Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to alt.aol.tricks,alt.machines.cnc,misc.survivalism,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.boats

Default Google confirms what the rest of the world already thought

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 20:48:11 GMT, DaveG wrote:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/01...an_stereotype/

American Stereotype™ walks Google's mean Street View

Gun? Check. Liquor? Check

We're fully aware that some of our UK readers have pretty well decided
that the average American wears a baseball cap, Harley-Davidson
sweatshirt, jeans and cowboy boots and walks the mean streets of the Land
of the Free with a hunting rifle while swigging from a bottle of hard
liquor.

Nothing, of course, could be further from the truth, as this snap from
Google's Street View shows: see link above for image

Splendid. Doubtless our US friend is on his way to a fellow NRA member's
trailer park home to watch the baseball while washing down pork rinds
with a coupla six-packs, as is the local custom.

Good point.
--
Cliff