BoatBanter.com

-   -   1979 47' Post Convertible.... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/101695-1979-47-post-convertible.html)

Wizard of Woodstock January 19th 09 02:47 AM

1979 47' Post Convertible....

http://tinyurl.com/8wq6ze

Entire boat, when it arrived at the shop, was gutted out - the only
thing left was the basic hull and super structure plus the newly
rebuilt twin D-671 turbos.

The kitchen cabinets were done by the owner from scratch as was the
salon - all hand made and fitted. The entire bridge was rebuilt
including the control console along with the hard top. The interior
was all hand made - I had a minor involvement with the electronics
installation.

Took the owner two years from start to finish.

--

"Never fight an inanimate object."

P.J. O'Rourke

hk January 19th 09 02:50 AM

1979 47' Post Convertible....

Wizard of Woodstock wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/8wq6ze

Entire boat, when it arrived at the shop, was gutted out - the only
thing left was the basic hull and super structure plus the newly
rebuilt twin D-671 turbos.

The kitchen cabinets were done by the owner from scratch as was the
salon - all hand made and fitted. The entire bridge was rebuilt
including the control console along with the hard top. The interior
was all hand made - I had a minor involvement with the electronics
installation.

Took the owner two years from start to finish.

--

"Never fight an inanimate object."

P.J. O'Rourke

So, how much did you offer?

Tim January 19th 09 02:51 AM

1979 47' Post Convertible....

On Jan 18, 8:47*pm, Wizard of Woodstock wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/8wq6ze

Entire boat, when it arrived at the shop, was gutted out - the only
thing left was the basic hull and super structure plus the newly
rebuilt twin D-671 turbos.

The kitchen cabinets were done by the owner from scratch as was the
salon - all hand made and fitted. *The entire bridge was rebuilt
including the control console along with the hard top. *The interior
was all hand made - I had a minor involvement with the electronics
installation.

Took the owner two years from start to finish.

--

"Never fight an inanimate object."

P.J. O'Rourke

OK, and as Paul Harvey would say.

"Page 2"

(We're waiting, Tom)

Eisboch[_4_] January 19th 09 07:43 AM

1979 47' Post Convertible....

"Wizard of Woodstock" wrote in message
http://tinyurl.com/8wq6ze

Entire boat, when it arrived at the shop, was gutted out - the only
thing left was the basic hull and super structure plus the newly
rebuilt twin D-671 turbos.

The kitchen cabinets were done by the owner from scratch as was the
salon - all hand made and fitted. The entire bridge was rebuilt
including the control console along with the hard top. The interior
was all hand made - I had a minor involvement with the electronics
installation.

Took the owner two years from start to finish.

I think I know that boat.

Eisboch

Don White January 19th 09 02:26 PM

1979 47' Post Convertible....

"Wizard of Woodstock" wrote in message
http://tinyurl.com/8wq6ze

Entire boat, when it arrived at the shop, was gutted out - the only
thing left was the basic hull and super structure plus the newly
rebuilt twin D-671 turbos.

The kitchen cabinets were done by the owner from scratch as was the
salon - all hand made and fitted. The entire bridge was rebuilt
including the control console along with the hard top. The interior
was all hand made - I had a minor involvement with the electronics
installation.

Took the owner two years from start to finish.

--

Is this your new boat?
If so, quite impressive. You could take the entire population of

hk January 19th 09 02:28 PM

1979 47' Post Convertible....

Don White wrote:
[...]

It's a lovely boat...and if Tom bought it, I want to see the trailer. Is
it a roller or a bunk trailer? :)

Steve January 19th 09 02:58 PM

1979 47' Post Convertible....

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 02:47:10 GMT, Wizard of Woodstock
wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/8wq6ze

Entire boat, when it arrived at the shop, was gutted out - the only
thing left was the basic hull and super structure plus the newly
rebuilt twin D-671 turbos.

The kitchen cabinets were done by the owner from scratch as was the
salon - all hand made and fitted. The entire bridge was rebuilt
including the control console along with the hard top. The interior
was all hand made - I had a minor involvement with the electronics
installation.

Took the owner two years from start to finish.

Is that 9' draft correct? Seems like about twice what it should be
for a boat like that. If that's right, it sure would cut down on
where you could keep that thing.

My next boat is going to have zero exterior wood. Even that cap rail
is too much for me anymore. I've had enough.

Steve

Eisboch[_4_] January 19th 09 03:57 PM

1979 47' Post Convertible....

"Steve" wrote in message

My next boat is going to have zero exterior wood. Even that cap rail
is too much for me anymore. I've had enough.

Steve

I felt that way too. Both the Navigator and the Egg Harbor had zero
exterior wood, but after a while, it was just too "white". Ended up doing
the cockpit deck and the gunnels with FlexiTeek, just to break up the white
look.

Eisboch

Steve January 19th 09 04:38 PM

1979 47' Post Convertible....

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 10:57:51 -0500, "Eisboch"
wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message
.. .

My next boat is going to have zero exterior wood. Even that cap rail
is too much for me anymore. I've had enough.

I felt that way too. Both the Navigator and the Egg Harbor had zero
exterior wood, but after a while, it was just too "white". Ended up doing
the cockpit deck and the gunnels with FlexiTeek, just to break up the white
look.

That's fine. It's PVC. No maintenance required. All you have to do
is clean it, and you can use a powerwasher. A powerwasher on teak
takes off all the varnish and you're left with grey wood.

Steve