HK HK is offline

Default Finally, some good news about religion

National Day of Prayer Task Force Knocks Obama White House

By Dan Gilgoff, God & Country
US News & World Report

The National Day of Prayer Task Force, headquartered at the conservative
Christian group Focus on the Family, has issued a statement criticizing
the Obama administration for the way it's marking the annual event this
Thursday. Though the Obama administration has announced that it will
issue a proclamation marking the National Day of Prayer, it will not
hold a formal White House event, as George W. Bush had done for the past
eight years.

- - -

Well, maybe we are coming out of the Dark Ages, one step at a time.

"HK" wrote in message
m...
National Day of Prayer Task Force Knocks Obama White House

By Dan Gilgoff, God & Country
US News & World Report

The National Day of Prayer Task Force, headquartered at the conservative
Christian group Focus on the Family, has issued a statement criticizing
the Obama administration for the way it's marking the annual event this
Thursday. Though the Obama administration has announced that it will issue
a proclamation marking the National Day of Prayer, it will not hold a
formal White House event, as George W. Bush had done for the past eight
years.

- - -

Well, maybe we are coming out of the Dark Ages, one step at a time.

Indeed. Obama seems to be looking beyond his 20 something year Jeremiah
Wright influences.

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
m...
National Day of Prayer Task Force Knocks Obama White House

By Dan Gilgoff, God & Country
US News & World Report

The National Day of Prayer Task Force, headquartered at the
conservative Christian group Focus on the Family, has issued a
statement criticizing the Obama administration for the way it's
marking the annual event this Thursday. Though the Obama
administration has announced that it will issue a proclamation marking
the National Day of Prayer, it will not hold a formal White House
event, as George W. Bush had done for the past eight years.

- - -

Well, maybe we are coming out of the Dark Ages, one step at a time.

Indeed. Obama seems to be looking beyond his 20 something year Jeremiah
Wright influences.

Eisboch

Well, he surely sat through some of those "Wright" sermons, but he
doesn't seem much influenced by that style of rhetoric or what little
content it had. I've heard some really good preachers in my day, and in
fact a college friend from way back when, a southern Missouri boy, was a
master of the mellifluous style. He went on to ministry school after
graduation, and last time we talked, was a genuine "country circuit
rider," visiting the smaller rural prisons in Missouri and Arkansas. It
never mattered what he said; it sounded great.

He dragged me to Episcopal services a couple of Sunday mornings a month,
not because of the religion but because he claimed the best-looking
young women attended the church *and* the church served the very best
Sunday brunch in that college town. He was right on both counts. I think
in his heart he hoped to lead me to "the path." Well...he tried. :)

"HK" wrote in message
m...

He dragged me to Episcopal services a couple of Sunday mornings a month,
not because of the religion but because he claimed the best-looking young
women attended the church *and* the church served the very best Sunday
brunch in that college town. He was right on both counts. I think in his
heart he hoped to lead me to "the path." Well...he tried. :)

I was brought up attending Episcopal churches, including doing the acolyte
thing and later as a lay minister. Your friend was spot on.

Eisboch
"Follow those who seek the truth, run from those who claim to have found
it."

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
m...

He dragged me to Episcopal services a couple of Sunday mornings a
month, not because of the religion but because he claimed the
best-looking young women attended the church *and* the church served
the very best Sunday brunch in that college town. He was right on both
counts. I think in his heart he hoped to lead me to "the path."
Well...he tried. :)

I was brought up attending Episcopal churches, including doing the
acolyte thing and later as a lay minister. Your friend was spot on.

Eisboch
"Follow those who seek the truth, run from those who claim to have found
it."

I thought this was the center of truth:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...k100/piphi.jpg

jps jps is offline

On Tue, 5 May 2009 17:02:29 -0400, "Eisboch"
wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
om...

He dragged me to Episcopal services a couple of Sunday mornings a month,
not because of the religion but because he claimed the best-looking young
women attended the church *and* the church served the very best Sunday
brunch in that college town. He was right on both counts. I think in his
heart he hoped to lead me to "the path." Well...he tried. :)

I was brought up attending Episcopal churches, including doing the acolyte
thing and later as a lay minister.

Can you please define lay? It's a bit ambiguous in this context.

Finally, some good news for Chesapeake Bay John H.[_4_] General 2 May 16th 08 06:02 PM
Finally, some fun news John H. General 0 November 8th 05 01:56 AM
Finally, good financial news Gould 0738 General 10 November 30th 04 03:38 PM
Finally - Good News for Bush! RG General 1 October 5th 04 02:59 AM
Good news for America is bad news for the Democrats Bart Senior ASA 87 July 26th 04 05:04 PM