Default Towing with the Nissan

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Eisboch" wrote in message

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

I see that Clinton's nomination was approved 48-2. That's interesting.

48-2

I guess I'll never understand politics and politicians.

How is one who has demonstrated (and basically acknowledged) that they
make up stories and repeatedly lie to the media and voters, then, when
caught, arrogantly shrug it off, get appointed to important positions
like Secretary of State?

And to top it off, she's considered to be an outstanding, world class
leader by many.
No wonder this country is going down the tubes. Honesty and integrity
are no longer qualification requirements for much of anything.

Unreal.

Eisboch

And yet, she's respected by congress, and according to what I've read, has
a good relationship with the Pentagon, which could be a good thing
considering what we're involved with lately.

Says a lot about congress huh? Liars and cheats welcome.

Eisboch

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 09:30:46 -0500, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Jan 22, 9:13 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"Eisboch" wrote in message

[...]

what we're involved with lately.- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, I wonder how many who "respect" her also had the privelage of
having her scour their FBI records for a couple of years last time she
was in the Oval Office... You don't really think those 2500 or so
carefully picked folders sat quietly on the floor of her office for
two years do you?

===================

Tell me why she was approved so easily by congress yesterday.

Because ethics and integrity are a thing of the past in the Senate and the
House. Yesterday gave an indication that perhaps there is a little left in
the new President. I hope his appointees don't let him down. But, if he
tries to carry the ethics bit too far, Pelosi and Reid will shut him down
quickly.
--
John H

* He who dies with the most toys is nonetheless DEAD*

"Eisboch" wrote in message

[...]

Oh, come on. Congress is on a roll. Very few are going to stick their
neck out at the moment.

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message

[...]

We shall see. I suspect "Yes sir" won't be big in her discussions with
Obama, which was the situation with Rice & Bush. I like that. Bush ran a
monolithic show, according to insiders. That's not good, although it's not
surprising for certain types of people.

Senior Member

"Eisboch" wrote in message

news:hsmdnQBP3bw4vOXUnZ2dnUVZ_rbinZ2d@giganews. com...

[...]

surprising for certain types of people.- Hide quoted text -

Which insiders? You and Harry? Or are you talking about fired aids and
glory seekers?

"Eisboch" wrote in message

[...]

My comments are not anti-Obama. I sincerely wish him to succeed. But, in
order to avoid mistakes of the past, I think it's important to hold people
to their promises and their proclamations of principles. To start off a
new administration by glossing over some of the questions related to key
appointees is taking the first baby step towards an acceptance and tolerance
of much more. We should have learned our lessons from the past
administration and insist that the new one doesn't fall off the track.

Eisboch

"Eisboch" wrote in message

[...]

1) They've been liars, cheats and idiots at least since Mark Twain's time,
when he said "Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of
Congress. But I repeat myself."

2) A fixed percentage of the voting population is comprised of people who
can't think and believe reading is a sign of demonic possession or elitism.
This will never change, so we will never have as many brilliant people in
congress as we'd like. Idiot voters find them threatening. We can hope for
more people like Daniel Patrick Moynihan, but it's unrealistic to whine when
we don't find them. Even Newt Gingrich, who's a hypocritical piece of ****,
is a pretty smart guy and has some good things to say about government.

3) Got three names you'd would've liked to see offered for Secretary of
State? How about the Defense Department, in case Gates doesn't stick around?

"Eisboch" wrote in message

[...]

=========================

When I'm driving around and listening to the grownup news, I keep a notepad
in the car so I can jot down hard-to-remember names of people being
interviewed. I do this for just one reason: So I can relay the names to
people like you who do NOT listen to the grownup news. I'll go out to the
car later and get the list for you.

Ha.

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

3) Got three names you'd would've liked to see offered for Secretary of
State? How about the Defense Department, in case Gates doesn't stick
around?

I am hardly qualified to know or suggest. However, my instinct would be
to look beyond current office holding politicians with baggage and favors
owed.

How was Henry Kissinger "discovered"? He didn't hold any previous
appointed or elected office that I know of and is (arguably) considered to
be one of the best Secretary of State office holders (for his time in
history).

From what I read, Gates is honest and is his own man. Keep him.

Eisboch

Senior Member

"Eisboch" wrote in message

[...]

Ha.- Hide quoted text -

Ha! I see, if I don't listen to the same sources as you (and I listen
to news all day) my news is not grown up.. You sound like my daughter,
so sure of herself but only listens to NPR and the New York Lies...
She feels however that she is more "enlightened" than I even though I
listen to NPR and several other sources, way more than her. What do
you consider "grown up news"?

Chrysler Nissan M4-33? padeen Cruising 6 January 5th 16 08:32 PM
Nissan outboard G3 General 4 March 20th 06 03:32 PM
Nissan Outboards? OC General 3 November 28th 04 04:40 PM
FS: Nissan Outboard in NY Bobsprit General 2 October 20th 04 12:58 PM
FS: Nissan Outboard in NY Bobsprit Marketplace 0 October 19th 04 09:11 PM