a bunch of others at work went running
into the lunchroom and flipped on the TV.

The WTC was a great place. I was stationed on Governors Island in NYC in
1980-1983 and have been up in the WTC many times. I knew some USCG Reserves
who were NYFD and NYPD officers that perished on 9/11.

Butch Ammon
Don White

I was in on a departmental meeting in our 4th floor boardroom. (we're one
hour ahead of Eastern time)
Our Regional Comptroller received a call on his cell phone and I could tell
something big had happened.
After the meeting I went by a tv and saw the early footage.

Jim wrote in message
A stunning tribute to the tragic event:

http://www.caldavid.com/911/911-lq.swf

Where were you when it happened?

For me, I was on my way to physical therapy for my knee listening to the

radio in the
car....a date and time I will never forget.

Gould 0738

We were watching TV, worried to death about our daughter who lived only a few
blocks away and frequently caught the subway under the WTC.

Not much comment beyond that. I'm still pizzed at the large number of people
and groups who either hoped this event would destroy the American way of life
or who scheme to use this tragedy to advance repressive, reactionary,
philosophies. Both groups hope to benefit from public fear. No winners anywhere
in sight. 9-11 was only the first day of a continuing disaster.

Jim -

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
We were watching TV, worried to death about our daughter who lived only a few
blocks away and frequently caught the subway under the WTC.

Not much comment beyond that. snip Chucks political statement

Then why did you comment beyond that? I tried to keep politics out of this. Didn't
you see the first 2 words of the title of the post?

jps

"Jim" wrote in message

For me, I was on my way to physical therapy for my knee listening to the

radio in the
car....a date and time I will never forget.

Gee, thanks for reminding me. I would've forgotten otherwise.

I'll make sure and return the favor on July 4th, 2004.

Gould 0738

unbe****inleavable

????????

I said that:

1. Some groups hoped to bring down the American way of life with the attack.

Is that what you find "unbelieavable"?

Al Qaida and others hailed the attacks for the damage they did the US. So, how
is that not believable?

I said that:

2. Other groups are playing on public fears to try and advance repressive and
reactionary philosophies.

How would that be "unbelievable"?

Every time somebody applauds the suspension of the right of habeus corpus, they
refer back to 9-11. Every time somebdy agrees that we need to surrender our
rights against unreasonable search and seizure, they cite 9-11 as the reason.
Every time somebody says it's no longer important for people accused of a crime
to be awarded a speedy trial before a jury of their peers, they use 9-11 as an
excuse.
Every time somebody says that it's perfectly OK to try civilians before a
military tribunal, 9-11 comes up again. Every time somebody thinks that it's no
big deal to hold people in jail indefinitely without any charges being filed,
we hear all about 9-11.

Maybe you live in a black hole in outer space? You aren't aware that these
arguments are advanced almost every day?

The terrorists knocked down the buildings and killed 3000 people. We tore down
our own Bill of Rights, all by ourselves.

Both groups, the terrorists and the repressive reactionaries are attempting to
capitalize on the fear that 9-11 spawned.
If you cannot, (or more likely "will not") see that, it isn't my perspective
that's flawed, renegade.

9-11 was a disaster, and the consequences of the disaster continue.
Or did you think it was "over" on the 12th?

That you apparently have no opinion beyond the one you have been told to have
is equally "unbeleavable" to me.

Gould 0738

Not really, if you read enough of his stuff, he reveals his agenda.

You don't have to read very much to understand plain statements, Wally.

You screw up trying to read a lot of extra stuff into those same statements,
however.

Try thinking beyond stereotype. I promise, it won't hurt.