Default Manual or CD?

Searching the mounds of info on Google and ebay. Seems there are some
manuals to be had with the price all over the place. Availability seems to
be the variable. I have seen inexpensive CDs of this motor. Are they as
good as the manuals?

Steve

wrote in message
On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 21:15:20 -0600, "SteveB"
wrote:

Searching the mounds of info on Google and ebay. Seems there are some
manuals to be had with the price all over the place. Availability seems
be the variable. I have seen inexpensive CDs of this motor. Are they as
good as the manuals?

Steve

As a general rule CD suck as shop manuals. Are you going to keep
running back to the computer to look at the book?
Even if you have a lap top it still sucks.
IBM put all of our books on the laptop for hardware guys and nobody I
knew liked it for actually working on stuff. If you are a desk bound
support person books on PC are good but not in the field.

I kinda figgered that would be the way it was.

Thanks

Steve

wrote:

Searching the mounds of info on Google and ebay. Seems there are some
manuals to be had with the price all over the place. Availability seems to
be the variable. I have seen inexpensive CDs of this motor. Are they as
good as the manuals?

Steve

As a general rule CD suck as shop manuals. Are you going to keep
running back to the computer to look at the book?
Even if you have a lap top it still sucks.
IBM put all of our books on the laptop for hardware guys and nobody I
knew liked it for actually working on stuff. If you are a desk bound
support person books on PC are good but not in the field.

While what was previously said is true, there are other considerations.
I have all of my manual online even the ones I have had to copy for
the following reasons:

1) I can always find them. This is a big point.
2) I can actually take time to read the manual because it is easily
accessed and can be done between naps, TV programs, etc. Positive for
the hard copy is that it can be taken into the reading room.
3) I can study the manual in comfort, or look up something that I
thought of while working in the shop that did not need immediate
resolutions.
4) When I do need the manual in the shop, I then print out those things
that I need and take the copies into the shop.
5) If I need several paragraphs across as many pages I can copy them
into the word processor and have one or two page procedure for the
operation I am performing. NO paper clips, hammers or other tools to
keep the pages easily available.
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

Searching the mounds of info on Google and ebay. *Seems there are some
manuals to be had with the price all over the place. *Availability seems
be the variable. *I have seen inexpensive CDs of this motor. *Are they as
good as the manuals?

Steve

As a general rule CD suck as shop manuals. Are you going to keep
running back to the computer to look at the book?
Even if you have a lap top it still sucks.
IBM put all of our books on the laptop for hardware guys and nobody I
knew liked it for actually working on stuff. If you are a desk bound
support person books on PC are good but not in the field.

I kinda figgered that would be the way it was.

Thanks

Steve

I have Mercruiser manuals for mine. i dont' ahve to print them off, i
can take them with me, I dont' need a computer to store the info. I
dont't ahve to blindly hunt through file pages to find what I want.

i buy the manuals (used) cheap off ebay.

Help W?Calmec manual Gordon Electronics 1 March 21st 06 06:58 PM
Anyone need a manual for an RVG windvane? Dan Best Cruising 0 September 18th 04 11:40 PM
Workshop Manual Brian UK Power Boats 2 April 14th 04 11:03 PM
Dufour 27" manual NewsGrups ASA 1 September 28th 03 05:50 PM
Work Sop Manual robin.bastard UK Power Boats 0 August 28th 03 10:21 PM