Tim Tim is offline

Default battery question

Interesting what the website states:

"The most affordable stern drive package on the market is the ideal
family fun package, with features of boats costing twice as much."

Knowing of Bayliners past reputation, does this mean you get double
the bang for your buck? or you get half the quality of boat you should
have?

Just kidding.

I hope David has lots of fun with his boat for quite some time.

Don White wrote:
"jim78565" wrote in message
http://www.bayliner.com/bowriders.asp?modelid=78825

So...it's a 135hp MerCruiser.
I suppose that's nothing to a big time operator like you.
~~ Snerk ~~

Hey! I was just trying to help you out since you seem to be at the lower
end of the learning curve. You still don't get it. you're hopeless.

Don White wrote:
"jim78565" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
"david" wrote in message
Hi. We just bought a new Bayliner 175 and put her in the water for the
first time the other day. The battery was dead (and bad, it turns
out), although I had started the boat the night before our trip. No
matter. We pulled the boat out and had Advance Auto Parts install a
new battery. Worked fine and we had a good day, except I noticed later
that the battery is a marine *deep cycle* rather than a standard
marine battery. I've heard deep cycles aren't really intended for
engine starting; what do you all think? Should I get a marine starting
battery or just live with what I have. Thanks.

-- david
Wonder if you have a true Marine Deep Cycle battery or the combo type
Marine Deep Cycle/Starting battery?
If the former, I'd be concerned...they aren't designed for the large
outpit needed to crank a large engine.
http://www.magnacharge.com/mchg_all....20Deep%20Cycle

http://www.rollsbattery.com/#

Bayliner 175 with a Large engine? Donny, stick to beer fetchin for yur kid
and leave the boating advice to folks who know a little bit about boats.

Well numbnuts...I'm sure it has a bigger engine than your dinghy... hold
on..you don't even have a boat, do you?

Hold THIS, dingy boy!

Don White wrote:
"jim78565" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
"jim78565" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
"david" wrote in message
[...]

Donny,
Before you let your pie hole emit more ignorance, here's a link to the
boat in question. Let's see if you are capable of learning anything.

Duh!

Well said!

jim78565 wrote:
Don White wrote:
"jim78565" wrote in message
http://www.bayliner.com/bowriders.asp?modelid=78825

So...it's a 135hp MerCruiser.
I suppose that's nothing to a big time operator like you.
~~ Snerk ~~

Hey! I was just trying to help you out since you seem to be at the lower
end of the learning curve. You still don't get it. you're hopeless.

He has a rowboat with a 25hp Johnson. A mighty vessel!

"jim78565" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
"jim78565" wrote in message
http://www.bayliner.com/bowriders.asp?modelid=78825

So...it's a 135hp MerCruiser.
I suppose that's nothing to a big time operator like you.
~~ Snerk ~~

Hey! I was just trying to help you out since you seem to be at the lower
end of the learning curve. You still don't get it. you're hopeless.

Help me out??
I'd like to help you out........and slam the door behind you.

HK HK is offline

Don White wrote:
"jim78565" wrote in message
Don White wrote:
"jim78565" wrote in message
http://www.bayliner.com/bowriders.asp?modelid=78825
So...it's a 135hp MerCruiser.
I suppose that's nothing to a big time operator like you.
~~ Snerk ~~

Hey! I was just trying to help you out since you seem to be at the lower
end of the learning curve. You still don't get it. you're hopeless.

Help me out??
I'd like to help you out........and slam the door behind you.

You don't walk turds like floridajim out the door...you flush them.

wrote in message
On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 14:57:04 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

anyhow, the Deep Cycle battery I had in my Pontiac had no problem
cranking over the 455 c.i.d. regardless of weather.

That is what touches on the difference. "starting batteries" usually
have better cold weather performance but they like to be charged
between starts.
Deep cycle batteries are probably better suited to the abuse the
average boater puts a battery through.

There are deep cycles, deep cycle starting batteries, and starting
batteries. The true deep cycle may not run a starter as they can not
provide the large instant amperage. Plates are thick and not as much
surface area. Deep cycle / starting are not as good deep cycle but have
more surface area and provide good instant current flow. Starting, have
lots of surface area, lots of instant current flow and thin plates. Deep
cycle them and the thin plates can warp and short out. But will turn over
high current starters. The thicker plates for less warpage and more empty
space under them, so sluffing off off of oxides due to lots of chargings do
not short out the plates. Most marine batteries in the local parts stores
are strating/deep cycle types.

On Apr 26, 3:00*pm, david wrote:
Hi. We just bought a new Bayliner 175 and put her in the water for the
first time the other day. The battery was dead (and bad, it turns
out), although I had started the boat the night before our trip. No
matter. We pulled the boat out and had Advance Auto Parts install a
new battery. Worked fine and we had a good day, except I noticed later
that the battery is a marine *deep cycle* rather than a standard
marine battery. I've heard deep cycles aren't really intended for
engine starting; what do you all think? Should I get a marine starting
battery or just live with what I have. Thanks.

-- david

The Deep Cycle have more Reserve. If you out using Radios, lights,
etc. It's all I use in my Boat. I am installing a second Battery this
year.It's be a Standard Car Battery.Run out to the fishing spot on
both, then shut down to the Deep Cycle while trolling. It still
charges both.If the deep gets low, switch to the other to get home.

Let's hope the former. From what I've read recently, Bayliner has
tried pretty hard to overcome its past reputation. In any event, we
own it now; it was what we could afford today rather than wait until
"some future date" when we "had the money" (yeah, sure); and, *my wife
is very happy* (she grew up on the Chesapeake Bay). That last point
settles it.

Thanks for the info and humor!

-- david

Battery Question Tim General 6 March 9th 08 02:31 PM
Another battery question Jim Woodard Cruising 6 March 9th 04 01:47 AM
Battery question Belgian Cruising 11 March 6th 04 07:01 PM
Battery question me Boat Building 5 January 7th 04 12:38 AM
Battery Question Bobsprit ASA 3 October 25th 03 03:23 AM