Tim Tim is offline

Default 125-1 rescued from ice in Lake Erie.

http://news.aol.com/article/lake-erie-rescue/333225

This is very odd but amazing.

On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 15:14:02 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

http://news.aol.com/article/lake-erie-rescue/333225

This is very odd but amazing.

Damn Global Warming. I'm sure this will get blamed on Bush, it's just
a matter of time.

wrote:

http://news.aol.com/article/lake-erie-rescue/333225

This is very odd but amazing.

Doesn't this happen every year on Lake Erie?

--

"Never fight an inanimate object."

P.J. O'Rourke
Senior Member

wrote:

http://news.aol.com/article/lake-erie-rescue/333225

This is very odd but amazing.

Doesn't this happen every year on Lake Erie?

--

"Never fight an inanimate object."

P.J. O'Rourke

I just heard an interview from law enforcement. The guy was pretty
****ed about a "$40,000" rescue "putting firefighters and CG in
peril". He has put an emergency mandate in effect, anybody on the ice
will be "put in jail"... Didn't catch his positition or area of
jurisdiction, just caught the end of the interview.

wrote:

http://news.aol.com/article/lake-erie-rescue/333225

This is very odd but amazing.

Doesn't this happen every year on Lake Erie?

--

"Never fight an inanimate object."

P.J. O'Rourke

I just heard an interview from law enforcement. The guy was pretty
****ed about a "$40,000" rescue "putting firefighters and CG in
peril". He has put an emergency mandate in effect, anybody on the ice
will be "put in jail"... Didn't catch his positition or area of
jurisdiction, just caught the end of the interview.

-----------------------------------

I listened to the interview. The reporter wanted to talk about the rescue,
etc., and the sheriff just kept going back to blasting the
"non-professional" fishing idiots that were on the ice.
He was really ****ed off.

Towards the end, the reporter asked if there were any signs or anything
warning people to stay off the ice. He admitted that there were not.

Eisboch

wrote:

[...]

This usually happens every year on Lake Simcoe. Cars, huts, and
snowsleds lost in the drink. Ice fisherman are so hardcore up here,
they disregard safety a lot of the time. With the warm spell, The
Thames river is ready to break, and the Pickeral fishing will be hot
and heavy.
The ministry has started closing the river to fishing at times. This
only to help the Pickeral Sows spawn, after that, she's wide open.

wrote:

[...]

Wow, the ice melts every year there? Amazing!

wrote:

http://news.aol.com/article/lake-erie-rescue/333225

This is very odd but amazing.

Doesn't this happen every year on Lake Erie?

The ice melting or idiots getting stuck on the melting ice?

Lake Erie Corsair23 General 26 October 6th 07 03:37 AM
Lake Erie Boaters? Jim Carter General 8 December 14th 05 03:55 PM
Would like Lake Erie reports Roger Long Cruising 13 December 20th 04 04:27 PM
Another Lake Erie questions Roger Long Cruising 10 December 10th 04 03:45 AM
Some Lake Erie Boaters jeff® General 2 August 18th 04 03:58 AM