Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Striper fishing at New Hogan Lake (Central Ca foothills) May 7: Itried

I got the bug for Hogan stripers a bit early and headed out for some
trolling. The morning was cool and cloudy, the afternoon was bright
and breezy. The stripers had lockjaw.

I trolled rolling anchovies at 20' and 30' for over five hours for
absolutely zilch - not even a bump. I even trolled up the narrows
thinking maybe they were upriver looking for love. But once through
the narrows I didn't mark a singe fish.

I marked several at around 20' to 25' in the middle of the main lake.
The few I did mark were widely scattered.

Hogan is a mystery; all I know is that the hotter the weather is the
better the fishing is. Usually. Maybe. Well... maybe not! Heck - I
can't figure that place out! Roll Eyes

Maybe next time...

Photos of the lake, the ramp, the boat, the weather and an old photo
of a limit of 10 stripers (seems all I have is old memories) at my
homepage www.FishWisher.com.

Dale