jps jps is offline

Default What 17 billion will buy you.

On Thu, 7 May 2009 18:41:17 -0600, "Canuck57" wrote:

"jps" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 07 May 2009 14:47:34 -0400, Tom Francis - SWSports
wrote:

$17 billion is less than one half of 1% of the entire $3.55 trillion
FY10 budget.

Bush's economy and keeping two wars off the books didn't help.

This is Obama spending. Bush is long gone. Or the democratic leaches going
into self denial over this?

That's a load of crap. If Obama didn't have to help prevent job
losses, the deficit would be a hell of a lot lower. Did you look at
the stats on job losses? It was on a worse track than any downturn
since the depression.

If Bush had actually kept finances for the wars on the books, our
deficit would have looked a hell of a lot larger before Obama took
office.

It's damned funny now that the wars are sitting on the books that
"conservatives" are bitching about the deficit.

It was Republicans who fostered idea that deficits didn't matter.

Obama is bankrupting the USA. Not only has debt grown, government
prints/creates it for it's operations.

Bush did more to set the country on this course than anything Obama
has instituted.

Should he just put his hands in his pockets and "let the markets
figure it out?"

Bull****.

On 7-May-2009, jps wrote:

Multiply that by "Americans" not caring, and you have a 3rd world
country.
That status is evident everywhere you look. Well, 98% of the places you
look. Might as well quit bitching and adapt. You're screwed for the
long
term.

I don't think the current jackass rates as highly on the jackass scale
when compared to the two previous.

3-way tie - Obama just has the honor of closing the lid of the casket.

No need to review Bush. Clinton
did a lot of pandering to the global economic interests. When you're
riding high on an inflated market -- and taxes are rolling in from
short term profits on short term thinking, a lot of water can move
under the bridge while the few who understand the net effect are
drowned out by the irrational, foolish masses.

Very true, and those few weren't heard.

We've undercut our own industries, work force and failed to make the
investments in our own country. We've failed to incent companies to
keep their workforces here (or disincent them from moving their labor
elsewhere). We haven't made education a priority.

The federal government put into place policies that facilitated dumping
while prohibiting exports. The countries the morons buy their vehicles from
do not permit import of the same (or of anything else.).This has been going
on since the mid 70's. Apathy by the lazy masses results in pervasive "oh
wells" followed by "where's my free stuff?" Alone, the government can't
trash the country. The public could and did.

More money is wasted on "education" in the U.S. than is spent on the
military, and the little darlings are functionally illiterate. I've been an
employer - try to get a high school gradjgeat to find 3 1/4" on a ruler.
Many just walk out.

It's pretty depressing but I'd rather think about what can be done
than wallow in pity.

Pity is instantaneous when tragedy is realized, then the laughter starts.
I'm in the industrial market right now. Last 2 business transactions
involved Turkey and India. The U.S? With the government oppression for the
past 30 years, why would ANYONE produce products in the U.S???? Answer -
they don't, they "git" while the going's good. Employees in the U.S will be,
and are suitable for, mindless retail clerks selling shoddy overpriced junk
to each other in every commodity imaginable.

As long as "Americans" send most of their discretionary income overseas for
autos and every household product, their wages will fall, and they will
eventually live like those in Mumbai. "But all I see are red Chinese
products..whhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa...." Don't buy it, the economy would change
in 90 days.

"Americans" are lazy and it will NEVER happen.

It's not pity - it's funny......except for those who are stuck in the U.S.
jps jps is offline

On Fri, 8 May 2009 02:13:17 GMT, "Steve"
wrote:

On 7-May-2009, jps wrote:

[...]

Agreed.

Are you in favor of keeping the Detroit based auto industry afloat?

What sort of industrial products are you involved with?

On Thu, 07 May 2009 18:41:17 -0600, Canuck57 wrote:

1/2 the reason the markets have been good in the last month is
inflation, not any real gain.

Oh please, since the Dow bottomed in mid-March, it has gone up roughly
30%. Are you trying to say the annual inflation rate is 150%, or just
75%?

jps wrote:

wrote:

$17 billion is less than one half of 1% of the entire $3.55 trillion
FY10 budget.
Bush's economy and keeping two wars off the books didn't help.

Would you explain how deficits that were created by pelosi's democrats
and their pork barrel stimulus package and a budget that has more pie in
the sky project is President Bushes fault?

You will be blaming President Bush when you are standing in the
unemployment line because obama required the the automakers to close the
facility where you worked.

I'm a corporate officer and not covered by unemployment.

I think Pelosi should get to ask for 6 more months about 10 times
before you even start asking those questions.

Being a corporate officer is not too hard to be or do. Hell, anyone here
could be a corporate officer in a day or two.

HK HK is offline

wrote:

$17 billion is less than one half of 1% of the entire $3.55 trillion
FY10 budget.
Bush's economy and keeping two wars off the books didn't help.
Would you explain how deficits that were created by pelosi's
democrats and their pork barrel stimulus package and a budget that
has more pie in the sky project is President Bushes fault?

You will be blaming President Bush when you are standing in the
unemployment line because obama required the the automakers to close
the facility where you worked.

I'm a corporate officer and not covered by unemployment.

I think Pelosi should get to ask for 6 more months about 10 times
before you even start asking those questions.

Being a corporate officer is not too hard to be or do. Hell, anyone here
could be a corporate officer in a day or two.

Obviously, as our recent national economic experience indicates, any
idiot can be a corporate officer and probably was and is.
jps jps is offline

wrote:

$17 billion is less than one half of 1% of the entire $3.55 trillion
FY10 budget.
Bush's economy and keeping two wars off the books didn't help.
Would you explain how deficits that were created by pelosi's democrats
and their pork barrel stimulus package and a budget that has more pie in
the sky project is President Bushes fault?

You will be blaming President Bush when you are standing in the
unemployment line because obama required the the automakers to close the
facility where you worked.

I'm a corporate officer and not covered by unemployment.

I think Pelosi should get to ask for 6 more months about 10 times
before you even start asking those questions.

Being a corporate officer is not too hard to be or do. Hell, anyone here
could be a corporate officer in a day or two.

I make my living as a corporate officer. Our state, until this year,
didn't allow corporate officers to contribute to unemployment
insurance or gain coverage.

If you expect to make points your argument will have to be relavent to
the subject at hand. Try to follow along, pinhead.

O's 50 Billion Plan Eisboch General 41 November 15th 08 04:31 AM
Off Subject; Billion Thom Stewart ASA 1 December 22nd 07 10:52 PM
$3.2 billion a day [email protected] General 4 March 19th 05 02:54 AM
(OT) 326 Billion Jim General 3 July 14th 04 12:26 PM
What $100 Billion Buys... Jim-- General 54 March 4th 04 04:06 PM