jps

Default Those Spend but Don't Pay for It Republicans

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Another Republican trying to bankrupt us and our children...

Bush's $87 billion figure is the largest emergency spending request since
the opening months of World War II, according to Pat Towell, a defense
fellow at the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments. The emergency
spending act that followed the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, and the launching
of the war in Afghanistan totaled $20 billion.

To put it in perspective, Bush hopes to spend more in Iraq and Afghanistan
than all 50 states say they need -- $78 billion -- to finance the budget
shortfalls they anticipate for 2004.

The request is higher than the $74 billion the Defense Department plans to
spend on all new weapons purchases next year, and higher than the $29.5
billion the Education Department hopes to spend on elementary and secondary
education plus the $41.3 billion the administration plans to spend to defend
the homeland.

With $166 billion spent or requested, Bush's war spending in 2003 and 2004
already exceeds the inflation-adjusted costs of the Revolutionary War, the
War of 1812, the Mexican War, the Civil War, the Spanish American War and
the Persian Gulf War combined, according to a study by Yale University
economist William D. Nordhaus. The Iraq war approaches the $191 billion
inflation-adjusted cost of World War I

Gould 0738

Aren't there something like 20-million people in Iraq?

This 87 billion ought to just about do it.
Pay every man, woman, and child in Iraq just over $4mm apiece to move.
Anywhere.
Unless my math is bad, we are proposing to spend $4mm per living Iraqi to
rebuild the country. Why bother? Clear the entire country of anybody living
anywhere. No problems administering the government. With a family of four Iraqi
tent dwellers suddenly worth $16mm US, they ought to be able to get a VISA to
live anywhere on the planet.

Once we clear out every single Iraqi, their $4mm in hand, we could safely
assume that anybody left in the country was probably hanging around to
terrorize our oil wells, and we could deal with them accordingly.

If we were to adopt this as our foreign policy, the fantasy that residents of
the countries we invade would greet us with flowers, smiles, and glad tidings
would most certainly come true. We'd have countries just begging to be
overthrown.

Backyard Renegade

h"jps" wrote in message ...
"Gould 0738" wrote in message
[...]

That money is already targeted for Haliburton, Brown & Roote, Bechtel, etc.
We can only afford corporate welfare, not humanitarian aide!!! Goodness
sakes man, get a grip!

you know if the two of you keep getting into these little daily circle
jerks you are going to go blinder than you already are now. How about
just one post with solutions instead of twisted agenda driven lies and
drivel...
Dave Hall

jps wrote:

[...]

Yep, you're right. This dang war is just too expensive. We should just
stop right now. Pull out, tuck our tails between our legs and return
home. We should then send a broadcast out to all terrorists to please
not attack us, since not only do we not have the resolve to fight back,
we also don't have the money.....

Can you say "open season"? sure you can.......

Dave

bb

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 14:59:01 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

Gould, could you please break that down into $$ per barrel of oil?

bb

The oil that's supposed to flow through pipelines which have been sabotaged
AFTER the "end of the war"?

Please be reasonable Doug. You have to end to the war to stop the
killing and wounding of soldiers. What are you, some kind of traitor?
Going to war is good for votes. Getting bogged down in a long term
conflict isn't good for votes. Solution, land on a carrier 20 miles
offshore and declare the war over. What's the problem?

bb

Doug Kanter

wrote:

Gould, could you please break that down into $$ per barrel of oil?

bb

The oil that's supposed to flow through pipelines which have been

sabotaged
AFTER the "end of the war"?

Please be reasonable Doug. You have to end to the war to stop the
killing and wounding of soldiers. What are you, some kind of traitor?
Going to war is good for votes. Getting bogged down in a long term
conflict isn't good for votes. Solution, land on a carrier 20 miles
offshore and declare the war over. What's the problem?

bb

I'm sorry. I forgot. I will immediately surrender myself to the FBI for a
tune-up.

jps

"Backyard Renegade" wrote in message
om...

you know if the two of you keep getting into these little daily circle
jerks you are going to go blinder than you already are now. How about
just one post with solutions instead of twisted agenda driven lies and
drivel...

I'm just going to do it 'til I need glasses.

jps

"Dave Hall" wrote in message
jps wrote:

[...]

Should've had better information going in. We were in a rush to avoid the
hot weather. Bad estimates on WMDs, bad estimates of oil revenues, bad
estimates of Iraq infrastructure -- even though we had people on the ground
in Iraq for months prior to invasion.

This administration are pie in the sky enthusiasts. They should be
restricted to running paint ball wars.

Then they could clean up with a little soap and water instead of putting our
country in deep **** and in hawk up to our ears.

Time for another tax cut Dave?

Doug Kanter

"jps" wrote in message

This administration are pie in the sky enthusiasts. They should be
restricted to running paint ball wars.

Remember, this is the president who, when asked during his campaign what his
pastimes were, told reporters he spent a couple of hours a day playing video
games. And, when asked about his reading habits, said he read the
newspapers, but not much else.

Lights on, nobody home.