Gould 0738

Default Finally, good financial news

any time I am in Wal-Mart I see all kinds of hypocrite union
people... You all badmouth the capitalist and the freemarket but your the
first to flock to these box stores to save ten cents on an item

Funny, related incident:
I was selling cars in a Chrysler dealership when Lee Iacocca saved the company.

As Chrysler was moving from intensive care to general bed rest, a guy stopped
by the dealership one day and said, "Show me one of these K Cars everybody is
taling about."

We checked out every feature of the car, and the prospect kept saying "I have
to admit, that's not bad, but I'll never buy one of these cars."

After he repeated his statement "I'll never buy one of these cars" a few times,
I had to ask, "Why do you feel that way?"

"Because Lee Iacocca may have saved Chrysler, but he did it on the backs of my
union brothers and sisters, that's why! He made the average working guy take a
pay cut. I have not use for any company that
doesn't hire union help at decent wages."

And with that, he climbed back into his
(Japanese built, pre-factory in the US) Toyota Corolla and drove out into the
night.
:-)

Most people's idealism is as long as a direct line from their mouth to their
wallet. No longer.

Donnie Gilliland

Harry,
This I agree with!
"Harry Krause" wrote in message

Wal-Mart shares fall on poor holiday sales

Published: November 28 2004 19:25 | Last updated: November 29 2004 16:59

Shares in Wal-Mart fell more than three per cent in New York on Monday,
after the giant discount retailer cut its forecast for November
same-store sales growth to just 0.7 per cent, citing poor performance
over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.

The world's largest retailer had estimated November year-on-year growth
of 2 to 4 per cent just 10 days ago. But Wal-Mart revised its estimates
down on Saturday evening after disappointing sales on “Black Friday”,
the day after Thanksgiving - so called because it is traditionally the
time retailers move into profit for the year. It is an indicator of
spending for the holiday season, when a quarter of annual retail sales
are rung up.

Wal-Mart said sales had fallen “below plan” in the last week of November
and sales growth was down on the 2.8 per cent annual rate it had
reported for October.

What's bad for Wal-Mart is good for civilization.

--
A passing thought:

"Obviously, I pray every day there's less casualty." —George W. Bush,
Fort Hood, Texas, April 11, 2004

NOYB

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
[...]

There's a car salesman in Maryland telling the exact same story...except the
guy climbed back into his non-union made Toyota Tundra and drove off to the
marina across town to launch his non-union-made Parker boat powered by its
non-union-made Yamaha outboard.

Tuuk

How did Lee Iacocca save Chrysler on the backs of the worker?

I realize I am probably your junior and don't know his strategies as well as
yourself but any restructuring has to be painful in every direction. Look at
the pilots in the airlines now. Come on, the local union guys in my areas
have some pretty ridiculous compensation packages. I could entertain you
with the dozens of fringes each gets but you probably already know. I feel
that is what pulled the trigger for the race off to more friendlier work
force. Just too dam expensive, you drove inflation up far too quickly for an
economic correction to occur. Ya,, I am all for you making a decent, fair,
good, comfortable wage but it has to be market driven and equal to the
surroundings.

Now your blaming Wal-Mart for what you forced.

I think Wal-Mart's success is their present business strategies including
extensive supply chain management, they really just rent space.

The facts are that Lee Iacocca was successful, Wal-Mart is successful, so
try not to let the facts get in the way of your argument.....

"Gould 0738" wrote in message
[...]

Gould 0738

How did Lee Iacocca save Chrysler on the backs of the worker?

I didn't say that he did. Please do try to keep up. I said I met a guy diving a
Japanese built Toyota who told me that he couldn't buy a Chrysler product
because of the was Iacocca treated the unions.

Iacocca was a very shrewd guy. No question. I always admired him.

Bert Robbins

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Tuuk wrote:
Harry

See what your union brothers have done to America? I am surprised
actually
that it took you so long to figure out,,,

You can thank yourself and your union brotherhood for what is happening
in
the west but any time I am in Wal-Mart I see all kinds of hypocrite union
people... You all badmouth the capitalist and the freemarket but your the
first to flock to these box stores to save ten cents on an item that you
could buy Made in U.S.A. but you don't support your local union
brotherhood
of highly paid flunky monkeys...

Sorry...I don't shop at Wal-Mart, and neither do any of the union people
I know. Never did like the place. But it seems to be your kind of place.

You are too funny!

Gould 0738

Feeding the moron troll, and posting OT.

Goodbye forever...

*ploink*

--
-Netsock

Good thing that all of Netsock's posts are informative and on-topic. Where
would we be without him?