Default Ping : Don White

I think I finally got an ID on my Grandfathers Boat. Ever heard of a
Waymouth?. An older fishing charter Captain down the Lake from me ID'd
it. Dont know if it's positive, but he swears that's what it is.
Gonna do a google on it, and see if I get a hit.

S.

wrote in message
I think I finally got an ID on my Grandfathers Boat. Ever heard of a
Waymouth?. An older fishing charter Captain down the Lake from me ID'd
it. Dont know if it's positive, but he swears that's what it is.
Gonna do a google on it, and see if I get a hit.

Can't say I have.
Is it spelled Waymouth or Weymouth? S.

On May 6, 9:28*am, "Don White" wrote:
wrote in message

I think I finally got an ID on my Grandfathers Boat. Ever heard of a
Waymouth?. An older fishing charter Captain down the Lake from me ID'd
it. Dont know if it's positive, but he swears that's what it is.
Gonna do a google on it, and see if I get a hit.

Can't say I have.
Is it spelled Waymouth or Weymouth? * * * * * * * * * * * *S.

I think he spelled it Waymouth, but I'll check in the other forum.

"Don White" wrote in message

wrote in message
I think I finally got an ID on my Grandfathers Boat. Ever heard of a
Waymouth?. An older fishing charter Captain down the Lake from me ID'd
it. Dont know if it's positive, but he swears that's what it is.
Gonna do a google on it, and see if I get a hit.

Can't say I have.
Is it spelled Waymouth or Weymouth? S.

The Brits have a bad habit of misspelling many words.

Eisboch

On May 6, 10:34*am, "Eisboch" wrote:
"Don White" wrote in message

wrote in message
I think I finally got an ID on my Grandfathers Boat. Ever heard of a
Waymouth?. An older fishing charter Captain down the Lake from me ID'd
it. Dont know if it's positive, but he swears that's what it is.
Gonna do a google on it, and see if I get a hit.

Can't say I have.
Is it spelled Waymouth or Weymouth? * * * * * * * * * * * *S.

The Brits have a bad habit of misspelling many words.

Eisboch

Possibly, but it wasn't a Brit who revealed the make to me.......

"Don White" wrote in message

wrote in message
I think I finally got an ID on my Grandfathers Boat. Ever heard of a
Waymouth?. An older fishing charter Captain down the Lake from me ID'd
it. Dont know if it's positive, but he swears that's what it is.
Gonna do a google on it, and see if I get a hit.

Can't say I have.
Is it spelled Waymouth or Weymouth? S.

The Brits have a bad habit of misspelling many words.

Eisboch

Possibly, but it wasn't a Brit who revealed the make to me.......

Seems to be a few boats with that brandname for sale.
http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/category/type/Weymouth

I noticed that a 1988/89 model was built by HALMATIC IN GOSPORT and desgined
by Nurray McCormack and Associates
I imagine your boat is a lot older than that.
An older 1970 model claimed.....
Builder/Designer

Builder: weymouth

On May 6, 11:12*am, "Don White" wrote:
wrote in message

On May 6, 10:34 am, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Don White" wrote in message

. ..

wrote in message
I think I finally got an ID on my Grandfathers Boat. Ever heard of a
Waymouth?. An older fishing charter Captain down the Lake from me ID'd
it. Dont know if it's positive, but he swears that's what it is.
Gonna do a google on it, and see if I get a hit.

Can't say I have.
Is it spelled Waymouth or Weymouth? S.

The Brits have a bad habit of misspelling many words.

Eisboch

Possibly, but it wasn't a Brit who revealed the make to me.......

Seems to be a few boats with that brandname for sale.http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/category/type/Weymouth

I noticed that a 1988/89 model was built by HALMATIC IN GOSPORT and desgined
by Nurray McCormack and Associates
I imagine your boat is a lot older than that.
An older 1970 model claimed.....
Builder/Designer

* * * Builder: weymouth

The picture was dated July 1964. I was only 4 then. I think its a 50's
model, but cant find any info yet on the model. Grandad passed in 65
while working on the Wood Wheel for the boat.
My Grandfather was in BOTH wars. A Sargent in WW1 in the Signal
Corps.He was at Vimy Ridge. Those are the fellows that strung the
communication lines from the front back. In WW2, he re-enlisted, but
wasn't given a Combative role. He was promoted to Captain, and was a
Paymaster. He got to ride around in a side-car Harley (or maybe BMW )
motorcycle to the front to pay the boys who were fighting.
Another interesting fact. My Father was a Navigator in WW2 in a
Lancaster Bomber. One day, while taxi-ing to go up, he realized he had
forgotten his Chart Bag. The Pilot, a Mr Poslove, radioed the tower,
and they swung out of the line to circle into the end while my Dad was
rushed in a Harley Side-Car to the Barracks. Dad had to jump out the
side door while the plane was still rolling. The old man told me he
barely had time to get his ass in the sidecar when the guy took off
like a bat-outta-hell across the tarmack to get it. He thought they
must've been doing 70.
Their plane was initially 4th in line. After the fact, it was last in
line. The Pilot was mad as hell, BUT....the first 5 planes never made
it back.
Funny how fate is.

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Don White" wrote in message

wrote in message
I think I finally got an ID on my Grandfathers Boat. Ever heard of a
Waymouth?. An older fishing charter Captain down the Lake from me ID'd
it. Dont know if it's positive, but he swears that's what it is.
Gonna do a google on it, and see if I get a hit.

Can't say I have.
Is it spelled Waymouth or Weymouth? S.

The Brits have a bad habit of misspelling many words.

Eisboch

I happen to know that you also have a Weymouth in MA. (we have one here in
NS of course).
A future professional hockey player named Bobby Sheehan, who was in my grade
12 class when he played his junior hockey here, came from there.

As a matter of fact, I believe our village got it's name from the Loyalists
who left Mass in the mid 1700s when the ungrateful rabble was acting up..
http://www.weymouthnovascotia.com/

On May 6, 11:00*am, "Don White" wrote:
"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Don White" wrote in message
. ..

wrote in message
[...]

I have a Family Tree tracing my Ancestors back to the 1600's. They
left Virginia when the rabble started acting up. They were one of the
first 20 Familys to settle the Niagara Region. Fought with Brock
against the Americans in the Battle of Queenston Heights.And a direct
relation of mine was the Lady who informed the Brits of the impending
attack by the Americans...... Any guess on who that is? If you know
Canadian History, you'll know who I'm referring to.

wrote in message

I have a Family Tree tracing my Ancestors back to the 1600's. They
left Virginia when the rabble started acting up. They were one of the
first 20 Familys to settle the Niagara Region. Fought with Brock
against the Americans in the Battle of Queenston Heights.And a direct
relation of mine was the Lady who informed the Brits of the impending
attack by the Americans...... Any guess on who that is? If you know
Canadian History, you'll know who I'm referring to.

Hillary Clinton's great grandmother?

Eisboch

Ping: Don White... Don White General 0 October 18th 06 03:22 AM
Ping: Don White RCE General 0 March 12th 06 11:29 PM
Ping: Don White JimH General 0 February 18th 06 12:19 AM
Ping: Don White and RCE JimH General 19 February 5th 06 11:14 PM
Ping: Don White JimH General 0 May 2nd 05 11:13 PM