werlax

Default Off topic messages

What happened to people doing us the courtesy of putting "OT" in front
of their messages when they have nothing to do with boating? I
suppose I could continally fill my killfile with names and such, but I
don't see why it should be my responsiblity to keep the newsgroup from
"appearing" to be an actual *boating* newsgroup.
Could those of you who insist on posting off-topic messages please put
something in the subject (typically, "OT") to indicate it's not
related to the newsgroup.
Thanks!
jps

"WaIIy" wrote in message

There are hundreds of political newsgroups and these people continue to
ruin this one.

It's a shame, since a few (very few) of them know a bit about boats.

Oh for goodness sakes Wilbur, you know better than that!

Bill Cole

Default OT Off topic messages

jps, you have admitted that you are a lurking when discussing boats, you
have also admitted that you come here just to give the right wing a rash of
****. By your own admission you are here to turn rec.boats from a boating
forum to a political forum. Stand proud for what you are. The only person
I have seen who regularly discusses off topic crap who also contributes to
boating topics is Chuck Gould and the John, the Poco Loco dude. The rest of
those who post political ****, come here to post political ****. Now, I
come here just to tweak the idiots. ; )

"jps" wrote in message
"WaIIy" wrote in message

There are hundreds of political newsgroups and these people continue to
ruin this one.

It's a shame, since a few (very few) of them know a bit about boats.

Oh for goodness sakes Wilbur, you know better than that!

Bill Cole

jps, someone once asked you while you bother to come to rec.boats since all
you do is post political crap. You said you enjoy reading the boating
stuff, but did not feel you were qualified to respond to most of the topics,
so you enjoy the political arguments. If you don't like that, you should
not have said it.

As far as the idiots, neither party or political leaning have a monopoly on
idiots, it just so happens that you and basseater are two of the bigger ones
in the NG. I am not bitching about the politics, I realized after reading
this NG for one week that long after I get bored of this group, the
political posts will continue.

"jps" wrote in message
Man, the attributes you ascribe to people are astounding. You've admitted
the same for yourself, I don't recall having admitted to lurking. You

just
keep saying it though, and the RWers in the group will follow along just
like Saddam and the terrorists are in cahoots.

I enjoy the boating related topics but have to admit I'm generally more
interested in inboard vessels and systems than the outdrive or outboard
driven boat.

You seem to enjoy the political **** as much as anyone here, so why the
bitching? And, if you're really interested in "tweaking the idiots" you
should change sides.

jps

"jps" wrote in message
"WaIIy" wrote in message

There are hundreds of political newsgroups and these people continue

ruin this one.

It's a shame, since a few (very few) of them know a bit about boats.

Oh for goodness sakes Wilbur, you know better than that!

jps

Most of posts here are outdrive, outboard related. It's not my expertise
and I don't like giving people half assed advise. That's why I stick to
inboard boats and systems and politics. I'm trying to teach you something
about the latter but you only seem interested in spewing personal ****.

And as far as monopoly of idiots on either side of the political spectrum, I
can't disagree. You however, add absolutely nothing but invective and
chatter and make no material points whatsoever.

Are you related to that guy who chased Harry for months posting "shut up
Harry" messages?

"jps" wrote in message
"WaIIy" wrote in message

There are hundreds of political newsgroups and these people

continue
ruin this one.

It's a shame, since a few (very few) of them know a bit about

boats.

Oh for goodness sakes Wilbur, you know better than that!

Don ßailey

jps,

I'm generally more
interested in inboard vessels and systems than the outdrive or outboard
driven boat.

Like what vessels and systems?

db

jps

"Don ßailey" wrote in message

jps,

I'm generally more
interested in inboard vessels and systems than the outdrive or

outboard
driven boat.

Like what vessels and systems?

Cruisers or trawlers from 28 ft. to infinity. Gas or diesel. Electrical
(wiring, charging, crimping, batteries, inverters, etc.), fiberglass and
gelcoat maintenance and repair, fresh, grey and blackwater systems, anchor
and deck hardware, davits, dinks, etc., etc.

Sometimes I participate, sometimes I don't. Love to learn. Love going
through TWL for items of interest. Real blue water cruisers in there.
Boatered is good to go through a couple times a month to see what's
interesting.

jps

Bill Cole

jps,
Can you point out one time you ever added anything material to this NG?
When was the last time you added anything to a topic concerning inboard
boats and systems?

The only thing I have seen you do is cut and paste from political news
reports.

As far as Harry is concerned, while Harry is completely off base on some
issues and enjoys telling people that they are trash, he is completely
honest that he is here to hurl insults to the right wing. Harry is not an
idiot, he knows that there is nothing said in this NG of any importance, nor
does he believe anything he posts will make a difference. You actually
believe that your posts are of importance. That is really sad.

"jps" wrote in message
"WaIIy" wrote in message

There are hundreds of political newsgroups and these people

continue
ruin this one.

It's a shame, since a few (very few) of them know a bit about

boats.

Oh for goodness sakes Wilbur, you know better than that!

frosty

werlax wrote:
What happened to people doing us the courtesy of putting "OT" in front
of their messages when they have nothing to do with boating? I
suppose I could continally fill my killfile with names and such, but I
don't see why it should be my responsiblity to keep the newsgroup from
"appearing" to be an actual *boating* newsgroup.
Could those of you who insist on posting off-topic messages please put
something in the subject (typically, "OT") to indicate it's not
related to the newsgroup.
Thanks!

Gotta wonder why these people bring this stuff here.
It's like "I want to sharpen up my wrestling skills, so
I'm off to the tennis courts."

-- frosty