HK HK is offline

Default Who's gonna' win the Stupor Bowl?

Eisboch wrote:

"HK" wrote in message
thunder wrote:
On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 18:49:57 -0500, HK wrote:

Fast food typically is loaded with salt.

Fast food? Damn near all food is loaded with salt. If you are on a
no salt diet, you have to pay very close attention. Things I never
would have expected have considerable salt content.

Yeah...it's everywhere. I'm not on a no-salt diet. I just consciously
avoid it where and when I can.

Damned hard to find a decent cereal not loaded up with sugar. I never
liked overly sweet sugary cereals.

Cheerios. Either regular or Honey Nut. Dry. No milk.

Eisboch

Yup. One of my all-time lifetime favorites. I like it with 1% milk or as
a dry snack.

Senior Member

On Feb 1, 7:06*pm, thunder wrote:
On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 18:49:57 -0500, HK wrote:
Fast food typically is loaded with salt.

Fast food? *Damn near all food is loaded with salt. *If you are on a no
salt diet, you have to pay very close attention. *Things I never would
have expected have considerable salt content.

Had my first fast food in months last night on the way to dropping The
Mouse at her first Sweet 16 party. Since I got out of the hospital I
can count the premade or restaraunt food I have eaten on one hand. We
are using morton half salt and Mrs. Dash as well as cumin and a few
others.. We are making everything from raw scratch now and I am living
on fruit and veggies.. Not so bad as I like most fruit.

We make a lot of Walnut and Almond butter with cinnamon in the food
processor, all three ingredients are good for cholesterol too...
Oatmeal, egg beaters... etc.. I been doing real good..
Senior Member

On Feb 1, 7:13*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

thunder wrote:
On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 18:49:57 -0500, HK wrote:

Fast food typically is loaded with salt.

Fast food? *Damn near all food is loaded with salt. *If you are on a no
salt diet, you have to pay very close attention. *Things I never would
have expected have considerable salt content.

Yeah...it's everywhere. I'm not on a no-salt diet. I just consciously
avoid it where and when I can.

Damned hard to find a decent cereal not loaded up with sugar. I never
liked overly sweet sugary cereals.

Cheerios. *Either regular or Honey Nut. *Dry. *No milk.

Eisboch

Special K, Shredded wheat... a few others. But salt is the hardest
thing to avoid, even the so called "low salt" **** is full of it.. I
make a lot of chickens and put them in my 16 bean stew.. It is one of
my favs...

wrote in message
On Feb 1, 5:39 pm, wrote:
So guys, I say Steelers.. Harry will say something ignorant about
everyone else What's the spread?

I decided to BBQ a chicken in lieu of the usual wings this year,
little less fat. Also found salt free chips from UTZ, they are not too
bad once you get used to them, I a have been eating them for about a
month now, pretty good...

Who gives a ****, dummy. Once again, the Dwarf Army Corporal posts a
non-boat related garbage post.

Corporal?? More like a 'rank private'.

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"HK" wrote in message
thunder wrote:
On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 18:49:57 -0500, HK wrote:

Fast food typically is loaded with salt.

Fast food? Damn near all food is loaded with salt. If you are on a no
salt diet, you have to pay very close attention. Things I never would
have expected have considerable salt content.

Yeah...it's everywhere. I'm not on a no-salt diet. I just consciously
avoid it where and when I can.

Damned hard to find a decent cereal not loaded up with sugar. I never
liked overly sweet sugary cereals.

Cheerios. Either regular or Honey Nut. Dry. No milk.

Eisboch

Only thing I now salt are sliced tomatoes and hard boiled eggs. We gave up
salt in 1973. Another California drought and pregnant wife. The local
water supply where we lived came out of the Sacramento river delta and the
salt had intruded up river. Health warnings for cardiac people. So we
stopped using salt in cooking. Did use some last night as was pickling some
pork butt for red beans and rice.

Senior Member

On Feb 1, 6:13*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
wrote in message

So guys, I say Steelers.. Harry will say something ignorant about
everyone else What's the spread?

I decided to BBQ a chicken in lieu of the usual wings this year,
little less fat. Also found salt free chips from UTZ, they are not too
bad once you get used to them, I a have been eating them for about a
month now, pretty good...

Hard to get too excited, but I'm pulling for the Cardinals. *Never won and
deserve a victory.

Eisboch

8:24 left and I am finding myself rooting for Arizona.. Oh well, if it
ain't the Pats..... Go Red.. Hey, their uniforms are the same color
as my new racing uniform anyway
Senior Member

On Feb 1, 8:22*pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
"Eisboch" wrote in message

"HK" wrote in message
thunder wrote:
[...]

pork butt for red beans and rice.- Hide quoted text -

Couple of weeks back I picked up a BP monitor with irregular heartbeat
sensor. I write down everything I eat since I got out and track fats
and salt, I can directly relate salt to Blood Pressure, it's so
defined, I never knew that...

wrote in message

8:24 left and I am finding myself rooting for Arizona.. Oh well, if it
ain't the Pats..... Go Red.. Hey, their uniforms are the same color
as my new racing uniform anyway

2:37 left

Hell of an exciting game. Nice comeback!

Eisboch

On Feb 1, 8:05*pm, "Don White" wrote:
wrote in message

On Feb 1, 5:39 pm, wrote:

So guys, I say Steelers.. Harry will say something ignorant about
everyone else What's the spread?

I decided to BBQ a chicken in lieu of the usual wings this year,
little less fat. Also found salt free chips from UTZ, they are not too
bad once you get used to them, I a have been eating them for about a
month now, pretty good...

Who gives a ****, dummy. Once again, the Dwarf Army Corporal posts a
non-boat related garbage post.

Corporal?? *More like a 'rank private'.

Latrine Commander???????

wrote in message
On Feb 1, 5:39 pm, wrote:
So guys, I say Steelers.. Harry will say something ignorant about
everyone else What's the spread?

I decided to BBQ a chicken in lieu of the usual wings this year,
little less fat. Also found salt free chips from UTZ, they are not too
bad once you get used to them, I a have been eating them for about a
month now, pretty good...

Who gives a ****, dummy. Once again, the Dwarf Army Corporal posts a
non-boat related garbage post.

....and you respond to it. Well done lemming.

--Mike