Default Quite possibly the ultimate center console

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 12:28:18 -0500, HK wrote:

Sorta depends on what one finds interesting and exciting. Banging around
at high speeds in a boat doesn't do much for me.

Translated:

Harry's wife will not buy him a fast boat or pay for the fuel to run
it.

Maybe it's time for an increase in your allowance? Try doing some
extra chores around the house and see if she notices. Better yet,
look for a steady day job.
HK HK is offline

Wayne.B wrote:
On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 12:28:18 -0500, HK wrote:

Sorta depends on what one finds interesting and exciting. Banging around
at high speeds in a boat doesn't do much for me.

Translated:

Harry's wife will not buy him a fast boat or pay for the fuel to run
it.

Poor W'hine. Stuck with an old barge of a houseboat-trawler that needs
constant repairs. Is your other tranny ready to go teats-up?

Sorry, W'hine, but bumping along at high speeds in the ocean or bay is
just not something I have ever enjoyed. One of my old SeaPro's could
touch 50+ mph in the Bay, and I doubt if I ever ran it that fast more
than once. You can't see anything in front of you in the water when you
go that fast (like a semi-submerged log or a crabpot), it burns an
incredible amount of fuel, and if there is any sort of chop, it's not
comfortable.

On Jan 28, 11:28*am, HK wrote:
Calif Bill wrote:
"HK" wrote in message
Wayne.B wrote:
We saw one of these in Key West last week with quad 300s on it:

http://www.yellowfinyachts.com/42running.htm

With 600 gallons of fuel you should be able to run most of the day at
cruising speed.

Y-a-w-n. Boring. Wasteful. Stupid.

May be wasteful, but with quad 300's would not be boring.

Sorta depends on what one finds interesting and exciting. Banging around
at high speeds in a boat doesn't do much for me.

Herr Krause.
Boating in general has little appeal to you.

On Jan 28, 12:13*pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
"HK" wrote in message

Wayne.B wrote:
We saw one of these in Key West last week with quad 300s on it:

http://www.yellowfinyachts.com/42running.htm

With 600 gallons of fuel you should be able to run most of the day at
cruising speed.

Y-a-w-n. Boring. Wasteful. Stupid.

May be wasteful, but with quad 300's would not be boring.

Look below at Harry's response!!!!!
Let's see, he doesn't like fast boats because he doesn't have one.
He's stated that he doesn't like trawler type boats like Wayne's
because they are too slow (really because he doesn't have one).
Typical Harry for you, if he doesn't have it, it's not worth having,
just ask him.
In other words WAFA

"HK" wrote in message

Wayne.B wrote:
We saw one of these in Key West last week with quad 300s on it:

http://www.yellowfinyachts.com/42running.htm

With 600 gallons of fuel you should be able to run most of the day at
cruising speed.

Y-a-w-n. Boring. Wasteful. Stupid.

May be wasteful, but with quad 300's would not be boring.

Look below at Harry's response!!!!!
Let's see, he doesn't like fast boats because he doesn't have one.
He's stated that he doesn't like trawler type boats like Wayne's
because they are too slow (really because he doesn't have one).
Typical Harry for you, if he doesn't have it, it's not worth having,
just ask him.
In other words WAFA

I wish I had a camera at the boat show. By far the plainest most
boring and pooly designed boats there were the Parkers, even if they
are supposed to be well built. Tom showed me the boat Harry used to
have, it was funny. It had at least a 10 square foot hole in the
transom, almost down to the water level with a cheesy peice of plastic
screwed in front of it to keep back water. The cheesy piece of plastic
was not much higher than the motor mount transom, it was terrible. The
lines were square and there is no need for that in this day and age.
Cheap and lazy, and the sides were a mess, wavy and cheap looking,
just a plain ugly boat with way too many flaws...

On Jan 28, 8:20*am, HK wrote:
Wayne.B wrote:
We saw one of these in Key West last week with quad 300s on it:

http://www.yellowfinyachts.com/42running.htm

With 600 gallons of fuel you should be able to run most of the day at
cruising speed.

Y-a-w-n. Boring. Wasteful. Stupid.

Of course it's boring, Harry. nothing political in it.

Yeah, Wayne. how DARE you post a boating link in rec.boats!

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
We saw one of these in Key West last week with quad 300s on it:

http://www.yellowfinyachts.com/42running.htm

With 600 gallons of fuel you should be able to run most of the day at
cruising speed.

I've been out on a choppy Buzzard's Bay in a smaller Yellowfin (36', IIRC)
with tripower.
Glanced at the GPS at one point and it indicated 62 mph, yet was one of the
smoothest, soft rides I've ever experienced. Nice boat if you are into
that type.

Eisboch

HK HK is offline

Eisboch wrote:

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
We saw one of these in Key West last week with quad 300s on it:

http://www.yellowfinyachts.com/42running.htm

With 600 gallons of fuel you should be able to run most of the day at
cruising speed.

I've been out on a choppy Buzzard's Bay in a smaller Yellowfin (36',
IIRC) with tripower.
Glanced at the GPS at one point and it indicated 62 mph, yet was one of
the smoothest, soft rides I've ever experienced. Nice boat if you are
into that type.

Eisboch

No doubts about that. Very nice boats. I like a couple of the smaller
ones. Wouldn't consider an outboard boat these days with big horsepower
twins or trips or worse.

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 09:14:05 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

We saw one of these in Key West last week with quad 300s on it:

http://www.yellowfinyachts.com/42running.htm

With 600 gallons of fuel you should be able to run most of the day at
cruising speed.

My kind of boat.

WHOO HOO!!!
--