hk hk is offline

Default Trawler, anyone?

Tim wrote:
On Jan 15, 7:52 pm, wrote:
On Jan 15, 8:17 pm, D K wrote:

wrote:
On Jan 15, 6:51 pm, Wayne.B wrote:
On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 08:53:59 -0800 (PST), wrote:
The new Grand Banks 41 with Skyhook, looks awesome. Beautiful Salon,
apparently lots of room from the photos , and fast, too.
23 knots for a 41 foot Trawler is fast. Great range, as well.
Another beauty that would be nice to own.
To be called a trawler a boat needs to have a decent fuel range, close
to 1,000 nautical miles give or take. It is highly unlikely that a
23 knot boat will be anything close to that. Grand Banks seems to
have forgotten their roots.
I forgot to mention ( and you obviously havent read the write-up, my
bad ) but at 8.8 knots, using 7.9 gal per hour.... with a load of 500
gallons....thats a lot of NM. More than your cutoff line, I'll guess.
Twin Diesels. Zeus Pods.
Go read the write-up.
I get 620 miles but that's slow as hell - over 63 hours.- Hide quoted text -

Hence the term " Cruising "...doh!

more like "coasting"

Or...drifting.

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 21:03:42 -0800, "Calif Bill"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Jan 15, 8:42 pm, Wayne.B wrote:
On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 16:04:59 -0800 (PST), wrote:
I forgot to mention ( and you obviously havent read the write-up, my
bad ) but at 8.8 knots, using 7.9 gal per hour.... with a load of 500
gallons....thats a lot of NM. More than your cutoff line, I'll guess.
Twin Diesels. Zeus Pods.
Go read the write-up.

8.8 kt / 7.9 gph is approximately 1.1 gal/nautical mile for a maximum
range of about 550 NM. Unfortunately there are major reliability
issues with high performance diesels run at slow speed for extended
periods of time.

Oh, oh, Harry failed 4th grade math. Must not be a requirement for
Yale. Pfffftttt..
Wayne also failed 7th grade math, or had a brain pffft. 1.1 nautical mile
per gallon. Or about 556 nautical miles. Whats that about 640 standard
miles? Actually is Slammer that has no math ability.

I don't see how Wayne 'failed 7th grade math'. If the tank holds 500
gallons and the boat gets 1.1 nautical mile/gallon, the product of the two
numbers is 550 nautical miles.

Slammer's math? Leaves a lot to be desired.

On Jan 15, 11:03*pm, wrote:
On Jan 15, 9:24*pm, wrote:

On Jan 15, 8:42*pm, Wayne.B wrote:

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 16:04:59 -0800 (PST), wrote:
I forgot to mention ( and you obviously havent read the write-up, my
bad ) but at 8.8 knots, using 7.9 gal per hour.... with a load of 500
gallons....thats a lot of NM. More than your cutoff line, I'll guess..
Twin Diesels. Zeus Pods.
Go read the write-up.

8.8 kt / 7.9 gph is approximately 1.1 gal/nautical mile for a maximum
range of about 550 NM. * Unfortunately there are major reliability
issues with high performance diesels run at slow speed for extended
periods of time.

Oh, oh, Harry failed 4th grade math. Must not be a requirement for
Yale. Pfffftttt..

Look at stupid here, blaming Harry for Waynes statement... What a
turd...polluting this thread.... I think you owe an appology, Mr Head-
In-Ass.- Hide quoted text -

Are you going to apologize for every thread that you've ruined with
your childish name calling and third grade vulgar insults?
Senior Member

On Jan 16, 9:49*am, wrote:
On Jan 15, 11:03*pm, wrote:

On Jan 15, 9:24*pm, wrote:

On Jan 15, 8:42*pm, Wayne.B wrote:

[...]

your childish name calling and third grade vulgar insults?- Hide quoted text -

Don't worry about the fruity five Loog, ever since the story of Donnie
and Salty with the pink panties, I don't pay much attention to them.
They all seem to have very weird sexual hangups, remember stumpy?

wrote in message
On Jan 16, 9:49 am, wrote:
On Jan 15, 11:03 pm, wrote:

wrote:
[...]

How long does it take to put a new discussion board up? I believe Chuck
did it in a couple of days.

On Jan 16, 9:57*am, wrote:
On Jan 16, 9:49*am, wrote:

On Jan 15, 11:03*pm, wrote:

On Jan 15, 9:24*pm, wrote:

On Jan 15, 8:42*pm, Wayne.B wrote:

[...]

They all seem to have very weird sexual hangups, remember stumpy?- Hide quoted text -

I think Don even has more sexual hangups than Harry. He's over in the
Hybrid Car thread talking about strap-ons now! I wonder if he and
Harry and slammer are planning a little get together........

On Jan 16, 10:12*am, "Don White" wrote:
wrote in message

On Jan 16, 9:49 am, wrote:

On Jan 15, 11:03 pm, wrote:

wrote:
[...]

did it in a couple of days.- Hide quoted text -

Don, I know you don't realize or understand this, what with you and
your kid laying around the house all day, but there are people in the
world that have different things that they need to do, or they want to
do. Sometimes these tasks take precedent over other tasks.
Senior Member

wrote in message

On Jan 16, 9:49 am, wrote:

On Jan 15, 11:03 pm, wrote:

wrote:
[...]

do. Sometimes these tasks take precedent over other tasks.- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, but the Fruity Five only are successful as trolls, it's their
job...

wrote in message

On Jan 16, 9:49 am, wrote:

On Jan 15, 11:03 pm, wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Has he moved the motorcycle off the kitchen table yet?

wrote:

wrote in message
On Jan 15, 8:42 pm, Wayne.B wrote:
[...]

The 7th grade error was confusing the units.
Wayne "approximately 1.1 gal/nautical mile " not approximately 1.1 nautical
mile/gal.