Default 1979 47' Post Convertible....

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Wizard of Woodstock" wrote in message
http://tinyurl.com/8wq6ze

Entire boat, when it arrived at the shop, was gutted out - the only
thing left was the basic hull and super structure plus the newly
rebuilt twin D-671 turbos.

The kitchen cabinets were done by the owner from scratch as was the
salon - all hand made and fitted. The entire bridge was rebuilt
including the control console along with the hard top. The interior
was all hand made - I had a minor involvement with the electronics
installation.

Took the owner two years from start to finish.

I think I know that boat.

Eisboch

First name basis? ;)

"Calif Bill" wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message

"Wizard of Woodstock" wrote in message
http://tinyurl.com/8wq6ze

Entire boat, when it arrived at the shop, was gutted out - the only
thing left was the basic hull and super structure plus the newly
rebuilt twin D-671 turbos.

The kitchen cabinets were done by the owner from scratch as was the
salon - all hand made and fitted. The entire bridge was rebuilt
including the control console along with the hard top. The interior
was all hand made - I had a minor involvement with the electronics
installation.

Took the owner two years from start to finish.

I think I know that boat.

Eisboch

First name basis? ;)

It's either the boat and owner I know, or it's a weird coincidence. Two
years ago a guy brought his 46' Post to our marina for a complete refurbish
and repower over the winter. The boat had the same name as well, "Blue
Horizon".

But the dates are wrong and the particulars are different. He repowered
with Yamars. The one Tom referred to apparently had rebuilds done on the DD
6-71s. But the rest of the story was almost identical. All new
furnishings, electronics, etc.

Eisboch

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 02:43:37 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:

"Wizard of Woodstock" wrote in message
.. .
http://tinyurl.com/8wq6ze

Entire boat, when it arrived at the shop, was gutted out - the only
thing left was the basic hull and super structure plus the newly
rebuilt twin D-671 turbos.

The kitchen cabinets were done by the owner from scratch as was the
salon - all hand made and fitted. The entire bridge was rebuilt
including the control console along with the hard top. The interior
was all hand made - I had a minor involvement with the electronics
installation.

Took the owner two years from start to finish.

I think I know that boat.

Maybe, but unlikely. The boa tis slipped at Westerly Yacht Club and
stored over winter at Petzel's on the CT river.

I'll tell you - he did one hell of a job on that boat. Amazing - the
thing was a freakin' wreck when he bought it.

--

"Every normal man must be tempted at times
to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,

H. L. Mencken