Don White

Default On Topic: Near Perfect Day on the Bay

I gave up a call to sail on the Mirage 33 today, thinking I'd take my CL14
out for a sail.
My four sisters all showed-up at the house and by the time they left tme was
short.
I had to settle for washing the boat, mowing the lawn, cleaning windows etc

Paul

Totally abortive weekend here. My wife had to fly to Halifax last minute on
Friday morning. I was going to go to the boat Friday after work but I had to
come home Saturday anyway for my stuff, and pick her up at the crack of dawn
on Sunday ... didn't go.

Saturday was one of the best weather days we've had in a while and we let it
burn off with me 100 miles from my boat, and my wife at the end of the
continent.

Next weekend is burned up too.

Not many weekends left, I'm already picking the date for my haulout.
Burnination.

Oh well, I guess even sad boat stories are still boat stories.

"Don White" wrote in message
I gave up a call to sail on the Mirage 33 today, thinking I'd take my CL14
out for a sail.
My four sisters all showed-up at the house and by the time they left tme

was
short.
I had to settle for washing the boat, mowing the lawn, cleaning windows

etc

Lee Yeaton

The whole weekend was great and started early for me.

Thursday fueled up the dinghy and the big boat and then grilled some wings
on my new grill. My new hot sauce recipe was great.

Had to work on Friday but got off early and headed to the boat store for
some cleaning supplies. Friday night had dinner with friends and watched
the storm clouds blow by, then a quick dinghy ride around the harbor.
Baltimore is beautiful at night.

Saturday a quick trip to a local waterfront restaurant for lunch and then
explored a couple of creeks. Back in the harbor we tied up to a wall and
watched all the boat traffic, then back to the marina.

Sunday morning had coffee and a nice breakfast onboard and watched all the
transients leave for their homeports. This afternoon I washed the boat and
dinghy and got ready for an extended trip with a friend who is flying in
from England on Wednesday. I went through all my junk onboard and ended up
throwing away 2 full garbage bags of useless stuff. It's amazing how much
crap I thought I needed at the beginning of the season and then never used
it.

It was so nice this weekend I didn't want to leave and decided to spend
another night on the boat. I am typing this on my laptop under the stars
with a Corona at my side and a CAO cigar smoldering in the ashtray. I
couldn't ask for a betgter weekend.

- - - - -
Lee Yeaton
Aboard "Ours N Hours"