Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Is this normal?

My Tolman with a 90 hp Yamaha 2 cycle has been in the shop since April
1 for rebuilding the carbs after I had some really bad fuel. A month
and a half seems unreasonable to me and today they told me they were
waiting on a back ordered carb jet and it would be delivered after
June 1. I called Yamaha HQ and found the part is NOT back ordered and
arranged to have it shipped by Tuesday. When I told the mechanic this
he became defensive and said the part had been backordered but they
had just had a shipment. This did not coincide with what Yamaha told
me but ok.
So, what I wonder is if this time is reasonable? Do such mechanics at
marinas commonly put off the small jobs when a big boat with really
high cost repairs comes in?

Burslem Normal JeanneTHurricane~ ASA 0 December 3rd 06 06:07 PM
Everything back to normal Reggie Smithers General 11 April 15th 06 03:21 PM
It was just a normal trip Reggie Smithers General 2 January 20th 06 08:54 AM
NW Weather; Normal Thom Stewart ASA 41 January 27th 05 06:47 AM
Fuel consumption -- Is it simply too much for a normal folf with a normal income? Melandre General 5 August 13th 04 10:56 PM