Default Yamaha F150 10 hour service

Sorry to break into this political group but,
I bought the Hydra Sport 202 DC with the F150.
I like it.
Rides well for a 20 ft. boat.
Does 40 mph with 2 adults and 2 kids, cruises nice at 25 - 30.

Anyway, the dealer wants $225 for 10 hr. service.
Do I have to use a factory authorized service?
The parts list for it is lube oil for the lower unit.

On the other hand, maybe having the computer logs checked out is worth
the price.
HK HK is offline

Calif Bill wrote:
wrote in message
Sorry to break into this political group but,
I bought the Hydra Sport 202 DC with the F150.
I like it.
Rides well for a 20 ft. boat.
Does 40 mph with 2 adults and 2 kids, cruises nice at 25 - 30.

Anyway, the dealer wants $225 for 10 hr. service.
Do I have to use a factory authorized service?
The parts list for it is lube oil for the lower unit.

On the other hand, maybe having the computer logs checked out is worth
the price.

Since it is the first checkup, I would go with the dealer.

My dealer ran my new F150 in its test tank for a few hours to check out
the engine (they do this with all new rigs), and then told me to bring
it back for a 20-hour checkup, during which they would computer check
the engine, and replace the filters, all at no cost to me.

Same dealer did this with my older F225, too.

These are very expensive engines, and for the most part, do not lend
themselves to owner service, since so much of what is checked is checked
via computer.

wrote in message
Sorry to break into this political group but,
I bought the Hydra Sport 202 DC with the F150.

Anyway, the dealer wants $225 for 10 hr. service.
Do I have to use a factory authorized service?
The parts list for it is lube oil for the lower unit.

Here a link to the official Yamaha maintenance chart and what they want done
on EFI 4-strokes at different intervals, including the 10 hr. check. As you
can see, it's a lot more than changing gear oil. Go through the list with
your dealer to make sure what exactly is being done according to the chart.
Ask for a copy of the engine report printout also.

Bill Grannis
service manager

"Billgran" wrote in message
ng.com...

Here a link to the official Yamaha maintenance chart and what they want
done on EFI 4-strokes at different intervals, including the 10 hr. check.
As you can see, it's a lot more than changing gear oil.

Damn! Must be getting old as I forgot to post the link.

http://66.221.91.35/TechPhotos/Yamah...I%20Models.pdf

On Apr 20, 1:55*pm, HK wrote:

These are very expensive engines, and for the most part, do not lend
themselves to owner service, since so much of what is checked is checked
via computer.- Hide quoted text -

At at one time this guy claimed to have a degree in mechanical
engineering!!!! bwaaahaaa!!!