Dave Hall

Default Those Spend but Don't Pay for It Republicans

jps wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Another Republican trying to bankrupt us and our children...

Bush's $87 billion figure is the largest emergency spending request since
the opening months of World War II, according to Pat Towell, a defense
fellow at the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments. The emergency
spending act that followed the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, and the launching
of the war in Afghanistan totaled $20 billion.

To put it in perspective, Bush hopes to spend more in Iraq and Afghanistan
than all 50 states say they need -- $78 billion -- to finance the budget
shortfalls they anticipate for 2004.

The request is higher than the $74 billion the Defense Department plans to
spend on all new weapons purchases next year, and higher than the $29.5
billion the Education Department hopes to spend on elementary and secondary
education plus the $41.3 billion the administration plans to spend to defend
the homeland.

With $166 billion spent or requested, Bush's war spending in 2003 and 2004
already exceeds the inflation-adjusted costs of the Revolutionary War, the
War of 1812, the Mexican War, the Civil War, the Spanish American War and
the Persian Gulf War combined, according to a study by Yale University
economist William D. Nordhaus. The Iraq war approaches the $191 billion
inflation-adjusted cost of World War I

Yep, you're right. This dang war is just too expensive. We should just
stop right now. Pull out, tuck our tails between our legs and return
home. We should then send a broadcast out to all terrorists to please
not attack us, since not only do we not have the resolve to fight back,
we also don't have the money.....

Can you say "open season"? sure you can.......

Dave